Sign in to follow this  
National express super guard

ignorant question, where do away coaches leave from?

been a long while since went to away game by coach (crystal palace 3 years back!) and just wondered where the coaches go from for away games now. the old place is a block of flats now!!!!! can''t afford to drive up to sheffield, plus I''m avoiding the in laws in chesterfield, so it''ll be the coach for me on sunday!!!!!!! apologies for me ignorance, if I didn''t have it I''d be a depressed city fan!!!!

I thought that the away coaches leave from the visitors dug-out, they may depart with the substitutes, kit-man, physio, and any other limpet/hanger on - that wishes to sit/stand near the touchline during the game......

And, if I may be serious......''What Gazza said''.....But, you may prefer to actually call it, ''The Jarrold''....

Just a word of advice, (if unfortunately travelling on ''Carra Club Cabbage'')......Don''t dare sit in  "Regular Ron''s, Dependable Doris''s, Topfan Tarquin''s, Charismatic Ken''s, Ruddy Faced Fred''s, Sweet eatin'' Sue''s, Blown vein Bob''s, Knitting ''n'' nattering Kate''s or Consistent coughin'' Colin''s usual (reserved) seats"......As you''ll be visually and verbally battered, with a barrage of ''Tut, tut, tuttin'' - and the penetrating piercing serious stares from the multitude of "Wheeze ragulah travallin farns.....Woz ''e durn orn ''ere?....Durnt ''e noow thar hiz toipes alwuz travalz hon tharm caddle trux hat thar bark?".... (without toilet or refreshments - or guess the score competition''s and steered by a seriously myopic PSV licence holder - with absolutely no directional sense at the helm).....

And, if you forget to tip the ''Droiver'' on your eventual return to Carra......You may very well  find, that you will be assisted down the bus exit stairs - by an angry Rhino type ''grunt'', from a greasy and swarthy ''Elvis lookey likey Droiver''s - size eleven 60''s retro very pointy ''winkle-picker boot'' rammed 5 centimetres up yer jacksy.....You certainly won''t forget to tip the next time you travel....

Enjoy the experience.....      

ou club cabbage is great if you want to know what angle the shot was missed at, or how many times doherty snezzes during a game, all the irrelivent facts to help you get to sleep, via a shotgun of course.

and here in lies the reason I normally go by car, but as the in laws live up that way I have excuse not to visit coz going by coach!!!! I love the regular canary coach lot, they are all knowing you know. I love them so much thats why not been on coach for 3 years!!!!cheers all, figured it''d be by new car park, but wife''ll be with me and I don''t want me not knowing where I''m going to be the start of a long trip!!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I thought that the away coaches leave from the visitors dug-out, they may depart with the substitutes, kit-man, physio, and any other limpet/hanger on - that wishes to sit/stand near the touchline during the game......

And, if I may be serious......''What Gazza said''.....But, you may prefer to actually call it, ''The Jarrold''....

Just a word of advice, (if unfortunately travelling on ''Carra Club Cabbage'')......Don''t dare sit in  "Regular Ron''s, Dependable Doris''s, Topfan Tarquin''s, Charismatic Ken''s, Ruddy Faced Fred''s, Sweet eatin'' Sue''s, Blown vein Bob''s, Knitting ''n'' nattering Kate''s or Consistent coughin'' Colin''s usual (reserved) seats"......As you''ll be visually and verbally battered, with a barrage of ''Tut, tut, tuttin'' - and the penetrating piercing serious stares from the multitude of "Wheeze ragulah travallin farns.....Woz ''e durn orn ''ere?....Durnt ''e noow thar hiz toipes alwuz travalz hon tharm caddle trux hat thar bark?".... (without toilet or refreshments - or guess the score competition''s and steered by a seriously myopic PSV licence holder - with absolutely no directional sense at the helm).....

And, if you forget to tip the ''Droiver'' on your eventual return to Carra......You may very well  find, that you will be assisted down the bus exit stairs - by an angry Rhino type ''grunt'', from a greasy and swarthy ''Elvis lookey likey Droiver''s - size eleven 60''s retro very pointy ''winkle-picker boot'' rammed 5 centimetres up yer jacksy.....You certainly won''t forget to tip the next time you travel....

Enjoy the experience.....      

[/quote]

Brilliant Mello!

the walk from sheffield where coaches park to the ground is good 15mins walk by the way

yea similar distance, they park you near a pub and mcd''s drive through! no toruble around there as plenty police, but away supporters gather in pub after to give you a rather nice send off as you drive past lol!

should be good game for you lot, think you''ll win with the emotion in the game good luck and give dion good send off

This will be my first time, maybe second of using the canary coaches. So could someone please tell me the ideal time to get there, to get two seats together etc; considering they depart at 8.30?

Coaches are picking up from outside the canary store on sunday,according to the ticket office the coaches are arriving in batches of 10 starting at 7.45am.