Sign in to follow this  
Taxing

No disrespect intended but...................

Well said Houston and Mr C!I really don''t understand what this person hopes to achieve by coming on here and telling people he finds them sad - or the fact that they post on here too much for his liking sad, before he start splitting hairs! Why are you here HaB? Why start this post and then go all "it wasn''t me gov, i''m not here to offend!"  What are you here for? Are you even a Norwich fan? Do you want to talk about Norwich? Or Ipswich maybe?

[quote user="Hardly any backlift"]

..............  I get the impression most of you have nothing better to do than spend all day on here which I find a little sad. Don''t you have jobs to do, hobbies, allotments or are you too old and too tired to bother ?

[/quote]

Evidently you must read rather slowly and have trouble typing. Nuff said. 

OTBC

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

What do "Hardly any backlift" and Norwich City under Peter Grant have in common?

No offence intended.

[/quote]

all we need now is a poster named "good follow through" or "the keepers come to early"... the purile humour could last for days.

jas :)

I know I''ve seen the word ''purile'' before but am not sure what it means.  I looked in 2 different dictionaries, and it is not there, so I presume it is slang, but slang for what?

Based on the quality of my joke, I guess it must mean ''superior'' or ''outstandingly funny'', but I could be wrong.  Somebody please enlighten me.

I know I''ve seen the word ''purile'' before but am not sure what it means.  I looked in 2 different dictionaries, and it is not there, so I presume it is slang, but slang for what?

Based on the quality of my joke, I guess it must mean ''superior'' or ''outstandingly funny'', but I could be wrong.  Somebody please enlighten me.

[/quote]

You couldn''t find it in the dictionary HC as there''s another ''e ''  in there somewhere to make '' puerile ''. It means childish. 

Thanks for the information, "....and Smith must score".  I feel much better learning a new word''s spelling and meaning.  It is always important to improve one''s self, and participating in this debate has helped....... hey wait a minute!  I''ve been insulted!  Why, I oughtta!

[/quote]

It''s what you get when you put lots of fruit into a blender.