Sign in to follow this  

Firstly, as has already been said on numerous posts, Darren Huckerby has been a great servant to this club, and greatly enhanced our side ffrom mid-table security to Champions elect.

However, as sorry as I am that hucks has not been offered a new contract, I fear that a section of fans are forgetting what a manager''s job is- to select a team that he sees fit to do a job for him.

There have been hundreds of posts on here, and articles in newspapers, websites, etc, stating that Roeder must be allowed to get on with the job in hand. He, and only he, must be able to choose a squad that he wants for next season.

Posts I have read have included people saying ''I hope he gets sacked like Peter Grant'', and that it''s a ''disgrace'' that Huckerby has been treated as a ''scapegoat''. Exactly what world are these people living in? Roeder clearly is a man worth trusting to make the tough decisions (remember where we were in october?), and I for one am willing to let him get on with it, even if it means not having Hucks in the squad next year. In reply the person who said that Hucks has been treated as a scapegoat, this is total rubbish. His future was discussed until after we secured survival- the same as the other 9-10 players whose contracts were up in the summer. He has left with both the board and manager on good terms, both singing his praises after 5 years of service.

Personally, I would have offered him a new contract- but I''m not a football manager- and neither are any of you- we don''t know how Glenn wants to shape his squad for his ''3 year plan''.

We wanted Glenn to be given money and left to his own devices to re-shape the entire club, from top to bottom. That is exactly what he is doing. so instead of slating the man that has saved this club from the position that a club of Leicester''s size now occupy, we should be supporting him, and paying tribute to Huckerby for 5 years of top service to our club.

OTBC!

[quote user="ricky knight"]And when Roeder has gone we will still be here paying for his misakes.[/quote]

Or alternatively enjoying the fruits of his success built on the back of a good footballing decision (albeit ineptly handled from a PR point of view) Ricky.  The proof will be there for all to see after 10 games of next season not now.

Not saying you are right or wrong, just that (like we had to with Grant) we have to wait and see what he does with his own team.  Just pray he makes a better fist of it.

Roeder has certainly ensured that our success or failure next season is entirely down to him.  He has shown the fans that he will make his own decisions, just as he did vs QPR when Russell and Dublin (the top two in the Player of the Season vote) were left on the bench.I think he''s got something about him, and wish him all the best. He''s made it clear today that the buck stops with him.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]And when Roeder has gone we will still be here paying for his misakes.[/quote]

Or alternatively enjoying the fruits of his success built on the back of a good footballing decision (albeit ineptly handled from a PR point of view) Ricky.  The proof will be there for all to see after 10 games of next season not now.

Not saying you are right or wrong, just that (like we had to with Grant) we have to wait and see what he does with his own team.  Just pray he makes a better fist of it.

[/quote]Whatever happens he cannot make a worse fist of it than Grant. He''s not Jim Duffy.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Roeder has certainly ensured that our success or failure next season is entirely down to him.  He has shown the fans that he will make his own decisions, just as he did vs QPR when Russell and Dublin (the top two in the Player of the Season vote) were left on the bench.

I think he''s got something about him, and wish him all the best. He''s made it clear today that the buck stops with him.
[/quote]

Correct my friend. Although we do have to realise that success will not be achieved overnight. Also, we beat QPR 3-0, could have been more, so (as I suspect you were saying)- Glenn certainly made the right choices in that game. A sign of things to come...?

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[/quote]

Whatever happens he cannot make a worse fist of it than Grant. He''s not Jim Duffy.
[/quote]

Amen to that [Y]