Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

has Pattisons Drink Driving case split the dressing room?

Read Fozzys article on "no partying" here

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED02%20Apr%202008%2008%3A12%3A34%3A283

Yesterday a story on pinkun.com mentioned how someone at the club said "the rest of the players shouldnt be punished for what 1 has done" now we dont know who it was.... it could of been a player, a coach.. the tea lady for all we know... If it was a player then does this create an "us and them" Atmosphere in the dressing room for those who like to party and those who knuckle down and stay home?

what next for Pattison? if this is the case have we seen the last of him in a city shirt.. as a split dressing room will lead to Roeder having to get rid of the root of the problem to restore harmony?

will those players who like a night out now resent those who dont who have spoken up?

jas :)

He speaks a lot of sense in that article, sounds very level headed and intelligent for a football player, how refreshing.

I think you''re reading too much into the comments of ''a club source''. Presume this was the story you were talking about from yesterday.

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED01%20Apr%202008%2009%3A52%3A12%3A043

"A ''club source'' is reported to have said: “It''s not really fair that the rest of the players are being punished for something they had nothing to do with.”

Personally any player who finds it a hardship to abstain from going out on the lash during such an important time for our club can bugger off as far as I''m concerned.

Why would the dressing room be split?  It''s not THAT big of a deal.  Nobody got hurt.  Who didn''t have a few pops whent they were in their early twenties?  Al this moral indignity is so pathetic and hypocritical.  He has accepted responsibility and been punished, so move on. 

All the statistics and "he could haves" don''t mean a thing, because he didn''t crash into anyone or anything.  Lucky for him, but it''s over.

Good article, but probably in reply to some appropriately placed questions by the reporter, but split the dressing room?  Think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill personally. [:)]

Fotheringham is quoted as saying as saying this is not the time for the players to be going out, and if anyone steps out of line they will get hammered. I bet a few of the boys are having a smile or two at the choice of words. 

Sorry Jas, but I think you''re reading too much into this one... The quote about a club source saying "the rest of the players shouldn''t be punished for what one has done" was taken directly from... a Tabloid! I forget which published the story (probably the Sun) but such a quote is to be taken with a massive pinch of salt.Fozzy''s comments suggest no division of any sort within the dressing room, you''ve got this one from nowhere methinks... been taking lessons on thread-starting from Bly?? [:P]

Were you at the Col U game Jas? Didn''t look like there was disharmony there when Pattison was substituted...in fact almost every player when up to him to shake his hand. Talking rubbish again aren''t you?

" It''s not THAT big of a deal" ...what the hell are you on houston? anyone who is over twice the drink drive limit is a big deal especially someone who is in a priveliged position such as pattison. i lost my father to a drunk driver when i was 8, 25 years ago, and the other driver no doubt had the same attitude as you so still think its not a big deal. i just wish that some people on here had a brain!!!!!!

Way to go, matt crowhurst.  Pick and choose the few words you WANT to read so you can go away offended and feeling victimized.  Did Pattison crash?  NO.  So this time it was no big deal.  As I stated, but you likely missed because your eyes were clouded with tears, he was fortunate.  Don''t cry at me with the "what ifs" because "what if" did not happen.  He has been appropriately punished, so let it go.

As for you father, I support the death penalty for the jackwad that killed him, so I hope that makes you feel better. Pattison didn''t kill anyone. We can''t punish him for what might have happened.  This is not "Minority Report," and I am not the guy played by Tom Cruise (nee Mapother).

[quote user="yella_fella"]Were you at the Col U game Jas? Didn''t look like there was disharmony there when Pattison was substituted...in fact almost every player when up to him to shake his hand. Talking rubbish again aren''t you?[/quote]

hardly.. just stating what 2 seperate articles mentioned then raised questions regarding them for people to answer...

where in that thread have i said "It HAS split the dressing room" find it for me and i''ll give you a peanut before the Burnely game for being observent...

If not i''ll give u some loo roll as your the one with the Verbal Crap my friend.

as for me talking rubbish i find someone with only 6 posts who seldom posts on here ill judged to make such assertions of others... going to disapear back into the mists for god knows how long again now eh?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

what next for Pattison? if this is the case have we seen the last of him in a city shirt.. as a split dressing room will lead to Roeder having to get rid of the root of the problem to restore harmony?

will those players who like a night out now resent those who dont who have spoken up?

[/quote]

If that''s not the underlying message in your post then I''m as thick as you spout rubbish....

For your info, I''ve had to re-register as I lost my old log-on details. Get your facts right young man!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

If it was a player then does this create an "us and them" Atmosphere in the dressing room for those who like to party and those who knuckle down and stay home?

[/quote]

Fotheringham the club captain says "“We''ve got a lot of good professionals at the club. A lad like Darren Huckerby never takes a day off never mind going for a night out. We have good characters here. To be honest with you as club captain I don''t even think about those things."

So on the one hand there is the club captain, the fan''s favourite (Huckerby for those who forget!), the manager (if it is true Roeder has imposed a ban), Cureton (who has come out with statements recently about helping youngsters learn from his mistakes), and no doubt senior pros like Dublin..

and on the other? I doubt Pattison is going out much at the moment.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Why would the dressing room be split?  It''s not THAT big of a deal.  Nobody got hurt.  Who didn''t have a few pops whent they were in their early twenties?  Al this moral indignity is so pathetic and hypocritical.  He has accepted responsibility and been punished, so move on. 

All the statistics and "he could haves" don''t mean a thing, because he didn''t crash into anyone or anything.  Lucky for him, but it''s over.

[/quote]

Try telling that to someone who''s lost a relative or friend as the result of drink-driving.

What a crass, stupid and insensitive comment.

thanks linkNR9 was beginning to think i had it wrong after houstons response to my post above but after reading yours i realise i was correct in my thinking. guess we shouldnt expect anything less from someone from houston!!!!

think it would be appropriate to say "houston we have a problem...you"

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]

thanks linkNR9 was beginning to think i had it wrong after houstons response to my post above but after reading yours i realise i was correct in my thinking. guess we shouldnt expect anything less from someone from houston!!!!

think it would be appropriate to say "houston we have a problem...you"

[/quote]Why is it okay to be anti-American, but not okay to support the club''s stance on Pattison?Anti-Americanism has most certainly led to larger losses of life over the years.  Hell, I have an American friend who''s parents were actually in the country at the time of the 9/11 tragedy.  I mean, can you imagine how they must have felt? And have you thought of the children?? For the love of God, won''t someone please think of the children!

evil monkey, im not anti-american at all, i have relations who live there. i was just trying to say that houston had a problem thinking drink driving was not a big deal.

does houston think of the children when he says that drink driving is not a big deal. the bloke who killed my dad whilst behind the wheel drunk certainly wasnt thinking about ''the children''.

i cant see why houston thinks its not a big deal just because pattison didnt kill or injure or crash into anyone/thing. to me the big deal is that pattison got behind the wheel in the first place whilst obviously drunk. i personally think that pattison should have been suspended for a couple of games to set an example to the rest of the community but apart from that and the way he got treated like some sort of god after the colchester game by players and supporters alike, i think the club have done everything right concerning this issue and as always i will continue to support all NCFC players in football matters but i cant support pattison for this

OTBC

Try telling that to someone who''s lost a relative or friend as the result of drink-driving.

What a crass, stupid and insensitive comment - LinkNR9

Way to ignore the caveats to my comment, Link.  Or should I refer to you as "missing Link" since you seem to be unable to think beyond the drama that NEVER HAPPENED. Exactly who lost a relative or friend to Pattison''s offense? You want to be offended, so you''re offended.  Dimes to dollars you''re a politically correct zealot.  Worry about the FACTS of the case, not the "what ifs" and life will so much easier to enjoy.

matt crowhurst, you are such a victim wannabe that you completely missed the humor in evil monkey''s post.  That whole thing of "what about the children" is a parody of a whiny, politically correct, over-reacting spineless cry baby as done on The Simpson''s.

I did not say drunk driving (or ''drink driving'' as you guys call it) was not a bad thing.  But Pattison has been processed and punished for it, and nobody was hurt.  Lucky for him and anyone who might have gotten in his way, but it is nothing more than pointless victimization to cry about something that didn''t happen. Once again, the guy that killed your father deserves the death penalty.  There was a victim in that event. Pattison deserves to lose his license for a while and be publicly humiliated, which has happened. So what is the big deal? Something that didn''t happen?

Let''s drop this and get upset about other things that didn''t happen. 

matt crowhurst, you are such a victim wannabe that you completely missed the humor in evil monkey''s post.  That whole thing of "what about the children" is a parody of a whiny, politically correct, over-reacting spineless cry baby as done on The Simpson''s.

houston i have never watched the simpsons as it doesnt appeal to me so that is why i missed the humour not because i am a "victim wannabe" whatever that is meant to be?????

I did not say drunk driving (or ''drink driving'' as you guys call it) was not a bad thing.  But Pattison has been processed and punished for it, and nobody was hurt.  Lucky for him and anyone who might have gotten in his way, but it is nothing more than pointless victimization to cry about something that didn''t happen.

you did however say that pattisons case "was not a big deal" which it might not be in the states but over here it is a big thing regardless of what happened whilst driving but i am not nor have i ever victimised pattison over this. he made a mistake, got away lightly, in my opinion, and you move on. my point was that he shouldnt have been treated as some sort of hero against colchester by players and fans

Once again, the guy that killed your father deserves the death penalty.  for the record the guy who killed my dad got 2 months inside and lost his licence for two years There was a victim in that event. Pattison deserves to lose his license for a while and be publicly humiliated, which has happened. So what is the big deal? he got off lightly and was treated as a hero

Let''s drop this and get upset about other things that didn''t happen.  totally agree its time to move on from this, houston its over and out

[/quote]

blimey, I haven''t been reading this thread for a day or two and now it''s gone all anti-septic, haha!

By ''victim wannabe'' I mean people who are just looking for any reason to be offended or upset.  Think of it in terms of schools recognizing Christmas, or not being allowed to any more because some people, especially Muslims, might feel left out or offended.  That is political correctness thinking.  The VAST majority of Muslims think Christmas lights and activites are a welcome change to the normal routine, but the few liberal-minded folk who have no clue about reality demand all signs of Christmas be removed from public places lest they offend someone.  Years ago, the politically correct generals demanded Speedy Gonzales be removed from the Looney Tunes line up because it might offend illegal immigrants and Hispanic-American families.  After a few years later, the Hispanic groups start speaking up about how the TV stations are racist because they never show Speedy Gonzales. The TV stations explained that they were warned off because the cartoon might offend Latinos.  The Latinos all said how much they loved Speedy.  Within a day or 2, Speedy was back on, much to the delight of the "they MIGHT be offended" Latinos.

YOu don''t need to watch The Simpson''s to realize evil monkey was kidding. I was just giving the source of it.  Read it again, and you should be able to tell it is a mockery.   If you can''t, then you have no soul.

In the bigger scheme of things, Pattison''s case is not a big deal because nobody got hurt. That his teammates have forgiven him is not a bad thing if you are an NCFC fan and someone with human feelings. he screwed up, but we won''t hold it against him forever, especially since NOBODY WAS HURT.   That is what makes it no big deal in the grand scheme.

I am glad you agree we should now find something else that didn''t happen to get upset about. Cheers, matt! 

houston....im definitely not a "victim wannabe", i dont get offended or upset over anything apart from drink drivers, oh and norwichs performances at times!!!!! i think i am entirely justified to have an opinion on this matter given the past.

also im not saying that the players forgiving pattison is a bad thing just that they shouldnt have made such a big deal out of it, their support, of whch im sure pattison is grateful, should be shown behind closed doors.

so are you now accusing me of not having feelings or of not being a NCFC fan?

we will have to agree to disagree on it not being a big deal though because, as i said earlier, somebody doesnt have to get hurt to make it a big deal and pattison drinking and driving is a big deal, the same as if joe bloggs had done the same thing. 

"I am glad you agree we should now find something else that didn''t happen to get upset about" . dont quite understand this comment as it did happen, he did drink drive and he was convicted so how can you say it didnt happen? cheers, houston

"i am justified...given the past"  that is EXACTLY what I mean by you being a victim wannabe.

Players publicly patting Pattison pleasantly perhaps pleases proud people. Enough aliteration, but it was nothing more than a public display of unity, not heroism.  The fans want to see the team struggling for survival to be united (or City - ha ha) not divided.

I am accusing you of being inhuman since you seem to have no emotions other than resentment, anger, hatred, and so on. Obviously, you are and NCFC fan; no doubt there. 

We obvioiusly will disagree on this matter.  Now it''s just a question of who gets the last word. Comparing Pattison to Joe Bloggs doesn''t work. Joe Bloggs is not a public figure so has far less to worry about when charged with a crime.  There won''t be media at the courthouse when he comes out. Pattison is not just a player, he is a marketable commodity, so the publicity for this crushes a potential revenue source for him and his family, unless Labatts or Budweisser uses him for some sort of ironic ad campaign.

You have twice acknowledged my closing comment about commenting on other things that have not happened. You know it is a clear reference to nothing bad happening while Pattison went for a spin, but to try to save face, you change the subject at hand to something that has already been covered. Didn''t fool me or any of the other readers and participants here.   Nobody was hurt, so nothing happened. He was lucky for that, yes, but the fact is nothing happened. Or nothing BAD happened. How''s that? Do I need to be completely literal to make my point?

What a strange thread.Houston C, though perpetually moaning about what might have happened isn''t particularly healthy, the fact is that some laws exist to dissaude people from doing things because eventually those thing DO happen.Should someone get a similar sentance for attempting to murder someone whether they were successful or not, for carrying a bomb on a plane that doesn''t go off because they''re too inept? I''d say yes. by the way, i think you''ll find that "think of the little kiddies" and such like are parodies of the kind of phrases that right wing press use, not the politically correct. If you really knew anything about the background to political correctness you''d realise that it''s all about giving EVERYONE the liberty that right wingers claim it takes away. All it tries to take away is the freedom for overt and institutionalised racism and sexism from those that hold the most power in society. ie. WASPs

What are you on, SPat?  Political Correctness is a function of the right?  Ha ha ha, good one!  Your closing comments sums it up exactly though.  Free speech EXCEPT for them majority.  Why should I not have the same rights to say things that some peon does just because I''m in the majority that built this country and made it the great place it is, the shining beacon to the world, attracting people from lesser places because nobody from there is willing or able to get it right?  If anything, guys like me should have more rights, so we can let the people from the dumps know how it''s done.  Keeping silent while they try to bring their unsuccesful ways to us is asinine.

''What about the children'' is absolutuely making fun of the bleeding hearts who see danger at every turn. How you twist that into a right wing things is beyond me. The right wing does not use these tactics, the left does. Once again, trying to play on emotions instead of substance.

The only way you can give someone a similar sentence for failing at a crime to if they had succeeded is to be able to read their minds, something the left wing wants the courts to do with all this ridiculous ''hate crime'' legislation.  For all you know, the person didn''t REALLY want to hurt anyone, just scare them.

Anything else you need educatin'' on, SPat?

''What about the children'' is absolutuely making fun of the bleeding hearts who see danger at every turn. How you twist that into a right wing things is beyond me. The right wing does not use these tactics, the left does. Once again, trying to play on emotions instead of substance.

[/quote]

Wasn''t it Maude Flanders who had the catchphrase "Won''t somebody please think of the children"? I''m fairly certain that her character was a parody of those members of the Christian right in America who think that listening to certain music might turn their children gay or that violent TV programmes will turn them into murderers.

What are you on, SPat?  Political Correctness is a function of the right?  Ha ha ha, good one! 

[/quote]

Anyone would think you were being deliberately stupid. Try reading my post again