Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

W10, D7, L5.

Are these the stats of a team in crisis and a manager who doesn''t know what he''s doing? 

No ! They''re ours, in the Championship since Glenn took over.  5 defeats in 22 League matches and 2 of those in the first 3 games before he had a chance to really make his mark and sort out the mess left by Grants chaos. I would hazard a guess that if you gave those figures to the majority of teams in the Championship over the last 22 matches they would bite your hand off, not slag the manager off for not knowing what he''s doing.  So, all of you who are leaping salmon like onto the anit-Roeder band wagon, LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE and stop reacting in such a knee jerk manner to a few setbacks.  It will take time for Glenn to construct a new dynasty and repair Fortress Carrow Road and for all his achievements so far Mr Roeder is not a miracle worker, although "silk purse" and "sows ear" spring to mind if he is going to build a squad to get us into the Premiership! Support is what is needed, not endless sniping from armchair experts who call themselves City fans and think that they can do better.  If we don''t appreciate who we''ve got I''m sure someone else with more money will.  He''s already expressed his admiration for the fans since he''s been here so let''s not try and change his opinion.  For all those doubters out there I say this..... "Be careful what you wish for, it may come true"

But Scooby sureley these are the real fans you speak of. The kind of folk who take city to consecutive European cup finals in Championship Manager, single handed! They don''t need fifa badges or a long successful career in footabll behind them. No, they''re born with it, it''s instinct. They know when to make substitutions, when to drop players and exactly who to buy and sell. These are the people who should be running our footbll club, the moaners and whingers. Not these so called professionals with credentials ''n'' stuff. In fact why stop there, these people should be running our country!Any way great post, but I''m sure someone will moan or whinge...

I have been a Roeder supporter since his appointment, infact i was one of the first on this Board to get behind him......but he, like the rest of us is not faultless.

I think short breaks such as the Spanish trip are a poor idea, period. If this was down to Glenn I feel I want to question his decision.

Otherwise, I believe Roeder has been very good for the Club and is the strong helmsman we have been crying out for. Now we have apparently turned our noses up at the chance of pushing for the top six he has two fresh challenges:

1). Not to appear to be too autocratic and to keep putting supporters first as they will back him over the players and Board.

2). To go beyond the impact and build a successful long term team of his own.

[quote user="Scooby"]

Are these the stats of a team in crisis and a manager who doesn''t know what he''s doing? 

No ! They''re ours, in the Championship since Glenn took over.  5 defeats in 22 League matches and 2 of those in the first 3 games before he had a chance to really make his mark and sort out the mess left by Grants chaos. I would hazard a guess that if you gave those figures to the majority of teams in the Championship over the last 22 matches they would bite your hand off, not slag the manager off for not knowing what he''s doing.  So, all of you who are leaping salmon like onto the anit-Roeder band wagon, LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE and stop reacting in such a knee jerk manner to a few setbacks.  It will take time for Glenn to construct a new dynasty and repair Fortress Carrow Road and for all his achievements so far Mr Roeder is not a miracle worker, although "silk purse" and "sows ear" spring to mind if he is going to build a squad to get us into the Premiership! Support is what is needed, not endless sniping from armchair experts who call themselves City fans and think that they can do better.  If we don''t appreciate who we''ve got I''m sure someone else with more money will.  He''s already expressed his admiration for the fans since he''s been here so let''s not try and change his opinion.  For all those doubters out there I say this..... "Be careful what you wish for, it may come true"

[/quote]Good post. Sadly, it''s often the ones with the least to say that shout the loudest. Just look at the front page - how many threads are streams on inane consciousness from 1st Wiz? Too many.I think the mods on this board should enforce a daily posting limit so that people who clearly don''t do anything else with their time other than sit on the internet for 16 hours every day have to actually think before they post and so that they can no longer drown out everyone else''s opinions through "new thread - repeated sentiment" bombardment.

Agree with all what was said. I thought it was a very poor choice as a manager when I first heard it. but we all know what he has done. This is the problem I thought a few weeks ago, we have done better and better and the expectation levels get higher and higher and when there is a dip in form, we all know the tittle tattle that comes. I''m not saying that he has made no mistakes and he can get a bit gobby, but he will take us to the next level.

i wouldnt say he doesnt know what hes doing, but why does everybody assume we cant go down? we have had an excellent run of 2 defeats in 16 games but, and this isnt me be a doom monger just realistic, we can just as easily go on a run of say one win in our last 12 games whilst other teams below us pick up points so Roeder aint achieved the miracle yet!!!!

i wouldnt say crisis and i think the fans who saying he mad dont really know much

what i will say is so far job done is 8/10

but i think he needs to be properly judged in the summer and when he has a long "bad patch" in how he deals with situation etc...

then we can proply judge him as manager, but so far 8/10 seems about right?

[quote user="baldyboy"]i wouldnt say he doesnt know what hes doing, but why does everybody assume we cant go down? we have had an excellent run of 2 defeats in 16 games but, and this isnt me be a doom monger just realistic, we can just as easily go on a run of say one win in our last 12 games whilst other teams below us pick up points so Roeder aint achieved the miracle yet!!!![/quote]

On your reasoning Colchester could still win the Championship! Of all the mid-table teams we seem the most likely to consolidate our position there or actually gain one or two places.