Sign in to follow this  
missing in action?

jarvis....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Jarvisthis link paints a brilliant portarait of ryan jarvis....and i think in someways it does provide us with a question....STAY?GO?i would like him to stay...i think he needs a chance tbh, and well. he couldn''t do any worse than martin/brown/strihavka/cureton etc.

[quote user="buddhaboy"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Jarvisthis link paints a brilliant portarait of ryan jarvis....and i think in someways it does provide us with a question....STAY?GO?i would like him to stay...i think he needs a chance tbh, and well. he couldn''t do any worse than martin/brown/strihavka/cureton etc.[/quote]agree, he couldn''t do no worse (or better) than martin/brown/dave striker at present - and they are league 1 strikers on current form!!!he seems to have made 4 appearances for kilmarnock and scored once - is the boy injured???either way, i wouldn''t have him back here unless he was playing week in week out and scoring for fun. 

Sorry but Jarvis isn''t in the same league as Cureton!

Ryan Jarvis is good on the ball and has lots of ability but he hasn''t got the will to win or physique to go with it!

His brother Rossi is exactly the same and niether of them will ever make the grade at Norwich or anywhere else in the top 2 Divisions.

Hes had far to long now to prove himself considering he made his debut at the back end of the 2002/03 season. Much the sme as Henderson I won''t be surprised to see the Jarvis brothers playing ridgeons league football in the not to distant future.

i have always liked both jarvis brothers, and i thought ryan might come good, when he scored against liverpool in the prem, but never gets a run, if chris brown can play 10 games in a row without scoreing why cant jarvis have 3 games?

have a feeling we wil see Ryan leave go to leage 1 team, and then play in premieship in 2 ore 3 years.

agree whay cant Ryan have 3 games when brown have 10 games in row without scoring. It is youst not making sense for my.

Chris Brown cant pass urine....let alone play as an assistor upfront...he flicks on balls to nowhere, he shoots like an american and isn''t overly quick...as for jarvis, he has been brought up to play football the conventional way. pass and move, dribbling (with your feet not mouth) and slotting balls through. he hasn''t been given the chance of mr brown and he should be in the team proving himself. as should the other young players rather than making a crap attempt at impressing against FATMANKINGSLYNNPOLISHAPPLEPICKERS United FC in front of  a crowd of 13...so...get them on the pitch against bury FC or whatever and we will see what happens..

Ryan jarvis - Go.Rossi Jarvis though. I don''t know. We haven''t seen much of him but everytime I''ve seen him play he has played well. He played well against man city too this season. We shall see.

[quote user="scott"]

Sorry but Jarvis isn''t in the same league as Cureton!

[/quote]

Agreed. One is in the Scottish Premier and one is in the Championship. Great observation.

Neither of the Jarvis brothers are anywhere near this level of football.

Both were probably good for their age group when they were younger but they just haven''t got enough to make it at this level.

Fellas, how many times have you seen Rossi this season.... to my knowledge he lacks the drive, especially when we''re a goal down. Playing in the reserves against Ipswich, dont get me started...

For all those who go on about giving the youngsters a chance -

The reason we''ve bought in loan players is cause the likes of the Jarvis brothers, Spillane for whatever reason aren''t good enough simple as. Rossi had a run in the team and we were light weight, Russell was doing all his work. Yes Jarvis can pass the ball sideways and backwards but he doesn''t tackle and makes it to easy for the opposition.

One of Worthingtons biggest failings at Norwich was keeping the likes of Ryan Jarvis and Henderson far too long when it was obvious niether of them were going to make it. Then releasing the likes of Danny Crow and Paul Hayes to soon when  they had more potnetial than Jarvis and Henderson.

Henderson doesn''t even play for Northampton at the moment. whether hes injured I don''t know but hes was struggling at the start of the season when he had a few games. Ryan Jarvis is now being used as a sub for Kilmarnock in a League where half the teams wouldn''t cut it in the Championship. And Yes I''ve been to lots of NCFC reserve games and have seen some live scottish football.

The previous poster whos predicts Ryan Jarvis will be in the Premiership in the future!!! - What the Ridgeons Premier league?

On the subject of Darel Russell, he made his debut for Norwich at 17 and was virtually a regular by the time he was 19. The reason being - he was good enough and got stuck in. Thats the whole point if someone is good enough they will play simple as!

Another youngster who some have said hasn''t had a chance - Joe Lewis - Yes hes got potential and is a handy keeper but isn''t no where near good enough to play for Norwich. He may become in the future but that is a big maybe.

Some previous poster mentioned Chris Brown. Well I agree hes limited and won''t score many but he has got a physical presense which puts him way ahead of Ryan Jarvis. In fact I think he''d of been more effective than ched Evans in the past 2 home games cause at least he''d of give the oppositions centre backs something to think about and may of even won the ball a few times. Like Docherty he has been made a scapegoat.

I respect anyone that pulls on a Norwich shirt as long as they are good enough to do exactly that. but I am realistic when someone is not good enough. Yes in a better world we''d be using loads and loads of youngsters from our Academy in the 1st team but at present their is few if any good enough! 

Ryan jarvis came back about 3 weeks ago to impress roeder. and as for henderson, well. aside from being compared in a negative way to his deceased brother he was always played out of position, same with jarvis (being used at left mid). so really, we haven''t seen alot of these players in their true positions.with lewis, i think people (inc. myself) are saying he WILL be a fine international. not that we are expecting him to take on Marshall currently..all these players need valid experience in lower league teams rather than a reserve game against stevenage...why not go to kings lynn???i think jarvis is good enough. not that he will get his opportunity...

[quote user="scott"]Some previous poster mentioned Chris Brown. Well I agree hes limited and won''t score many but he has got a physical presense which puts him way ahead of Ryan Jarvis. In fact I think he''d of been more effective than ched Evans in the past 2 home games cause at least he''d of give the oppositions centre backs something to think about and may of even won the ball a few times. Like Docherty he has been made a scapegoat.[/quote]His physical presence may put him way ahead of Ryan Jarvis, but unfortunately his goalscoring record doesn''t even put him ahead of Peter Thorne. He does have a decent touch on him, but he''s nowhere near good enough for our first team. Dublin at 38 makes twice as much impact as Brown does. We should get shot of Brown, Strihavka and Jarvis, and put the money towards a decent target man to replace Dion.Of the current crop of youth players, we should get rid of Eagle (why is he still here?!) and both the Jarvis brothers. Spillane might be worth hanging onto as a squad player, Cave-Brown and Renton have been unlucky with injuries and are probably worth another year, and Bally Smart should definitely be offered professional terms, even if we end up loaning him out for another year.

I think he (Ryan) has the potintial to be one of those city players who always seem to slip through the net. (Bellamy, Bentley, Green, etc. etc...)

We could find him being an international in several years time. Either that or he disappears compleatly.

[quote user="canaries1"]

I think he (Ryan) has the potintial to be one of those city players who always seem to slip through the net. (Bellamy, Bentley, Green, etc. etc...)

We could find him being an international in several years time. Either that or he disappears compleatly.

[/quote]An international?! Only if they discover he''s got a grandmother from the Faroe Islands... ;)

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="canaries1"]

[/quote]
An international?! Only if they discover he''s got a grandmother from the Faroe Islands... ;)
[/quote]

he would''nt even make the bench lol