Sign in to follow this  
JayZ

Norwich v Ipswich stats

[quote user="keatesy"]

Quote:

I notice he has also conveniently ignored the post outlining our superior performance in the Prem in every respect. Come on JayZ (and Sam, you disgrace[;)]) how many times have Town finished in the top three of the Premiership? I can''t hear you..... speak up! [:)]

[/quote]

Thanks keatesy for referring to my post about respective Premiership records that clearly demonstrate our superior performance over the last 15 years in the highest test of quality football, excluding of course that much cherished prize of the Texaco Cup - I think we put out our 3rd team for that particular tournament while we were concentrating on beating Bayern Munic away - still the only British club to do them on their own patch.

I''m glad that someone managed to comment on my post but it''s a pity it wasn''t our friend JayZ who is so blinkered I think he must be a racehorse - no sorry, make that a donkey.

To sum up the majority of posts...... Ipshit fans go find somewhere else to play. The A12 might be a good start.

How about these facts:-

Been in administration-   Ipswich 1 Norwich 0.

Payment of private creditors- Ipswich 5p in the pound, Norwich 100p in the pound.

Stats of which ITFC fans can be truly proud [;)]

I must agree with JayZ (funny name as most of the posting are more appear to be Jiz)

Anyway, a few more thoughts on City''s excellent home attendances;

* different prices for various categories of match

* cheaper tickets in some cases

* lots of offers and special promotions to fill seats against unattractive opposition

* season ticket payments over 12 months (good for fans but poor for the club as they really need the money up front)

* huge catechment area, Norwich has a slightly larger population than Ipswich while Norfolk has a much bigger population than Suffolk then add to that Waveney and the population is around a million.

* nearest other clubs are P''boro (hardly counts), Cambrige (don''t count) and Ipswich (now don''t let me put words in your mouth)

* and finally the stay away Town fans don''t appreciate what they are missing, but Wigan, Blackburn, Fulham, Pompey, Reading, Birmingham, Middlesborough etc would be pushed to get 27,000 HOME supporters in for a match against Norwich!

BTW have you seen this site http://www.fansfocus.com/football/championship/-attendances.php?comp=2&type=1 it shows that Norwich as well as having the 2nd highest HOME average attendance in the Championship have the 2nd lowest AWAY attendances, which sort of says that they are either not very attractive to watch or City don''t take enough away from home - sowhich is it?

[quote user="ElmerFudd"]

I must agree with JayZ (funny name as most of the posting are more appear to be Jiz)

Anyway, a few more thoughts on City''s excellent home attendances;

* different prices for various categories of match

* cheaper tickets in some cases

* lots of offers and special promotions to fill seats against unattractive opposition

* season ticket payments over 12 months (good for fans but poor for the club as they really need the money up front)

* huge catechment area, Norwich has a slightly larger population than Ipswich while Norfolk has a much bigger population than Suffolk then add to that Waveney and the population is around a million.

* nearest other clubs are P''boro (hardly counts), Cambrige (don''t count) and Ipswich (now don''t let me put words in your mouth)

* and finally the stay away Town fans don''t appreciate what they are missing, but Wigan, Blackburn, Fulham, Pompey, Reading, Birmingham, Middlesborough etc would be pushed to get 27,000 HOME supporters in for a match against Norwich!

BTW have you seen this site http://www.fansfocus.com/football/championship/-attendances.php?comp=2&type=1 it shows that Norwich as well as having the 2nd highest HOME average attendance in the Championship have the 2nd lowest AWAY attendances, which sort of says that they are either not very attractive to watch or City don''t take enough away from home - sowhich is it?

[/quote]Three points here:- Blackpool are second in that awy attendance league so I''m not sure it can say much for the attractiveness of Norwich. would like to see one were the actual away following was listed. we''d put you lot to shame. Secondly ignore the fact the game was against Norwich it was a local derby. I''m sure Birmingham sell out when they play Villa. And Pompey''s ground only holds 19000 so the couldn''t very easily get 27000 in could they? And Wigan never get 27000 for any game, even Man Utd. You, sir, are a muppet. Face facts... we are a better supported team than you. Deal with it. It''s indisputable. See you in the championship next year.

I liked the we were the manchester united of our day quote from JayZ best.  That tickled me a lot....

Good old binners.  Not the brightest are they.  Gloating is really very pathetic, and then wheeling out all your past glories to try and rub it in more, even tackier.

I agree the Balckpool thing does look very strange, but why should their averages for away attendances be any more right or wrong than their home ones.

As for Town''s away support, you can see it listed in Sunday''s program, and in almost every case we took more away than the opposition brought to Town, this may not be the case with Norwich as both usually fill the allocation offered. Perhaps one day City will rebuild the chicken-run and increase the capacity, but as they did with the corner of the ground, selling to a motel took preference over the supporters. Of course Delia and Co are now daft they saw at close hand what building new stands did to Town''s bank balance so don''t expect to see a proper stand untill you have been in the Premiership for at least 5 consecutive seasons. However, to make it look have decent City should do what Blackburn have done and put the TV cameras on top of the shed so the rest of the ground at least looks top quality.

I would then expect around 2,000 to be at Wolves and 1,000 at Preston if we loose at Wolves or 3,500 if we win. As you have access to City''s figures it would be interesting to know the average travelling support for both clubs, I would guess it will be pretty close. However, given the isolation of Norfolk and the county''s pathetic road system your away support is better than several other clubs of your calibre.

I do face facts, City currently get bigger home support than Town, and I attempted to give some reasons for that, however there are a couple more obvious ones;

* you have been in the Premiership more recently than us

* each year when you change managers (won''t be too long before the revolving door policy kicks in again) there is a big hope you will get back there and as the ground is small no one wants to miss out, so buys a cheap season ticket - perfectly understandable, and good marketing.

Now the parachute money has gone, you have nothing coming through your youth or reserves 9sold your best prospect to P''boro for a song) , you have aged players who will be put out to grass, and having to pay wages for 5, 6, 7 loan players, things may not be so rosie (if they think they are now) next year.

Sunday''s home crowd showed that Town''s fan base is still there, we expect a few from north Essex to return now that col u have returned to their true place in the football league system and as their season tickets are higher than Towns next year! So IF town were to win the play-offs I have little doubt that these sunshine supporters would return as they did on Sunday to fill the ground. Next season whatever league we are in the under 11''s season ticket for a tenner is good long term marketing, so perhaps Mr Evans and Co are finally seeing that a full ground is a good idea, even if currently Town''s income from home attendances is above Nobich''s

As for "muppet", looking at your league position, things haven''t changed too much since your breathren made this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k779dRtC2g clip about life at Carrot Ruud.

[quote user="ElmerFudd"]

As for "muppet", looking at your league position, things haven''t changed too much since your breathren made this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k779dRtC2g clip about life at Carrot Ruud.

[/quote]I''ll enjoy looking at your position at the end of the season, as I said before see you next yearP.S. I know we''ve had a shit season, and I would be quite happy to apply the term muppet to a lot of our playing staff/management/board.  Still at least we don''t have to rely on immoral scum to make sure we don''t go under!.