Sign in to follow this  
chelmsfordyellow

NCFC scouts sweeping champ 1 and 2?

We will be looking for scraps! Unless its been a very low key approach by the club. Low profile investment and strike when the time is right.

lets hope so cos if no money shows up which looks highly likely then we are in trouble.

[quote user="chelmsfordyellow"]

lets hope so cos if no money shows up which looks highly likely then we are in trouble.

[/quote]

Highly likely based on what? Years gone past?

Seriously, let''s wait and see. I do think we''ll be pleasantly surprised by the end of this summer.

[quote user="chelmsfordyellow"]

We will be looking for scraps! Unless its been a very low key approach by the club. Low profile investment and strike when the time is right.

[/quote]

Why do you have a problem with scouting the lower leagues?  I think it is a good thing, spread the net far and wide and hopefully unearth the next Michael Kightly, Dean Ashton or Jason Koumas.

I doubt we''ll be doing this as Roeder himself says he wants several Premiership quality players, something that''ll be required if promotion is a target.However, if he wants several Premiership quality players, we''ll have to pay for them! To get us out of this division in our current state, we''re going to need between £5 - £10 million.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

Seriously, let''s wait and see. I do think we''ll be pleasantly surprised by the end of this summer. [/quote]

And every bloody season, someone like you says the same old sentence which begins............Wait and see. Then, following very little Summer activity, you''ll be claiming that Roeder is really saving his zero budget for a January promotion push!.

Every year its the same.............fall for it if you like.................I however, won''t![:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Seriously, let''s wait and see. I do think we''ll be pleasantly surprised by the end of this summer. [/quote]

And every bloody season, someone like you says the same old sentence which begins............Wait and see. Then, following very little Summer activity, you''ll be claiming that Roeder is really saving his zero budget for a January promotion push!.

Every year its the same.............fall for it if you like.................I however, won''t![:|]

[/quote]Not every year 1st "selective memory" Wizard. Now now, I will have to buy you a rememberall[8-|]

And how many clubs are actually signing players? Or is every club around us signing 5 players a day and i''ve missed it?We have gaurenteed money as i have said before. I also know that we have players we are interested in who would be VERY good in this divisions whos names have not been linked in the press. However, to share these names would be to break trust with a confident. Wait and see, then be VERY surprised

[/quote]

Right. So you know now, on June 10th, what team will line up in August? There''s plenty of time before the season starts and we haven''t made one signing yet. We know that signings are coming - they have to, or else we won''t have a team in August. We should wait and see what comes through the door instead, as you seem to have concluded, berating the club for not having 10 signings lined up before the end of last season.

Let''s be reasonable, patient and optimistic.

[quote user="ButchP"]And how many clubs are actually signing players? Or is every club around us signing 5 players a day and i''ve missed it?

We have gaurenteed money as i have said before. I also know that we have players we are interested in who would be VERY good in this divisions whos names have not been linked in the press. However, to share these names would be to break trust with a confident. Wait and see, then be VERY surprised
[/quote]

I''ve heard similar.

[quote user="ButchP"]And how many clubs are actually signing players? Or is every club around us signing 5 players a day and i''ve missed it?

We have gaurenteed money as i have said before. I also know that we have players we are interested in who would be VERY good in this divisions whos names have not been linked in the press. However, to share these names would be to break trust with a confident. Wait and see, then be VERY surprised
[/quote]

Change the record...........................

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Change the record...........................

[/quote]

Pretty rich! [:)]

Come on Mac,how much more of this nonsense do we have to endure on these threads? At least i admit mine are just rumours that i''ve heard. I hope hes right but all this friend of friend said or Dorris the tea lady knows, I''ve just seen Ronaldo in the Woolpack.....................[|-)]

[/quote]

Sadly Butch, the non events at the moment support my theories...and not yours.

We are just one step away from the recievers according to my club contact, I cannot name my source as it would break a confidence.........................did you see what I just did there?[;)]

[/quote]

Most clubs are already in a position to field a first team ,we need at least 7-10 players and i''m suprised its been so quiet.

[/quote]

Any chance of you telling us how much ''guarenteed money'' we have? 250 grand? More than a million? 5 million plus? Or are you talking poo poo?

To be fair to Arthur and the Wizard, history is very much on their side. Having said that, the poor standard (and rate) of player recruitment in recent years can probably be attributed to the deficiencies of the respective managers. NW at the end of his reigh had run out of footaballing ideas and probably footballing contacts, too, and the less we say about Mr Grant the better.

Even through his plundering of the loan system last term, GR has demonstrated he is vastly more capable in the transfer market and apparently, vastly more popular with other managers. So with that in mind, there is reason to be optimistic - for now.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="chelmsfordyellow"]

[/quote]

Why do you have a problem with scouting the lower leagues?  I think it is a good thing, spread the net far and wide and hopefully unearth the next Michael Kightly, Dean Ashton or Jason Koumas.

[/quote]

Exactly. Why do people seem to have a problem with trawling the lower leagues for players? 

There are players in the championship who''ve even plyed their trade outside of the professional leagues and still stepped up to make the grade. Of course it''s a case of searching for the odd diamond amongst the rocks and there''s an element of risk involved, but those players are out there and if they don''t work out the financial the stakes are often nowhere near as high anyway.

Every club in the country will be doing the same.

[quote user="ButchP"]And how many clubs are actually signing players? Or is every club around us signing 5 players a day and i''ve missed it?We have gaurenteed money as i have said before. I also know that we have players we are interested in who would be VERY good in this divisions whos names have not been linked in the press. However, to share these names would be to break trust with a confident. Wait and see, then be VERY surprised[/quote]

Sadly Butch, the non events at the moment support my theories...and not yours.

We are just one step away from the recievers according to my club contact, I cannot name my source as it would break a confidence.........................did you see what I just did there?[;)]

[/quote]I did. I could also tell you that my contact works within the legal side of the club. The diffrence between my statement and your own, being that mine happens to be factual. How many transfers have you seen of QUALITY players so far... i.e players you would actually want to see come to Norwich? Kris Commons, Earnie? there isn''t many more. And that is assuming that we even targetted those players (which as i understand we didn''t) - It seems that you and many others on this board think we should be signing half the world. Surely fewer, quality signings is better than everyone who becomes avalible. I wouldn''t put it beyond some people on this board to claim we lack ambition by not putting in a bid for Ronaldo.Despite what is said outwardly, these boards are read. Now turn the table around? Would you want to sign for, or indeed invest money in, a team that has fans baying fot blood every time they miss out on one signing, who the club are not even interested in? And before i conclude that little rant, there are other people on this message board who i also know to have reliable sources. But stories change, and just because something is expected to happen doesn''t always mean it does. To discredit everyone with the same  brush because of this means that much good comment passed on here is just rejected because of a few ''dominant'' posters who feel they have some sort of right to manipulate that which we read to their own ends.   

[quote user="ButchP"]

turn the table around? Would you want to sign for, or indeed invest money in, a team that has fans baying fot blood every time they miss out on one signing? 

[/quote]

The assumption that some players can actually read must be a work of fiction in itself.[;)]

[quote user="ButchP"]

turn the table around? Would you want to sign for, or indeed invest money in, a team that has fans baying fot blood every time they miss out on one signing? 

[/quote]The assumption that some players can actually read must be a work of fiction in itself.[;)]

[/quote]If it''s your writing they are trying to read wiz then that''s understandable !   [:D]

[quote user="ButchP"]

turn the table around? Would you want to sign for, or indeed invest money in, a team that has fans baying fot blood every time they miss out on one signing?    [/quote]

The assumption that some players can actually read must be a work of fiction in itself.[;)]

[/quote]To suggest that all players do that level of research would be an exageration. But some definitely do. And we would nto be the first club to suffer from it. A club where all appear to be pulling in the same direction however, would seem a much more attractive prospect. I notice how you appear to have no comeback to any of the other points raised within my post.The problem Monsieur Wizard and others in your clan, is that to you the internet is wonderful. It gives you a wonderful platform to spill your often wholly inaccurate or libellous verbal diarrohea, far larger than any you would have had before. Your views speak of a radicalisim that should start and end at the corner of the pub-bar that you no doubt inhabit(ed) and be treated with the same contempt as those views of a bloke ''down the pub.''

Norwich need to look further into our youth sceme again... it''s where in the past we have been the most successful... hell lets not beat around the bush... it''s where most our money has come from when selling our little gems... (see bellamy, green, sutton etc...not to mention the likes of russell, kenton, lewis, mills who went on the cheap)

Cardiff are in the process of selling ramsey for 5million that''s £5,000,000! - He''s played 22 games...it pays to invest in youth for the future...

With this point in mind... i read with interest about our new midfield scholar Dario Dumic (hails from Copenhagen and has been tracked by Norwich for several years, visiting Colney and taking part in tournaments abroad for Norwich as long ago as 2005. Most recently Dario was in competitive action for City in the Megacard Cup Under-16 tournament at the beginning of 2008.)*

So we must be doing some scouting but the anti needs to be upped... we can''t afford to miss any hidden gems...

*taken from www.foncy.co.uk

If I was a man of the cloth, I would be saying a little silent note to the lord that we do have the money and the clout to buy the players. I have always been fairly reasonable to the board, but I do wonder and worry that we have the funs to buy players. But, I will wait for the summer to end before I make my mind up. If we don''t get the investment required for on the pitch, I will not be to happy as I think this is the summer we need the most to stand a chance of success. Like I said, I will wait, but only till the end of the summer.

[quote user="ButchP"]

turn the table around? Would you want to sign for, or indeed invest money in, a team that has fans baying fot blood every time they miss out on one signing?    [/quote]

Check out Camuldonums thread on the matter.We''re about par for the course in the baying stakes and behind three or four in our anti Board sentiment.Not bad when you consider they''ve been here so long. The overall message is that every group of fans from every club act in this manner, you''d find yourself out of work pretty quickly if you started looking too closely at these type of things.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Come on Mac,how much more of this nonsense do we have to endure on these threads? At least i admit mine are just rumours that i''ve heard. I hope hes right but all this friend of friend said or Dorris the tea lady knows, I''ve just seen Ronaldo in the Woolpack.....................[|-)]

[/quote]

Big or Little Woolpack?

Butch P lamented:

I notice how you appear to have no comeback to any of the other points raised within my post.

Not true, its simply because your points were not worthy of a reply from me!

The problem Monsieur Wizard and others in your clan,

Cor! I''ve got a clan now!.   [:D]

is that to you the internet is wonderful. It gives you a wonderful platform to spill your often wholly inaccurate or libellous verbal diarrohea, far larger than any you would have had before. Your views speak of a radicalisim that should start and end at the corner of the pub-bar that you no doubt inhabit(ed) and be treated with the same contempt as those views of a bloke ''down the pub.''

Bloody hilarious and gave me a right old laugh, really Butchypoo, you really make it all too easy for me!.   [:D][:D]

Bloody hilarious and gave me a right old laugh, really Butchypoo, you really make it all too easy for me!.

You see Wiz, some days you are the statue and other days you are the pigeon. But most days you are the statue !! [:D]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Bloody hilarious and gave me a right old laugh, really Butchypoo, you really make it all too easy for me!.

You see Wiz, some days you are the statue and other days you are the pigeon. But most days you are the statue !! [:D]

[/quote]

Wow! is that phili-sophi-thingee?.............[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Something like that [Y]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Something like that [Y]

[/quote]

Ah soo!.[:D]