Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Player Ratings - Norwich v Hull

Dear oh dear. Kieran Gibbs has played what a total of 59 minsfor Norwich so far and yet you describe as "BLUB: Gibbs poor - lightweight and like a rabbit in headlights." The Arsenal dont produce poor or shit players. So when the rest of you muppets on here have finished slatting the kid think again and kindly give him a chance. Either that or we take him back as he really wont learn anything playing for you lot. Call yourself fans.......get behind your team instead of moaning.

[quote user="Sue"]Dear oh dear. Kieran Gibbs has played what a total of 59 minsfor Norwich so far and yet you describe as "BLUB: Gibbs poor - lightweight and like a rabbit in headlights."
The Arsenal dont produce poor or shit players. So when the rest of you muppets on here have finished slatting the kid think again and kindly give him a chance. Either that or we take him back as he really wont learn anything playing for you lot. Call yourself fans.......get behind your team instead of moaning.
[/quote]

Arsenal fans are the first to whinge about their own players:  "I recall WAY too many Gooners blogging themselves to death, all screaming that Flamini was sh***, Song was sh***,, Hleb was sh***,  and Adebayor? Oh, my God — sh*** didn’t even BEGIN to describe what a clown he was. Now they’ve conveniently forgotten all that and started in on Hoyte and Traore because we got roasted at United. Traore? What is he, 19?"

And yes Sue, Gibbs had a TOTAL UTTER MARE of a debut, he was awful.  Hopefully when given another chance - more than likely on Saturday, he will show us why Arsene rates him so highly! [:D]

[quote user="Sue"]Dear oh dear. Kieran Gibbs has played what a total of 59 minsfor Norwich so far and yet you describe as "BLUB: Gibbs poor - lightweight and like a rabbit in headlights." The Arsenal dont produce poor or shit players. So when the rest of you muppets on here have finished slatting the kid think again and kindly give him a chance. Either that or we take him back as he really wont learn anything playing for you lot. Call yourself fans.......get behind your team instead of moaning.[/quote]Take him back (I would say please, but I''ll just reply to how rude you are). Gibbs'' debut performance was the WORST debut performance I have seen at carrow road in the last 10 years. But of course, you went to the game and have first hand experience of how well he played (or not).

As a Gooner I have to say I am shocked and disappointed to read what has been written of young Gibbs. He has only played about 60 minutes of football in a new team and a new environment. Above all he is a kid and needs time to settle down in his new team and environment. Yet he is being slaughtered like this. I wonder what will become of  his confidnce if he is being picked on by the supporters. I just hope the fans at the stadium are nothing like what I have read here.

What we Gooners have learnt from Wenger is players needs time, even the great ones like Bergkamp, Henry, Pires and the present ones like Adebayor, Hleb and Eduardo all needed time and part of getting a player to settle down and start help the team win games comes from the supporters. This is why I am really disappointed, we all know you do not help players (especially young ones) by singling them out for abuse.

Gibbs is a highly talented boy who we Gooners have a lot of high hopes for, Wenger once described him as having a lot of Ryan Gibbs in him. We have already seen his worth in the first team and pre-season friendlies. True! He needs to toughen up mentally and get more physical but that will come. What will not come out is the turbo paced tricky youngster, who is a very intelligent footballer that can play on the wings and as a number 10 (playmaker) if his confidence is shot to pieces by the supporters. You have in your team a future England international and he is one of 6 who are coming through the ranks. I am sure some of you here will remember Henri Lansbury, he is doing nicely too.

Regards.

BTW I was at Old Toilet on Saturday and I was one of the majority of Gooners who stayed till the end to applaud our players off the pitch at the end. I wonder what you lot would have done eh![:)][:D]

Couldn''t agree more of what the Arsenalfans says. Dunno why you think that you have to be a great footballer when you''re jsut fucking 18 years old, in Spain, Italy, Germany etc. the you could be a talented guy when you''re 21-22 years old, but in Britain you must be good before you go over the 20-yearline or otherwise... well, you get the point.

Give Gibbs some time, if he can dominate against Inter I think he in the future could play good for Norwich aswell. Roeder said "From what I''ve seen in training, I can see why Arsene Wenger thinks he''s one of his top young talents". I think he, Wenger and the whole Arsenal knows better about Gibbs than you, who have seem him played 58 minutes...

But now, Norwichfans doesn''t seem to see the difference between qualityplayers and poor mates like Huckerby etc.

its alot easier when you lose 4-0 and you are top of the prem as consulation but i remember when we use to beat you gooners 4-2 in your own backyard, see how far we have come, not easy o be cheerful, i know 13 matches and all that, but paper and cracks come to mind.

[quote user="AGooner"]

BTW I was at Old Toilet on Saturday and I was one of the majority of Gooners who stayed till the end to applaud our players off the pitch at the end. I wonder what you lot would have done eh![:)][:D]

[/quote]

majority!!  Not from what I saw mate.  They scanned to the away end and it was nigh on empty 5 minutes from the finish.....

As for Gibbs, he had a truly awful game, dreadful, hence in a player rating thread is getting poor marks.

FAO Arsenal fans, here are Norwich fans comments on Gibb''s performance he averaged 4.15/10  He had an extremely poor game, we are hoping to see a drastic improvement on Saturday when he will more than likely start against Barnsley.

Gibbs - 5.5 - obviously needs to learn and with time on the ball he might be great, but was hustled out of the game and hardly had a kick.  Ended up playing inside left to try to see the ball.

Gibbs - 3  - poor introduction - and needs to improve 100% to warrant another run out imo. 

Gibbs poor - lightweight and like a rabbit in headlights.

Gibbs - 5 - Anonymous but he hardly got the ball

Gibbs - 5 - a wimp! he''s not being pampered in the premiership now! welcome to the championship Keiren! the players are bigger than you and yes, will try and kick you! Needs to learn to give as good as he gets and want to get involved instead of worrying about his image by getting tackled by "little" Hull.

Gibbs 3. Totally anonymous. Not sure whether that''s his fault or the system, but he contributed nothing either defensively or in attack. Should have been subbed at h/t.

Gibbs - 5 totally off the pace of the game, needs to be used as a sub

Gibbs - 4 - looked out of his depth and was almost anonymous. Should remeber it was his first ever league game - give him time. 

Gibbs: 4- My god what a pointless cameo he played. Clearly in the team to please Arsenal and didn''t contribute at all. Don''t get me wrong, with a couple of games under his belt he could come good, and I really hope he does.

Gibbs –3

Gibbs - 4, was he even on the pitch!! he was out of position far too much and look more like a central player to me, not a good first game

Speaking of Gibbs, if anyone who watches all (or many) of Norwich''s matches are interested in informing me about his him once a week, give me a pling on jonizzon@hotmail.com . Hard to see any Norwichmatches in Sweden...

Fair dues to your point about being top of the league. Yep! I also remember you beat us 4-2 at Highbury. However, I have to repeat, you cannot get the best of a player, let alone a young player, if his confidence is shot to piece by the supporters.

Also, I am amazed to see Roeder getting so much stick considering where Norwich are now and where they where when he first came to the club.

I''m not questioning whether gibbs will be a good player in 5,6,10 years time but at the moment he is not good enough to step up to pro. league football. In a few years, when he''s bulked up and not scared by other players he might be a good footballer. And to all the gunners who said he should be given time, may I ask why? He''s not our player, he''ll be gone in the summer and as long as he is in the team he is a liability that will cost us points. I''d rather my team win than see a 17/18 year old who''s leaving in the summer get "experience".

[quote user="Fellas"]I''m not questioning whether gibbs will be a good player in 5,6,10 years time but at the moment he is not good enough to step up to pro. league football. In a few years, when he''s bulked up and not scared by other players he might be a good footballer.

And to all the gunners who said he should be given time, may I ask why? He''s not our player, he''ll be gone in the summer and as long as he is in the team he is a liability that will cost us points. I''d rather my team win than see a 17/18 year old who''s leaving in the summer get "experience".
[/quote]

Fair point. However, you forget your club has decided to get in loan players for a reason. The reason could be financial and you have to make the best of what your situation is. Destroying any young player''s confidence is not the way forward.

No player works into a team and starts setting the place alight, all players need time to adjust to their team mates and team''s system of play. Nobody is asking for an eternity, you will find it is reasonale to give the player a run in the team and it is usually more than 60 minutes before you get on his back. Gibbs is not some raw player that needs an eternity to blend in, Gibbs has played against superior opposition to anything in the Championship. Go look at his performance against Inter Milan or his performances in the league Cup this season and last season. We beat Premiership opposition with him in the team.

Besides, I hear you have loaned a few players from other clubs, everybody knows the loan system works and clubs have to make the best of it. In the past Birmingham have used Arsenal youth products to get promotion to the premiership, I can tell you they have got behind all our youth players that went there and two of them ended up signing on a permanent basis for Birmingham, despite the fact that other clubs wanted them. Why? The always point to the support they got from the Birmingham City fans.

[quote user="AGooner"]

What we Gooners have learnt from Wenger is players needs time, even the great ones like Bergkamp, Henry, Pires and the present ones like Adebayor, Hleb and Eduardo all needed time and part of getting a player to settle down and start help the team win games comes from the supporters. This is why I am really disappointed, we all know you do not help players (especially young ones) by singling them out for abuse.  [/quote]

But we don''t have time to help any players mature and cope with the tough challenges of championship football. Its  getting towards the end of Feb and we still need 9 points to be safe or even 9 points to reach the play offs.

We have young Bertrand from Chelsea and young Evans from Man City who have played well from Day 1 and look the part but your lad doesn''t. I''m sure that in 3 or 4 yrs we''ll be hearing more about him but he''s just not ready yet and he doesnt look any better than what we have.

Its not your fault, its not Arsenal''s fault, its our management''s fault for getting too many youngsters on loan and then having to play them to keep their clubs happy.

Thanks for coming on the forum and joining in the debate!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="AGooner"]

What we Gooners have learnt from Wenger is players needs time, even the great ones like Bergkamp, Henry, Pires and the present ones like Adebayor, Hleb and Eduardo all needed time and part of getting a player to settle down and start help the team win games comes from the supporters. This is why I am really disappointed, we all know you do not help players (especially young ones) by singling them out for abuse.  [/quote]

But we don''t have time to help any players mature and cope with the tough challenges of championship football. Its  getting towards the end of Feb and we still need 9 points to be safe or even 9 points to reach the play offs.

We have young Bertrand from Chelsea and young Evans from Man City who have played well from Day 1 and look the part but your lad doesn''t. I''m sure that in 3 or 4 yrs we''ll be hearing more about him but he''s just not ready yet and he doesnt look any better than what we have.

Its not your fault, its not Arsenal''s fault, its our management''s fault for getting too many youngsters on loan and then having to play them to keep their clubs happy.

[/quote]

I am amazed it has taken you the best part of 60 minutes to get to that conclusion. Even Wenger will not be that hasty. [:D][:D]

I will be back in 4 to 5 games time to remind of this statement.[H][H]

[quote user="AGooner"]

Fair point. However, you forget your club has decided to get in loan players for a reason. The reason could be financial and you have to make the best of what your situation is. Destroying any young player''s confidence is not the way forward.

[/quote]

I''m hoping it was just one bad game from Gibbs.  It happens, most people were upset because we could have started Camara LB and Bertrand LM that day, or even Pattison or Hucks.  We changed a winning team and suffered as a result as starting the untried Gibbs proved a costly mistake. 

Altho Hucks could have started, it seems he has fallen out with Roeder.

Hopefully with his dodgy debut out of the way Gibbs will play a blinder Saturday!!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="AGooner"]

[/quote]

I''m hoping it was just one bad game from Gibbs.  It happens, most people were upset because we could have started Camara LB and Bertrand LM that day, or even Pattison or Hucks.  We changed a winning team and suffered as a result as starting the untried Gibbs proved a costly mistake. 

Hopefully with his dodgy debut out of the way Gibbs will play a blinder Saturday!!

[/quote]

I got the impression that Norwich had a bad day at the office against Leicester, but the fans were looking for a scape goat. Shame, they pick on a young player, when the old heads were not doing it. To be fair, all fans can be guilty of this. I remember last season at Fulham, Wenger put Cesc on the bench and played Song, we were useless (mean Henry, RvP, Gilberto etc. etc) but the fans picked on young Alex Song. Wenger had to sub him to protect him from the boo boys and I shed a tear for the kid that day, what happened was wrong and I made my feelings clear to my fellow Gooners at Fulham. Today, these supporter cannot apologise to the kid enough. 

I watch the youth team a lot, I take my little boys to Barnet ground to watch them, it is free and you give the kids a good time out. I have followed Gibbs for a few years and seen him come through the ranks. I agree that he is physically well behind but his football brain is what that has got him so far despite his slight frame, he has very good tactical intelligence to go with his pace and skills. Also, I must add, his slight frame should not be taken to mean he is not brave and cannot put the foot in. He is not afraid of the physical stuff and is not afraid to get nasty and dirty. 

[quote user="AGooner"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="AGooner"]

[/quote]

I am amazed it has taken you the best part of 60 minutes to get to that conclusion. Even Wenger will not be that hasty. [:D][:D]

[/quote]And you will be just as wrong as before. He is not ready for the CCC.

You obviously know nothing about the championship as you compare

players like muamba and larsson (who are both physically strong men) to gibbs who was like a kid. I think you''ll find norwich get behind their players very well. Infact ched evans is already a cult figure here and betrand well on his way to doing so, in part due to your player playing so poor. Hopefully, and I say this in the nicest possible way, Gibbs will go back to arsenal. Prepare himself mentally and physically for big boy football and he might get another chance to prove himself in the CCC. Meanwhile, we will play a player at left-wing who has given everything to the cause and in my opinion has been close to if not the actual man of the match in every performance whilst at the club. I did have a very high regard of arsenal fans before this, but I question my judgement, you just seem to have the typical liverpool and man u "we''re better than everybody else and don''t give a damn" attitude.

[quote user="AGooner"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="AGooner"]

[/quote]

[/quote]sorry a.gooner - if you''d seen gibbs play you''d realise he''s a mile off being fit or physcially strong enough to play a realistic part in any champs team.  he was truly shocking - and would need to improve 100% to even have a sniff of a further outing in out team in my opinion - and thats too much ground for the boy to make up this season.

[quote user="AGooner"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="AGooner"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I got the impression that Norwich had a bad day at the office against Leicester, but the fans were looking for a scape goat. Shame, they pick on a young player, when the old heads were not doing it. To be fair, all fans can be guilty of this. I remember last season at Fulham, Wenger put Cesc on the bench and played Song, we were useless (mean Henry, RvP, Gilberto etc. etc) but the fans picked on young Alex Song. Wenger had to sub him to protect him from the boo boys and I shed a tear for the kid that day, what happened was wrong and I made my feelings clear to my fellow Gooners at Fulham. Today, these supporter cannot apologise to the kid enough. 

I watch the youth team a lot, I take my little boys to Barnet ground to watch them, it is free and you give the kids a good time out. I have followed Gibbs for a few years and seen him come through the ranks. I agree that he is physically well behind but his football brain is what that has got him so far despite his slight frame, he has very good tactical intelligence to go with his pace and skills. Also, I must add, his slight frame should not be taken to mean he is not brave and cannot put the foot in. He is not afraid of the physical stuff and is not afraid to get nasty and dirty. 

[/quote]Gibbs didn''t play in our 4 nil defeat at Leicester, young Henry from Reading did - and apparantly did worse than Gibbs managed in the 1-1 draw with Hull.There was no scapegoating here with Gibbs, he really was anonymous and poor when he did get the ball.  He got brushed aside by the Hull attackers when he defended.  He was noticeably the worst NCFC player on the pitch.To be fair to Gibbs he attempted a couple of thru balls to Evans, which showed his footballing brain.  He got a warning early on from the ref for a tackle which may have been why he stood off too much afterwards.In the end mate there is a reason he averaged around 4/10 on this thread, he had a very poor debut.   Im sure he has moved on and hopefully he will go someway to putting this game firmly behind him when he plays again - more than likely Saturday.Also can I add, I don''t remember him getting any stick at all from the crowd at any point during the game against Hull.

Send him back then at least he will play with a team that has quality. Keiran is not going to learn anything at Norwich

Oh dear out of his depth after 58 mins of play. Do me a favour and send him back please he is not goingto learn anything playing for you lot. Tell your board not to be so tight and spend some money instead of getting players on loan.

[quote user="Sue"]Oh dear out of his depth after 58 mins of play. Do me a favour and send him back please he is not goingto learn anything playing for you lot. Tell your board not to be so tight and spend some money instead of getting players on loan.
[/quote]

Have you actually read any of these comments or are you just trying to stir things up for the sake of it?

[quote user="Fellas"]

I think you''ll find norwich get behind their players very well.

[/quote]

Henderson, Doherty, Hughes, Robinson..........we''re no better or worse in this regard than any other club.

Here''s an idea for you, rather than writing young Gibbs off after 60 minutes of football why don''t we wait and see how he plays in his next few games. Why don''t we take on board the opinions of people who have seen him play for more than 60 minutes and who rate him quite highly. Why don''t we take on board the opinions of one of the best managers in The Premiership.

Or you could write him off on the basis of 60 minutes football, because that''s really sensible [:|].

[quote user="Sue"]Send him back then at least he will play with a team that has quality. Keiran is not going to learn anything at Norwich
[/quote]

You''re getting all high and mighty for a side that just got whooped 4-0 by United at the weekend.  having a bad week are we.  I used to be quite a big fan of Arsenal, but having seen and read a lot from your fans this last week  - and so many double standards,I hope they fail in europe as usual.