Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

Colchester Match Worn Shirts!!!!!

Is any one bidding on the Col U shirts from saturday on ebay?http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZnorwichcity1902Im winning most of them at the minute, but i''ve got a feeling that will change Confused [8-)]

all ebay action happens in the last few seconds of an auction, the price with 9 days left is rather irrelevant. when i was an avid ebayer i used to use a service called snipeswipe to do the bidding for me, i suggest you give it a try: http://www.snipeswipe.com/

the shirts are certainly very popular and bidding is a bit frenzied at the moment - like someone said its a bit silly outbidding each other with 10days left. if people had waited til the last few mins they could''ve saved a lot of money (but i guess that''s bad for the academy)

certainly surprised to see so much money put on the table so early on

What does someone do with a used shirt boo ah?  The new one I got was inexpensive and they mailed it to me in Canada.  Or is the used shirt somehow a momento or something?  (Sounds kind of gross...it is written)

Yes, it is a mommento. All the shirts are only being worn once by the players, and for the Cureton shirt for example, it is the shirt he scored his first NCFC hat trick in. They''d be great to keep and to show off. Also, all the money  is going to the club''s academy so that another reason to bid. Boo ah and all that...........

I wondered why they looked different from afar on the TV.  Thanks for the alert - there may be a few late bids going in after all!

[quote user="shefcanary"]I wondered why they looked different from afar on the TV.  Thanks for the alert - there may be a few late bids going in after all![/quote]

ah but is it all season ticket holders names or just those who bought that wierd special addition shirt before xmas?

[quote user="San Miguel"]

[quote user="shefcanary"]I wondered why they looked different from afar on the TV.  Thanks for the alert - there may be a few late bids going in after all![/quote]

ah but is it all season ticket holders names or just those who bought that wierd special addition shirt before xmas?

[/quote]

Only those that bought the shirt - which was very few - hence why names appear on there several times along with City legends such as J Brellier...

Actually - call me a cynic but with this they are only selling yellow shirts, not Marshall''s goalie shirt

this was the game where Gilks was not on the bench and we had no reserve keeper and I can''t help thinking they did that to ensure there were 15 shirts for sale (ie. 10 starters, 5 subs) and not 14

but risky just for a couple of hundred quid - what if Marshall was sent off or injured? Shackell i guess is the answer

[quote user="San Miguel"]

Actually - call me a cynic but with this they are only selling yellow shirts, not Marshall''s goalie shirt

this was the game where Gilks was not on the bench and we had no reserve keeper and I can''t help thinking they did that to ensure there were 15 shirts for sale (ie. 10 starters, 5 subs) and not 14

but risky just for a couple of hundred quid - what if Marshall was sent off or injured? Shackell i guess is the answer[/quote]

I like your theory. Probably not far wrong either!