Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Simpl question.......

[quote user="cityangel"]

Thats the problem though Wings, investors don''t just come along, you have to do what Ipswich did and go out and find one.

Whilst Delia is reluctant to hand over the reins we''re stuck as we are!

[/quote]

I see your point, CityAngel; but equally how do we know they''re not looking? They did, after all, bring the Turners in. For all we know, the Turners may well be investing their cash as we speak!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Thats the problem though Wings, investors don''t just come along, you have to do what Ipswich did and go out and find one.

Whilst Delia is reluctant to hand over the reins we''re stuck as we are!

[/quote]

I see your point, CityAngel; but equally how do we know they''re not looking? They did, after all, bring the Turners in. For all we know, the Turners may well be investing their cash as we speak!

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="archer4721"]

We are alot closer than most people think from going into administration. Its still a VERY real possibility. We are in dark times, believe me.

[/quote]

Glad you said that, I''ve suspected it too.  The club borrowed money to speculate in land, which has cost us more money in terms of building access roads, drawing up plans and applying for planning permission, etc.  If we couldn''t sell it during the property boom it sure as hell ain''t going to happen now.  Problem is that the loan we took out to buy the land has to be paid back in full in 2008.  Restructuring the debt yet again is not going to be easy in the present climate.  Where''s the money going to come from?

I don''t really buy the "arse end of nowhere" line because the plus side is lack of competition for fanbase and let''s face it we''re only 110 miles from London.  There ARE investors keeping an eye on Championship clubs, including ours.  If you''re correct about the possibility of administration, potential investors will realise that too.  They''ll want to buy the club at the lowest possible price.  If they hang on till we''re on the point of going into admin they could get it for a song. 

[/quote]

I meant to add:  whatever it means to us, the departure of Hucks will signal just one thing to potential investors:  We''re skint.  And at the end of the day, it may actually be that simple.  We let him go because we''re skint.

Now if I had said this, and started this thread, all hell would have broken out by now, it just prove there''s some right thick sods on here who''ll go rabid just at the sight of a particular avatar image!.

For what little its worth Arthur,, the board are a damn disgrace. The latest cockup over Hucks being one prime example. They have failed at every level and should resign and sell out.

Think Stoke with half our attendences and minus the parachute payments.

What does that prove Arthur?  Nothing

The season we got we won the title we came from nowhere.

We clearly need a massive change of personnel on the Playing side. But recruiting new people on the Board with knowledge, skills, commitment, and who have our interests at heart (plus some cash); now that''s a different matter. I would welcome suggestions. Names please! There is no point being anti-Board unless you have alternative names and a plan. Of course you could subscribe to the view that some wealthy benefactor will mysteriously appear and save our Club. Personally I am sure that I want to be transformed overnight into a ''successful'' Club JUST because we got rich. Seems to me football is all about battling against constaints, adversity and gradually building for the future (bit like life) .   

Baldyboy do you think everybody from Suffolk who supports NCFC should trundle on off like you want Delia to? That''d be quarter of the support lost then.

Good old Delia! A million times better than Robert Chase.

[quote user="corbs"]We clearly need a massive change of personnel on the Playing side. But recruiting new people on the Board with knowledge, skills, commitment, and who have our interests at heart (plus some cash); now that''s a different matter. I would welcome suggestions. Names please! There is no point being anti-Board unless you have alternative names and a plan. Of course you could subscribe to the view that some wealthy benefactor will mysteriously appear and save our Club. Personally I am sure that I want to be transformed overnight into a ''successful'' Club JUST because we got rich. Seems to me football is all about battling against constaints, adversity and gradually building for the future (bit like life) .   [/quote]

There''s no mystery Corbs.  In recent years Championship clubs have entered the radar field of potential investors in a big way.  As pointed out elsewhere, our overconcentration on infrastructure has made us too asset-rich to be an attractive proposition.  Perish the thought that anyone in the boardroom at CR planned it that way . . .

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Hardly CA

When did you last see a rotting corpse go out and find a vulture.

[quote user="mickfoot"]

Baldyboy do you think everybody from Suffolk who supports NCFC should trundle on off like you want Delia to? That''d be quarter of the support lost then.

Good old Delia! A million times better than Robert Chase.

[/quote]

Delia may be better than chase or maybe not,you could argue many pro''s and cons about them both but i do know one thing about the state of the team. IT WAS A HELL OF A LOT BETTER UNDER CHASE, and i''m sorry mick, i dont go to football to happy clap a celebrity chef.