Sign in to follow this  
notsosuperchrisymartin

Sodje & Duberry

Read in the sun this morning that these two Reading players are out of contract in the summer, both good championship centre halves ! Whats your thoughts surely they could fill a gap ! Sam Sodje & Michael Duberry !

i think both would be suitable moves for norwich to solve centre halves issues

i would think both would want to play football regularly

would you be able to garuntee that? if so then both seem reasonible suggestions to me

Is this the same Sam Sodje as that was on loan at Charlton.. if so I can see him going there!

As for Duberry, would be quality signing at Championship level, got the experience and quality plus being free would be a great bargain especially if we signed Taylor who would cost a lot.

[quote user="Poor mans Earnshaw"]

Is this the same Sam Sodje as that was on loan at Charlton.. if so I can see him going there!

As for Duberry, would be quality signing at Championship level, got the experience and quality plus being free would be a great bargain especially if we signed Taylor who would cost a lot.

[/quote]

Duberry is more error prone and clumsy than Doherty, and can''t pass as well as him either. Ouch.

I''d love it if we could sign Sam Sodje, if only because he comes with the best chant of all time attached."He ain''t Efe, he''s his brother."[8]

Duberry cant be that error prone if he can play in the Premiership regularly for a year and a half.. All be it in a relegated team but that was because they couldnt score goals, not keep them out!

Who are your suggestions for centre backs then.. Bearing in mind we need two?

[quote user="Fellas"]Mook is doherty''s love child so I wouldn''t expect any better.
[/quote]

Hmmm. There''s nothing like good old fashioned grown-up discussions.

Eh, Mr. Poopy Pants?

Would like to see Duberry here, he''d be a good addition.

Not too sure about Sodje though.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Poor mans Earnshaw"]

[/quote]

Duberry is more error prone and clumsy than Doherty, and can''t pass as well as him either. Ouch.

[/quote]

Impossible

[/quote user="Poor man''s Earnshaw"]

Duberry cant be that error prone if he can play in the Premiership regularly for a year and a half.. All be it in a relegated team but that was because they couldnt score goals, not keep them out!

Who are your suggestions for centre backs then.. Bearing in mind we need two?

[/quote user="Poor man''s Earnshaw"]

This would be the reading that conceded 7 at Portsmouth and 6 at Spurs and I think had one of the worst defensive records in the Premiership!

Duberry is no better than what we have and Sodje is prone to complete loss of self control as we witnessed with his shocking tackle on Russell when we played Charlton.

Would rather we had Taylor or Pearce.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

Duberry is no better than what we have and Sodje is prone to complete loss of self control as we witnessed with his shocking tackle on Russell when we played Charlton.

Would rather we had Taylor or Pearce.

[/quote]

You think Michael Duberry, who has played a lot of footie in the Prem and at this level for Chelsea, Leeds, Stoke and Reading, is no better than what we have?

If I could pick between Duberry and Shacks in defence I''d pick Duberry every time.

And Alex Pearce was fairly ordinary, in my opinion.

Id have Sam Sodje definetly i think he is more suited to a passing game then duberry, duberry is much the same no nonsense type as malky, shacks and doherty. I would have Sodje for his ability to play the ball down on the floor.

Would rather have Tiny than Duberry, always seemed a bit cumbersome and clumsy, built like a brick outhouse tho''!!!!

Isn''t getting on a bit too?

Really starting to worry about next season already, need to start make signings soon, or no-one will be left.

How those ''tahn'' supporters must be laughing!!!!