Sign in to follow this  
Chappers

Post Removal

Can anyone remember the last time a post was removed?(Apart from the delia post earlier). If so, why?

I had a thread removed monday, however i did request a mod to do it as i posted b4 reading someone else''s thread and i''d basically repeated them word for word so i knew i''d get abuse for it!

I bought one from your place a few years ago. It was described to me as ".......an eminently nickable `van...." by the service guy! 

I should really tell you I`m a pikey now.........[:D]....but I`m not!

[quote user="McCanary"]

I bought one from your place a few years ago. It was described to me as ".......an eminently nickable `van...." by the service guy! 

I should really tell you I`m a pikey now.........[:D]....but I`m not!

[/quote]

Thank god (peter cullum) for that. I was about to ask whos laptop you are on :)

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote]Some pikey removed my fence post last night[/quote]

I''ll bring it back to you tomorrow. I''ve nearly finished with it. Sorry about that.

[/quote]

Can you creosote it first please. I had done the rest. Also, that tarmac you laid is lifting.

[quote user="Chappers"]Can anyone remember the last time a post was removed?(Apart from the delia post earlier). If so, why?[/quote]Two days ago"The Butler" posted the story that during the last takeover of NCFC, financial pressure was put on  Chase by the calling in of the overdraft forcing quick unexpected player sales. Not new news you might say, but The Butler put forward the opinion that Delia was behind the  Banks actions as she had (allegedly) approached them with a view to investing but only if Chase was off the Board. Not a new story either but one only whispered between a few people up ''til recently.Post disappeared instantly, but WT Pete reinstated the post the next day.

[quote user="Vern GNG Hater"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote]Some pikey removed my fence post last night[/quote]

I''ll bring it back to you tomorrow. I''ve nearly finished with it. Sorry about that.

[/quote]

Can you creosote it first please. I had done the rest. Also, that tarmac you laid is lifting.

[/quote]

Yeah no problems - would you like me to creosote both bits...?

Oh, and the tarmac, just jump up and down on it a few times. If that doesn''t work lay some carpet over it or move house.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="Vern GNG Hater"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote]Some pikey removed my fence post last night[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, and the tarmac, just jump up and down on it a few times. If that doesn''t work lay some carpet over it or move house.

[/quote]

I have piled that bunch of conifers that you cut down on the tarmac. You promised to come back tomorrow and take the conifer away. Dont worry, I will dispose of it......Just bring the post back. Cheers.

[quote user="Vern GNG Hater"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="Vern GNG Hater"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote]Some pikey removed my fence post last night[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have piled that bunch of conifers that you cut down on the tarmac. You promised to come back tomorrow and take the conifer away. Dont worry, I will dispose of it......Just bring the post back. Cheers.

[/quote]

I can bring it back but, as you may have gathered, its no longer a singular unit. It came second in a fight with my skull. Long story. Sorry.

I''ll dispose of your conifers - which neighbour do you hate most?

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="Vern GNG Hater"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="Vern GNG Hater"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote]Some pikey removed my fence post last night[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can bring it back but, as you may have gathered, its no longer a singular unit. It came second in a fight with my skull. Long story. Sorry.

I''ll dispose of your conifers - which neighbour do you hate most?

[/quote]

Anyone know where Good News Gordon lives?

[quote user="Worst Wizard"][quote user="Chappers"]Can anyone remember the last time a post was removed?(Apart from the delia post earlier). If so, why?[/quote]

Two days ago"The Butler" posted the story that during the last takeover of NCFC, financial pressure was put on  Chase by the calling in of the overdraft forcing quick unexpected player sales. Not new news you might say, but The Butler put forward the opinion that Delia was behind the  Banks actions as she had (allegedly) approached them with a view to investing but only if Chase was off the Board. Not a new story either but one only whispered between a few people up ''til recently.
Post disappeared instantly, but WT Pete reinstated the post the next day.

[/quote]

Now that’s not strictly true, close in certain respects but based on my own knowledge wide of the mark. 

Back in 1995 (heavens to Murgatroid I was young then) in the last days of Big Bob there were two fundamental problems he simply couldn’t get his not inconsiderable frame around. 

The first is that unlike today the majority the clubs borrowings were by way of an overdraft as opposed to the term loans we now see and were repayable on demand.  Back when this was not uncommon but the banking system was going through a not dissimilar crisis to the one we all face toady which leads to the next point. 

Back in 1995 the clubs bankers were in major financial difficulty and were calling in overdraft facilities left, right and centre and one of those was of course the clubs.  Now whilst Big Bob had undoubtedly been up to no good around the place with big trips to the 1994 World Cup and the odd trip to Michael Powell Bentley as well he was also at the mercy of a really unpleasant individual looking after corporate recovery for the his bank locally. 

The character in question is a Binner of the very worst kind (some of them can be ok from time to time) and I remember as if it was yesterday listening to him a business function locally about how he was going to ‘do’ or club and so it came top pass. 

Of course the rest is well documented history with the timely intervention of the late, great, Geoffrey Watling god rest his soul and his subsequent deal with Smith & Jones but did she really have some roll to play in all of this?  I’d be absolutely astounded of she had.

[quote]as to why the pikey removed my post....he was a pikey[/quote]Good job he isn''t a moderator on this forum! Your post count would go down pretty quickly [:P]