Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

The Greatest Ever Event

Well what can i say....im not a big drinker but i spent most of the event in the bar!

The compere''s mic hardly worked, the supposed "best queen tribute act in the world" were more like karaoke in the brickmakers. A total sham and an event not worthy of our greatest ever players.Im guessing less than 3000 people were there.

As for a Huckerby send of......well the people there should be ashamed of themselves. Me and my mate were the only 2 in the barclay trying to encourage the "oh Huckerby" chant but that was greeted with deaf stares of sit down.

Those that didnt go, you missed nothing, it was a waste of time.....well apart from a drunk disco dale!

Shocking.....well thought out NCFC.

Thats pretty much what i heard the official organisers said it was 3500 so 3000 is about right.  I wonder how much money the club lost on that bearing in mind all the stage pa "Acts" hire of seating etc etc and no doubt the hospitality and expences incurred by the former players.   Probably offset loses by sacking the physio earlier in the week!

This is a prime example of people at the club being hugely out of touch with what is wanted by the fans and a real shame that some great players were met with a crowd not much bigger than a reserve team gate...

Pop Acts = Wrong (Not the type of act that average football fans want to see and certainly not good or famous enough to attract extra numbers to the event.)

Price = Wrong (£25 quid to see no actual football and some ropey pop acts?  The Open day was a better time to stage this event or a pre season freindly)

Timing = Wrong (A week BEFORE half term? At the end of a poor season? Chance missed) 

What bunkum! How can any Greatest Ever Team Exclude:Ron Davies (Iwan Roberts not fit to lace his boots)Terry BlyJohnny GavinBarry Butler  etc etc etc

how i agree with john page terry bly ron davies the great barry butler jmmy hill .the best captain we had ron ashman bobby brennen erol crossan the 1959 cup side plus ron davies was the best norwich side i ever saw and this is my 50 year of surport

[quote user="Boba Fett"]

Pop Acts = Wrong (Not the type of act that average football fans want to see and certainly not good or famous enough to attract extra numbers to the event.)

Price = Wrong (£25 quid to see no actual football and some ropey pop acts?  The Open day was a better time to stage this event or a pre season freindly)

Timing = Wrong (A week BEFORE half term? At the end of a poor season? Chance missed) 

[/quote]

Couple of Comments

I agree the acts chosen were all wrong

Price sounds reasonable considering how much other similar events cost - I went to Royal Albert Hall for 1 concert last week and paid 37 quid for back row of 3rd balcony

Timing - so your saying if Norwich had a good season the ticket sales would have been better, if only the Club had a crystal ball before organising these events

[quote user="Boba Fett"]

Thats pretty much what i heard the official organisers said it was 3500 so 3000 is about right.  I wonder how much money the club lost on that bearing in mind all the stage pa "Acts" hire of seating etc etc and no doubt the hospitality and expences incurred by the former players.   Probably offset loses by sacking the physio earlier in the week!

[/quote]

Did the club lose money staging this ridiculous event? If they did I''ve suddenly started to care about it!

Surely this thread should have been called ''The Greatest Ever Non-Event''.  Bunch of pop has-beens or never-beens (apart from Jamelia maybe) but nothing to attract the average football or music fan.  Take a leaf out of Thetford Forest (no pun intended) and have a look at some of the acts scheduled there for future events. 

[quote user="Eastonpromise"][quote user="Boba Fett"]

[/quote]

Couple of Comments

Price sounds reasonable considering how much other similar events cost - I went to Royal Albert Hall for 1 concert last week and paid 37 quid for back row of 3rd balcony

Timing - so your saying if Norwich had a good season the ticket sales would have been better, if only the Club had a crystal ball before organising these events

[/quote]

Yes but I expect you concert at the Royal Albert Hall featured someone better than some X-factor failures?

[quote user="Eastonpromise"]

I think its a safe bet the club lost a LOT of money on this event

[/quote]

It was run by an external company, so that is unlikely.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Eastonpromise"][quote user="Boba Fett"]

[/quote]

Couple of Comments

[/quote]

Yes but I expect you concert at the Royal Albert Hall featured someone better than some X-factor failures?

[/quote]

Josh Grobern and the former lead singer of Wet Wet Wet so yeah  a far higher standard to name just 2

As an aside, a mate of mine who supports the team who plays down the A140 was willing to pay to come to the event just to see Rhydian, but due to the fact its a long trip from Chelmsford we decided not to come

Jamelia is a fairly well known Singer.. and could probably have filled Carrow Road for a gig of her own.. just her warbling on for 2 hours.... That would of made the football club money.

The event yesterday, from what i have been told, was simply embaressing.. despite Anglia TV''s best efforts to use clever camera angles to make Carrow Road look full.

Im sure the club expected a sell out... they now probably wish they had just unveiled the team at half time on the 1st home game of next season to save the embaressment.

jas :)

The noise outside the ground was awful. Seems to me that the poorer the event, the smaller the crowd,then the amplifiers always get turned up. From where I live, perhaps 1/2 mile from the ground, the only answer was either to call the police or go inside, out of the garden, and close the windows.

I choose to complain to the Management but was told (as always) that mine was the only complaint, there was a 3,000 crowd and there would be more "events" this Summer.

Pity the poor buggers who bought those expensive flats for a bit of peace by the river!

Bobert, funny that, you must have great hearing lol! I live within spitting distance of the Barclay (honestly) and the noise was surprisingly low, I could just about tell who was on stage at the time. Not surprisingly heard not too many cheers or any football songs when the footballers were introduced. George Michael was much louder last year. I went out for the evening on that occasion and could hear him up on Queen Street.

I wasn''t going to complain. What''s the point, I knew the ground was there when I moved there so it''s my fault for living nearby. I happen to like living here. The other events they are referring to - I am not sure of all of them but there is always a very high profile religious event over one weekend (not sure which one) in the summer which is v noisy!!

I shan''t be getting too excited though until the pre season friendlies. The time when we can all go along and make some noise!