Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

FC Twente closing in on McClaren

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Well it''s fair to say, the England job didn''t work out well for his stock!

[/quote]He''ll be in The Champions League next season!Whilst I agree that he did an awful job as England manager, although Terry Vegetables miraculously gets away withouth any criticism [^o)], I think he deserves a bit of credit for this. If a few more of our managers, and players for that matter, took a chance and went abroad they might actually learn a few new things. And that can only benefit English football as a whole.

As we are on the subject of ex england managers, it is being reported that Sven is going to be sacked by man city and take over as Mexico boss.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_3629780,00.html

I can''t forgive Steve Mclown for being the most inept and talentless England manager that we have had. To cap it all off, he was paid a kings ransom for his failure and now gets to lead a team in the Champions League. A mad mad world we do live in.

As good coach he may be, a good manager he will never be

I expect this post to resurface when Mclown gets Norwich into the Champions League in 2113!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"]

I can''t forgive Steve Mclown for being the most inept and talentless England manager that we have had. To cap it all off, he was paid a kings ransom for his failure and now gets to lead a team in the Champions League. A mad mad world we do live in.

I expect this post to resurface when Mclown gets Norwich into the Champions League in 2113!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

2013! Will it really take that long?

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]What with Sepp Blatter pushing for 5 English players in each team, how about 5 English coaches in the Premier League?![/quote]name 5 good enough for the prem....

[quote user="sig"][quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"]

[/quote]

2013! Will it really take that long?

[/quote]

Well Mclown is a lucky at man at the moment or maybe he has a flux capacitor and a car that goes beserk as 88mph??

[quote user="buddhaboy"][quote user="One Flew Over..."]What with Sepp Blatter pushing for 5 English players in each team, how about 5 English coaches in the Premier League?![/quote]
name 5 good enough for the prem....
[/quote]

I''ll take this one Buddhaboy as no one else seems to want to. These are 5 english manager who I think are good enough for the Premiership

1, Alan Curbishley

2, Harry Redknapp

3, Gary Johnson - Has turned round the fortunes of Bristol City in two season

4, Paul Ince - Successful at MK Dons, has got tonnes of potential

5,Phil Brown - Performed a miracle getting Hull City promoted

I admit this list was very hard to make, I''m still not sure about No 5, maybe Steve Bruce. No 5 is a risky one but I feel my top 4 deserve to be in the Prem soon rather than Later

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[quote user="buddhaboy"][quote user="One Flew Over..."]What with Sepp Blatter pushing for 5 English players in each team, how about 5 English coaches in the Premier League?![/quote]name 5 good enough for the prem....[/quote]

I''ll take this one Buddhaboy as no one else seems to want to. These are 5 english manager who I think are good enough for the Premiership

1, Alan Curbishley

2, Harry Redknapp

3, Gary Johnson - Has turned round the fortunes of Bristol City in two season

4, Paul Ince - Successful at MK Dons, has got tonnes of potential

5,Phil Brown - Performed a miracle getting Hull City promoted

I admit this list was very hard to make, I''m still not sure about No 5, maybe Steve Bruce. No 5 is a risky one but I feel my top 4 deserve to be in the Prem soon rather than Later

[/quote]i will agree with you on redknapp, and im sure in the future (5years?) ince would be good enough. but i dont think curbishly is overly amazing, or brown although, he did make some good signings and turn crap like marney into legends.. and johnson i certainly dont rate, his style is very crude at best. effective but then again, you dont drink paint stripper to get drunk, you go the long way and use non lethal things.....id have:1) redknapp2) grayson perhaps (blackpool were enteratining and he has a good eye for talent)3) brown maybe4) steve clarke5) big sam.

I personally would add Simon Grayson at Blackpool to that list he has done very well at Blackpool.

I know he was also crap for us as a manager but Gary Megson done very well to keep Bolton up when he took over they were dead in the water and going down.

Paul Jewel is also a name that springs to mind although the Derby job could be the end of him time will tell.

Graham Turner of Hereford (although i''m related to him so have to say it really) he bought the club when they were in the Confrence just got to League 1 remarkable!

[quote user="The Duke"]

I personally would add Simon Grayson at Blackpool to that list he has done very well at Blackpool.

I know he was also crap for us as a manager but Gary Megson done very well to keep Bolton up when he took over they were dead in the water and going down.

Paul Jewel is also a name that springs to mind although the Derby job could be the end of him time will tell.

Graham Turner of Hereford (although i''m related to him so have to say it really) he bought the club when they were in the Confrence just got to League 1 remarkable!

[/quote]yes grayson, i said him, he is good.and graham turner, hmmm...inexperienced at champs level etc.NO TO JEWELL, crap with pressure.

Anyone who''s read the excellent book Brillant Orange, will know that McClaren will become a laughing stock in Holland among pro footballers, much as his predecessor Bobby Robson did. Neither of them know anything useful about tactics and McClaren won''t be able to handle the Dutch temperament