Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

MARTIN ALLEN ON 5 LIVE LAST NIGHT

Did anyone else hear Allen?

He made one VERY interesting point. he said the most important attribute for a manager was his ability to bring in the right players, in other words, having the right contacts within the game.

Grant clearly didn''t have this but Roeder has....everything else is down to the Board.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Did anyone else hear Allen?

He made one VERY interesting point. he said the most important attribute for a manager was his ability to bring in the right players, in other words, having the right contacts within the game.

Grant clearly didn''t have this but Roeder has....everything else is down to the Board.

[/quote]

How can Allen say that? [:|] He bought some of the worst players we have signed in a very long time and him and his chief scout clearly have no contacts so i don''t understand why he made that comment, unless it was a dig at himself [:^)] which it cleary wasn''t [:S].

[quote user="tribes"]The first one he has brought in is Pattison. He is a real gem.[/quote]

Is this sarcasm? I must admit I''ve been generally underwhelmed by him. Too slow for the left wing and hasn''t offered all that much, other than graft, in the middle yet... Hopefully he''ll improve, else he could turn out to be a bit of a Hughes-type signing...

[quote user="Grando"][quote user="tribes"]The first one he has brought in is Pattison. He is a real gem.[/quote]

Is this sarcasm? I must admit I''ve been generally underwhelmed by him. Too slow for the left wing and hasn''t offered all that much, other than graft, in the middle yet... Hopefully he''ll improve, else he could turn out to be a bit of a Hughes-type signing...[/quote]How wrong you are, Pattison is a bargain, fantastic work rate and tackling is almost 100% for winning balls and not conceding fouls, ive been impressed by his no nonsense approach, and his set play delivery has been good. He''s like Gary Holt at his best, but quicker and can actually pass. Exactly what we need, a hardman defensive midfielder.

People are forgetting that Patty hasn''t played that much first team football before he came here.  Reserve football is a different kettle of fish.  This boy is one to watch for the future for sure.  IMO he will only get better.

Hopefully you''re right. I''m not writing him off yet, just saying I''ve not been overly excited by what I''ve seen so far. You''re right though, should give him more time before judging him (and Holt is a good example of that because he didn''t do much in first season we signed him, but really came good in the next).

[quote user="BarclayMan artist formerly known as BarclayBoy"][quote user="Grando"][quote user="tribes"]The first one he has brought in is Pattison. He is a real gem.[/quote]

Is this sarcasm? I must admit I''ve been generally underwhelmed by him. Too slow for the left wing and hasn''t offered all that much, other than graft, in the middle yet... Hopefully he''ll improve, else he could turn out to be a bit of a Hughes-type signing...[/quote]

How wrong you are, Pattison is a bargain, fantastic work rate and tackling is almost 100% for winning balls and not conceding fouls, ive been impressed by his no nonsense approach, and his set play delivery has been good. He''s like Gary Holt at his best, but quicker and can actually pass. Exactly what we need, a hardman defensive midfielder.
[/quote]

I like Pattison, but to say he can pass is a tad wide of the mark....  I was impressed when he played left side, he seemed to have a decent cross on him and the aggression and determination to make ground up the wing.  He has a great engine and is a good hassleing harrying player.

An excellent purchase IMO.

[quote user="Grando"]Hopefully you''re right. I''m not writing him off yet, just saying I''ve not been overly excited by what I''ve seen so far. You''re right though, should give him more time before judging him (and Holt is a good example of that because he didn''t do much in first season we signed him, but really came good in the next).[/quote]Oh my god, how can some people be so fickle? do you honestly expect every singing we make to have a huckerby style impact and ride us single handedly to the promised land?95% of the time = not going to happen.Pattison will never be that. Pattison is a player who works his guts out for the team and has a great determination to win every battle he''s involved in. Surely you can see in our quite amazing form turn around that we as a team are a lot stronger with him in it?Have you forgotten how 24th we really were so little time ago?!

[quote]Oh my god, how can some people be so fickle? do you honestly expect every singing we make to have a huckerby style impact and ride us single handedly to the promised land?95% of the time = not going to happen.Pattison will never be that. Pattison is a player who works his guts out for the team and has a great determination to win every battle he''s involved in. Surely you can see in our quite amazing form turn around that we as a team are a lot stronger with him in it?Have you forgotten how 24th we really were so little time ago?![/quote]

I wasn''t saying that if you read my reply properly. And obviously as a City fan I''m used to most of our recent signings making little impact! If you''d bothered to read what I said I wasn''t criticising Patterson, just showing a different level of enthusiasm to other posters. Obviously even a slight level of dissent or caution is not allowed in response to our new signings, so I won''t mention him again!