Sign in to follow this  
All Gunns Blazing.

Given the choice Roeder or Jewell

How many people given the choice would swap Roeder for Jewell now that Roeder has been here a while? I for one was hoping we were going to get Jewell and felt some what dissapointed when Roeder was named as manager. But seeing what he has done in the short time he has been here and the type of player he has got in on loan I would definately keep Roeder. So would any of you guys swap????

No. I didn''t want Jewell because his last season in the prem was mainly just him whinging about referees. Also, he''s never worked with a tight budget such as ours.

Having said that, I didn''t even consider Roeder to be in the frame!

Personally I have to admit I was not too excited when Glenn Roeder was announced as the new manager although I never really believed we were in with a genuine chance of getting Paul Jewell due to the lack of funds, however, I was of the opinion that we definately needed a manager with years and years of experience and therefore I would have not been unhappy with the appointmnet of Joe Royal !!! At the time I did think GR fell into that category and Martin Allen, Phil Parkinson and Steve Tilson did not.

But its still early days in GR''s rein so we should not get too carried away with City''s recent form there is still a long way to go and there will be some more setbacks before we can say we are safe.  I think some tranfer activity in January is essential to secure our future in this league (viz. Martin Taylor) and for City to push on and build a team that in time are capable of competing in the top half of the league rather than in the bottom half.  OTBC

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]So you thinki the board were right and 90% of the fans were wrong? Or is the jury still out?
[/quote]

Thats why I started this post, because at the time everyone, like me, were hopeing for Jewell. Just after Roeder was appointed there was a lot of negative posts about Roeder, which have stopped now. So yes possibly the board were right.

Keep it up Glen

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]So you thinki the board were right and 90% of the fans were wrong? Or is the jury still out?
[/quote]

I think the board were right and I think 90% of the fans were wrong.

At the end of the day Roeder has come here and he has done a great job so far and I think he has already proved himself so the jury shouldn''t still be out imo.  If Jewell had of come here he might have done just as good of job, I don''t think he would have but we will never know.

Roeders job isn''t finished yet it has only just begun but what a begining!  There will be downs and we won''t win every match but give Glenn time and on current form with a little bit of luck I can see us back in the Premership within the next 3 years.

Great appointment by the Board so far, but really time will tell.

If he is given the resources i shall hold him accountable, but if not, i believe the board will be stiffling a real chance here to go for promotion.

But i dont think we should throw silly money after silly money. other clubs have a massive war chest, i just hope Roeder has a real eye for talent, we will find out over the next year.

lets have a protest to show our love to the board? only joking

seriously roeder i had doubts on, he seems to be doing a cracking job so far, not brilliant job but doing very good job, if he can maintain this sort of form then it would be fantastic appointment from the board

the only thing i will say is that he should be judged over the season not 8games, and glenn tends to start of well at clubs then dies of slowly

good move by the board on 2nd thoughts so far

as to jewell, its hard to compare, jewell may of come in and won every game or lost every game, you cant compare the two really when they havnt inhertited the same squad in the same position, derby is bit of a sinking ship, and he needs to rebuild them slowly, remember in prem he cant make short term loans like roeder did etc..

I was initially disappointed when Roeder was announced and would have loved Jewell here, but what do I know.  Glen is doing a cracking job and I wouldn''t swap him for Mourinho, Wenger and Ferguson combined.

Demo against the board?  No thanks, not for me.

I wanted Paul Jewell.

I was dreading -and fully expecting- it to be Phil Parkinson.

I was, as a "compromise" prepared to accept Martin Allen.

Glenn Roeder was a complete shock. And I was disappointed at the time of his appointment, no question.

However, am delighted to have been proven wrong with my disappointment. Yes, it is very early days yet, and there are legion examples of Managers having bright starts at clubs then it all going pear shaped-but there does seem to be a "feel good" quality about Roeder, and that is the man and the manager.

He looks delighted to be here, is speaking in positives about the club, the players, the fans, has got good staff in (Doug Livermore and Steve Foley or Lee Clark and Paul Stephenson) and has the sort of contacts in the game (unlike Gunny and his so called list of contacts!) that can, and already have, benefitted us enormously.

I hope he succeeds here.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Too early to tell.[/quote]

I wasn''t asking who is the better manager, I was asking given the choice now would you swap. I know it is early days and it is a very romantic thought that Roeder is going to keep up the win ratio that we are having at the moment.