Sign in to follow this  
Dame to Blame

19 players left with maybe more to go here is the list of what is left.

We''ve lost...Darren Huckerby (released)Dion Dublin (retired)Juan Velasco (released)Alex Pearce (back to Reading)Mo Camara (back to Derby)Ryan Bertrand (back to Chelsea)Ched Evans (back to Manchester City)Ryan Jarvis (released)Rossi Jarvis (released)Matthew Halliday (released)Andrew Cave-Brown (released)Steven Arnold (released)Bally Smart (released)Patrick Bexfield (released) Players leftGoalkeepers1. David Marshall12. Matthew Gilks13. Declan Rudd Defenders2. Jon Otsemobor3. Adam Drury4. Jason Shackell27. Gary DohertyMidfielders7. Lee Croft11. Luke Chadwick16. Mark Fotheringham20. Darel Russell24. Matthew Pattison26. Robert Eagle28. Michael Spillane38. Damon LathropeForwards10. Jamie Cureton33. Kris Renton35. Chris Martin39. Luke Daley

If it was the day before the new season kicks off I would be concered, but it''s not. It''s May. There is an awful lot of time before the transfer window even opens, lets all worry about it come August.

[quote user="Jonny 5"]If it was the day before the new season kicks off I would be concered, but it''s not. It''s May.

There is an awful lot of time before the transfer window even opens, lets all worry about it come August.

[/quote]

True, but it does paint a graphic picture of what needs to be done.

I''ve yet to see any club go through a transition of that size and put in performances straight away. It''s going to take months if not a whole season before that much new blood even begins to bed in.

That may well be the case Jonny but i am struggling to see where all the money is coming from to replace the players we have released , and with more to follow i would say we are in our worse postion for many a year.And lets be honest can you see any player with an ounce of quailty coming here, i doubt it with so many better placed clubs ready for a push to get to the prem. IMO we are in the you know what after years of neglect by our useless board and it is now coming home to roost.

[quote user="Jonny 5"]If it was the day before the new season kicks off I would be concered, but it''s not. It''s May.

There is an awful lot of time before the transfer window even opens, lets all worry about it come August.

[/quote]

Spot on!

[quote user="barclayendboy"]We''ve lost...
Darren Huckerby (released)
Dion Dublin (retired)
Juan Velasco (released)
Alex Pearce (back to Reading)
Mo Camara (back to Derby)
Ryan Bertrand (back to Chelsea)
Ched Evans (back to Manchester City)
Ryan Jarvis (released)
Rossi Jarvis (released)
Matthew Halliday (released)
Andrew Cave-Brown (released)
Steven Arnold (released)
Bally Smart (released)
Patrick Bexfield (released)

Players left

Goalkeepers
1. David Marshall
12. Matthew Gilks
13. Declan Rudd

Defenders
2. Jon Otsemobor
3. Adam Drury
4. Jason Shackell
27. Gary Doherty

Midfielders
7. Lee Croft
11. Luke Chadwick
16. Mark Fotheringham
20. Darel Russell
24. Matthew Pattison
26. Robert Eagle
28. Michael Spillane
38. Damon Lathrope

Forwards
10. Jamie Cureton
33. Kris Renton
35. Chris Martin
39. Luke Daley

[/quote]

Mr Gilks transfer request is a mere matter of time.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="barclayendboy"]We''ve lost...
Darren Huckerby (released)
Dion Dublin (retired)
Juan Velasco (released)
Alex Pearce (back to Reading)
Mo Camara (back to Derby)
Ryan Bertrand (back to Chelsea)
Ched Evans (back to Manchester City)
Ryan Jarvis (released)
Rossi Jarvis (released)
Matthew Halliday (released)
Andrew Cave-Brown (released)
Steven Arnold (released)
Bally Smart (released)
Patrick Bexfield (released)

Players left

Goalkeepers
1. David Marshall
12. Matthew Gilks
13. Declan Rudd

Defenders
2. Jon Otsemobor
3. Adam Drury
4. Jason Shackell
27. Gary Doherty

Midfielders
7. Lee Croft
11. Luke Chadwick
16. Mark Fotheringham
20. Darel Russell
24. Matthew Pattison
26. Robert Eagle
28. Michael Spillane
38. Damon Lathrope

Forwards
10. Jamie Cureton
33. Kris Renton
35. Chris Martin
39. Luke Daley

[/quote]

Mr Gilks transfer request is a mere matter of time.

[/quote]

you prob know this but this how i see it

goalkeeping department - sorted

defence - if injury fine that not bad back 4, just need bit depth to it now with maybe one new addition to centre halves fighting for 1st team place

midfield - same midfield ended the season really, new left winger, quality midfielder and that sorted

strikers - 1 average striker, all rest i cant really comment on, but i would want to half decent strikers

who do i reckon maybe do job for you guys

defence - m.taylor

left wing - r.wallace

centre midfield - g.kavanagh

striker - bothroyd, vokes, eastwood, webber,

goalkeeping department - sorted

Sorted? Gilks is itching to leave. Sell Marshall and with the money invest in the priority areas of the pitch. I.e. up front.

defence - if injury fine that not bad back 4, just need bit depth to it now with maybe one new addition to centre halves fighting for 1st team place

What about cover for the left and right back positions? We need 2 new centre halves. Doc and Shack could then act as cover.

midfield - same midfield ended the season really, new left winger, quality midfielder and that sorted

Yep, new left winger without doubt. Would also like to see a quality play maker enter the fold. We havent seen any quality play making all season.

strikers - 1 average striker, all rest i cant really comment on, but i would want to half decent strikers

This is were I would like to see the bulk of whatever transfer budget we recieve spent. We need 2 new quality strikers. Cuerton didnt cut the mustard at all this season and I dont know what the crack is with Martin. Im hoping either Rigters and Evans can return next season on loan.

It may be irrelevant, but I think Simon Lappin still has a year left on his contract and so technically is still a City player. A left sided midfielder (but who was forced to play left back) and will looks like being shown the door (but who still scored one more goal than Crofty and from far fewer starts). And he has said he wants to come back from Motherwell. My own view is that Roeder should get Taylor asap and then find that all important play-making midfielder. Russell, Pattison and Fotheringham for all their running and effort are not creative enough.

We need a completely new defence if the loanees do not return, and a new strike force  without doubt ,now that little lot is going to cost a fair packet .

Slimming down the squad is sensible within limits. WBA''s squad this year was actually a lot smaller than ours. It''s the right thing to get rid of the Jarvis brothers and others of limited ability as they only eat into the wage budget. My philosophy has always been for a smaller squad of higher quality. When the inevitable injuries occur to key players, then it''s time to bring in quality loan players.

1st Priority must be a proven striker with height. Midgets like Cureton, Earnshaw etc cannot do it in the Chumpionship on their own as the main man.

2nd Priority a good CB such as Tiny

3rd Priority Quality Left Back / Right Back

I guess that''s about M£5 spent. With 2 or 3 up and coming loanees such as Bertrand & Gibbs on top we could still make a top 6 side.