Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Roeder's picked Gibbs and dropped Croft!!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]What is he thinking!!!?[/quote]

That Croft is crap?

[/quote]And Gibbs is better??? Shurely shome mishtake?

[quote user="colneycanary"]Why not? What has croft done lately? Nothing from what i''ve seen!![/quote]I''ll grant you his delivery could be better, and as Hucks said he can''t buy a goal, but he gives us some momentum and scares the opposition when he runs at them. Now you tell me what Gibbs does for us hmm?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]What is he thinking!!!?
[/quote]

That Croft is crap?

[/quote]

And Gibbs is better??? Shurely shome mishtake?
[/quote]

Well, you''ve got me on that one!

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="colneycanary"]Why not? What has croft done lately? Nothing from what i''ve seen!![/quote]

I''ll grant you his delivery could be better, and as Hucks said he can''t buy a goal, but he gives us some momentum and scares the opposition when he runs at them. Now you tell me what Gibbs does for us hmm?
[/quote] As you should know by now Roeder only ever starts with one winger and never starts with two wingers. As Huckerby is starting, this will mean he will play a holding midfielder on the right. This is why Croft is on the bench.

doesn''t look to be our strongest line-up or best use of players.  gibbs is a centre mid, and hucks a left winger.  we''re in the doggy doo, we should be keeping it simple and using common sense.  i hope we can get a draw at least, cos if we fold, it won''t do the players any confidence at all, especially after a reasonable display against stoke. 

[quote user="bunny"]I''m putting my house on Gibbs to score the first goal......[/quote]

Can one do that with a council house?  [;)]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="shyster"]

[quote user="bunny"]I''m putting my house on Gibbs to score the first goal......[/quote]

Can one do that with a council house?  [;)]

[/quote]

or a burrow???
[/quote]

[:D]

It''s clearly to accomodate Hucks.

He has dropped Camara to put Gibbs in, and from the way Gibbs has played so far, sounds like a good move.

[quote user="kick it off"]It''s clearly to accomodate Hucks.

He has dropped Camara to put Gibbs in, and from the way Gibbs has played so far, sounds like a good move.

[/quote]

Thing is, KIO, Roeder said he was pleased with the performance against Stoke, so why has he tampered with the team selection again?

And why field Gibbs when he''s done nothing to earn a place in the first eleven when he could & should''ve played Camara at left-back with Croft on the right-wing and Huckerby on his favoured right flank?

I''m asking you ''cause you seem to have all the answers.

[quote user="shyster"]

[quote user="kick it off"]It''s clearly to accomodate Hucks.He has dropped Camara to put Gibbs in, and from the way Gibbs has played so far, sounds like a good move.

[/quote]

Thing is, KIO, Roeder said he was pleased with the performance against Stoke, so why has he tampered with the team selection again?

And why field Gibbs when he''s done nothing to earn a place in the first eleven when he could & should''ve played Camara at left-back with Croft on the right-wing and Huckerby on his favoured right flank?

I''m asking you ''cause you seem to have all the answers.

[/quote]Because Sheff U are not Stoke. Stoke are big and physical, Sheff u are not so big and quite quick. Camara would have been ripped apart by the pace Sheff U have up front. Bertrand has a bit more pace and has been more comfortable than Camara would''ve been.Hucks and Croft DO NOT WORK together. He has tried it. and it failed against Bury in the cup. and has failed again since, i cant remember which game though.Why complain about him fielding Gibbs when you have seen him make 3 appearances (maximum) and Roeder sees him day in, day out in training. How do you know he has done nothing to warrant a place?When he could and should...? Yes he could have, but should have because you disagree with what he says? NO.All academic anyway as we are now 2-0 down. Probably Gibbs'' fault, if croft had been playing none of this would have happened, Camara would have stopped it, Glenn got it catastrophically wrong, sack Roeder, sack the players, sack the board, blah blah blah.Never mind, at least you have an excuse to whinge though now, hey?

More bad team decisions by glenn imo. But I''m just sounding like a broken record player. I hoped glenn would have learnt his lesson but I don''t think he has. Tinkering has left us staring into oblivion.

[quote user="Fellas"]More bad team decisions by glenn imo. But I''m just sounding like a broken record player. I hoped glenn would have learnt his lesson but I don''t think he has. Tinkering has left us staring into oblivion.[/quote]And if he hadn''t tinkered you would be complaining Huckerby didn''t start. And that Camara had been run ragged and Bertrand shouldve played LB.Notice how everything has come down their right wing btw, Huckerby''s side of the pitch....

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Fellas"]More bad team decisions by glenn imo. But I''m just sounding like a broken record player. I hoped glenn would have learnt his lesson but I don''t think he has. Tinkering has left us staring into oblivion.[/quote]And if he hadn''t tinkered you would be complaining Huckerby didn''t start. And that Camara had been run ragged and Bertrand shouldve played LB.Notice how everything has come down their right wing btw, Huckerby''s side of the pitch....[/quote]Exactly. Why was hux playing right wing and not croft? Isn''t that the whole point of this thread.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Fellas"]More bad team decisions by glenn imo. But I''m just sounding like a broken record player. I hoped glenn would have learnt his lesson but I don''t think he has. Tinkering has left us staring into oblivion.
[/quote]

And if he hadn''t tinkered you would be complaining Huckerby didn''t start. And that Camara had been run ragged and Bertrand shouldve played LB.

Notice how everything has come down their right wing btw, Huckerby''s side of the pitch....
[/quote]

Exactly. Why was hux playing right wing and not croft? Isn''t that the whole point of this thread.
[/quote]

You don''t get it.....Hux and Bertrand could not contain thier RW and RB....

[quote user="bunny"]

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Fellas"]More bad team decisions by glenn imo. But I''m just sounding like a broken record player. I hoped glenn would have learnt his lesson but I don''t think he has. Tinkering has left us staring into oblivion.[/quote]And if he hadn''t tinkered you would be complaining Huckerby didn''t start. And that Camara had been run ragged and Bertrand shouldve played LB.Notice how everything has come down their right wing btw, Huckerby''s side of the pitch....[/quote]Exactly. Why was hux playing right wing and not croft? Isn''t that the whole point of this thread.[/quote]

[/quote]And gibbs could? To be honest you cannot defend that tactical decision no matter how much you want to. Gibbs isn''t going to tackle or defender more than betrand would have done. You guys keep making up reasons for why roeder keeps having to change his team, they are just rubbish. The same team, or at least very similar team, that played against stoke should have played. Not a 17 year old who is not good enough and a an out-dated out positioned winger. The whole system was changed and it didn''t work. Btw most of the play seemed to come down the right anyway. The side which had huckerby, the side where croft would have been and the side that was most secure against stoke...[:|]

[quote user="bunny"]

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Fellas"]More bad team decisions by glenn imo. But I''m just sounding like a broken record player. I hoped glenn would have learnt his lesson but I don''t think he has. Tinkering has left us staring into oblivion.[/quote]And if he hadn''t tinkered you would be complaining Huckerby didn''t start. And that Camara had been run ragged and Bertrand shouldve played LB.Notice how everything has come down their right wing btw, Huckerby''s side of the pitch....[/quote]Exactly. Why was hux playing right wing and not croft? Isn''t that the whole point of this thread.[/quote]

[/quote]surely if the sheffield RW and RB were such a threat, and certainly adams suggested they were doing well down that side, why didn''t we go for a holding defensive formatio to contain the threat down that side - and play mo at LB & plastic at LW???  playing crofty as roedy''s winger option.  certainly, i''ve never seen hucks have a good game on the right, put him on the left and he comes alive....either way, its not come off for us, and 3 points next week is an absolute must.......

[quote user="kick it off"]
Hucks and Croft DO NOT WORK together. He has tried it. and it failed against Bury in the cup. and has failed again since, i cant remember which game though.
[/quote]

We tried that against Barnsley and we won.

your sleeping on the streets tonight mate!

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

Gibbs played well today in my opinion. didn''t deserve to get subbed. Definately his best game for us.

[/quote]

Well that doesn''t say alot!  Apart from one dribble and a shot he was invisible.  Mind you the other midfield players were poor too.