Sign in to follow this  
Rum Ol Boy

Something I heard

Now this may have been posted and I''ll apologise now but two things cropped up from people I know are good sources.Firstly, the "announcement I was talking about isn''t necessarily about an investor coming in but rather that Delia and Co have renogotiated their loan agreements with the bank..........this would free up a little extra cash for transferssecondly, I hear Mr Martin was back at the Police Station on saturday night after a spot of bother........will Roeder put up with any more crap? who knows but Chris is treading a thin line!take it as you will

Great, if that is true.  Re-negotiated the loans for more money for transfers.

Excellent as long as it keeps Delia at the helm and gives us a few mill for transfers.

Like shoite, hardly good for the long term security and future of the club and I certainly can''t see it freeing up anywhere near £20m.

And of course all the fans will buy it Delia.

That would be ok in the short term, but what happens when next summer comes and that money is gone and we need to strengthen the squad again as should be the case every summer if you want to compete. They can''t renegotiate the loans every summer and this board aren''t likely to put their hands in their pockets anymore so we end up in the same situation we''ve been in for the last few years.

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]Firstly, the "announcement I was talking about isn''t necessarily about an investor coming in but rather that Delia and Co have renogotiated their loan agreements with the bank..........this would free up a little extra cash for transfers

take it as you will[/quote]You mean robbing Peter to pay Paul.The words clinging. on. by. and fingertips come readily to mind.

Does anyone else think that the timing re. restructuring the clubs debt is a little suspicious.  i.e pending a Cullum takeover.  Interesting times at the club, good or bad this is better than any soap opera.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Does anyone else think that the timing re. restructuring the clubs debt is a little suspicious.  i.e pending a Cullum takeover.  Interesting times at the club, good or bad this is better than any soap opera.[/quote]not too sure, I just think Cullum is annoyed by the fact Delia and MWJ won''t budge over the asking price, he just went to the press in order to let the fans know what he intended and to put the pressure on her..............either way, I don''t believe any investment will come in this year.....certainly not at that price.any thoughts on Martin guys?

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]

any thoughts on Martin guys?
[/quote]

After recent reports of him wanting to turn over a new leaf, I seriously hope thats one rumour that can be consigned to the dust bin. If it is true though, I''m not even sure we can afford to give him the boot yet, what with only him and Cureton as recognised strikers. Worrying indeed.

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="rum-ole-boy"]any thoughts on Martin guys?[/quote]After recent reports of him wanting to turn over a new leaf, I seriously hope thats one rumour that can be consigned to the dust bin. If it is true though, I''m not even sure we can afford to give him the boot yet, what with only him and Cureton as recognised strikers. Worrying indeed.[/quote]I''m pretty sure this is true..........I work with lots of Beccles guys and it seems its true.

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]Now this may have been posted and I''ll apologise now but two things cropped up from people I know are good sources.

Firstly, the "announcement I was talking about isn''t necessarily about an investor coming in but rather that Delia and Co have renogotiated their loan agreements with the bank..........this would free up a little extra cash for transfers

secondly, I hear Mr Martin was back at the Police Station on saturday night after a spot of bother........will Roeder put up with any more crap? who knows but Chris is treading a thin line!

take it as you will
[/quote]

A message to Chris Martin......Grow Up, Appreciate that you have a chance only millions dream of, Get yourself sorted out little boy before you meet a proper hard man on a Saturday night who teaches you some respect. Turd.

[quote user="Vern"]

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]Now this may have been posted and I''ll apologise now but two things cropped up from people I know are good sources.

Firstly, the "announcement I was talking about isn''t necessarily about an investor coming in but rather that Delia and Co have renogotiated their loan agreements with the bank..........this would free up a little extra cash for transfers

secondly, I hear Mr Martin was back at the Police Station on saturday night after a spot of bother........will Roeder put up with any more crap? who knows but Chris is treading a thin line!

take it as you will
[/quote]

A message to Chris Martin......Grow Up, Appreciate that you have a chance only millions dream of, Get yourself sorted out little boy before you meet a proper hard man on a Saturday night who teaches you some respect. Turd.

[/quote]

What a wonderful message, especially considering you''re basing this all on what some bloke said on a forum.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Vern"]

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]Now this may have been posted and I''ll apologise now but two things cropped up from people I know are good sources.Firstly, the "announcement I was talking about isn''t necessarily about an investor coming in but rather that Delia and Co have renogotiated their loan agreements with the bank..........this would free up a little extra cash for transferssecondly, I hear Mr Martin was back at the Police Station on saturday night after a spot of bother........will Roeder put up with any more crap? who knows but Chris is treading a thin line!take it as you will[/quote]

[/quote]

some BLOKE whos friends with his brother[;)]

What a wonderful message, especially considering you''re basing this all on what some bloke said on a forum.

[/quote]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Great, if that is true.  Re-negotiated the loans for more money for transfers.

Excellent as long as it keeps Delia at the helm and gives us a few mill for transfers.

Like shoite, hardly good for the long term security and future of the club and I certainly can''t see it freeing up anywhere near £20m.

And of course all the fans will buy it Delia.

[/quote]I would be surprised if this is true, if you have a secured debt at the moment, keep it.  The cost of borrowing, especially going to the capital markets that this would require is going through the roof.  There just isnt the capital out there and if it is, its going to very safe ventures, borrowing more now would be a very bad idea.

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="rum-ole-boy"]

[/quote]

After recent reports of him wanting to turn over a new leaf, I seriously hope thats one rumour that can be consigned to the dust bin. If it is true though, I''m not even sure we can afford to give him the boot yet, what with only him and Cureton as recognised strikers. Worrying indeed.[/quote]

Sounds as though he''s become a target in the Beccles area - give a dog a bad name and all that.  Perhaps the club should test his commitment by requiring him to live in Norwich.

First saw him play for the reserves about two years ago as an attacking midfielder and he stood out.  I was particularly impressed with his instinctive positional sense - knowing where to be - which is hard to teach.  He has plenty of natural ability but like with many natural talents there is another side that he hasn''t learned to control yet.  Also not sure if up front is his best position.

Offering him a three year contract to keep away the vultures maybe in hindsight was not the best move, but he''s still very young and has plenty of time to sort himself out.

As has been suggested before, send him out on loan to somewhere like Scunthorpe. No offence meant to Scunthorpe, but no-one will know who he is, the night life will be different and he''ll either learn what it''s like to live as an adult or blow his final chance.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="rum-ole-boy"]

[/quote]

After recent reports of him wanting to turn over a new leaf, I seriously hope thats one rumour that can be consigned to the dust bin. If it is true though, I''m not even sure we can afford to give him the boot yet, what with only him and Cureton as recognised strikers. Worrying indeed.[/quote]

I was particularly impressed with his instinctive positional sense - knowing where to be - which is hard to teach.

[/quote]

Maybe if the litle prick is so good at knowing where to be, he will stay away from trouble on a Saturday night. Last I heard he was living in Little Melton anyway.