Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

the championship on the beeb

[quote user="Badger Bouncer"]The fixture have only just come out, i think they only get enough games to show each team once don''t they?
[/quote]

I thought they had the rights to 6 games in the season. The bbc are an absolute joke to acquire such a pathetic amount. [:@]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I thought the BBC had the rights from NEXT season (2009/10).[/quote]

Yeah thats correct. They have the rights to the 09/10, 10/11, 11/12 seasons. 10 high choice games a season. This means 4 teams will prob miss out.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I thought the BBC had the rights from NEXT season (2009/10).[/quote]

Yeah thats correct. They have the rights to the 09/10, 10/11, 11/12 seasons. 10 high choice games a season. This means 4 teams will prob miss out.

[quote user="xKevin82x"]This could mean they show both the norwich v ipswich games, as sky didn;t seem interested last season to show them.[/quote]

Well they showed the first game didn''t they from Carrow, which we drew 2-2.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Badger Bouncer"]The fixture have only just come out, i think they only get enough games to show each team once don''t they?
[/quote]

I thought they had the rights to 6 games in the season. The bbc are an absolute joke to acquire such a pathetic amount. [:@]

[/quote]

Blame Sky.. they hold the monoply on the deal....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

. . . or blame the Prem for negotiating an exclusive deal.  But it''s worth a lot more money so from their standpoint you can hardly blame them.

I blame the football authorities for allowing exclusive deals to be made.  Not in the best interests of the game as a whole imo.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

. . . or blame the Prem for negotiating an exclusive deal.  But it''s worth a lot more money so from their standpoint you can hardly blame them.

I blame the football authorities for allowing exclusive deals to be made.  Not in the best interests of the game as a whole imo.

[/quote]

the rights need to be aquired by a television media agency.. Like in the NFL.. tjhey then ensure every broadcaster gets an equal number, and fair share of games..... theres also no say in the games... so if Sky wanted say Man utd vs Chelsea and got Hull vs WBA theres sod all they can do about it...

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Badger Bouncer"]The fixture have only just come out, i think they only get enough games to show each team once don''t they?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I blame any deal that is exclussive and on such scale as this. I don''t think anyone should be able to blanket buy something they do not intend to use. Sky may well pay good money but I think it is more for ease that it is done with them. But if this was in any other industry the deal would have been deamed illegal. I think they should open every game of every league to the highest bidder - and those that win the bid have to show it end of story.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Badger Bouncer"]The fixture have only just come out, i think they only get enough games to show each team once don''t they?[/quote]

[/quote]That''s because they have spent all our money on making more pointless documentary/features/programs/soundbites/moving pictures etc etc about the Olympics.  Next week a new series on the size of Sir bloody Sebastian Coe''s left leg, investigating as to why it''s 1/8th of an inch longer than the right.  God help us.