Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Admit it, our Rob Roys got us into this mess!.

Grant, Duffy (been here nearly as long as Grant) Lappin, Marshall, Fotherinham, LeJudge (ok, but virtually a Scot!) even now poor Gunny and Fleck.

Every single one an abject failure, they are to be blunt, sub standard players best suited to the SPL and other well known Scottish pub teams.

We desperately need a new manager who will ship these non starters back to where they rightly belong........north of the border................and I include the new caretaker manager''s joke of a No.2 in that, who, for far too long now, has fed bloody well off the City table!.

Poor Mr Watling must be turning in his grave.

To be fair, Wizzy, I think Marshall''s been about our only good player this season!  I can think of several times he has got us a few points, and stopped us losing by more goals this season.  And Lappin and Fotheringham look like decent squad players, who with the right players could do a very good job.  And Lappin is better than drury at left back!

I assume in the ''joke of a No2'' you mean Mr Gunn - he is a legend and should not be spoken of like that imo, but I know where you''re coming from.  I just hope his stint on the coaching side doesn''t sour what he''s done for the club as I worry it could.  Fleck, why the heck have you included him?  He does nothing with the club now, or does he?  (I''m not totally sure)

But I get your gist, I remember when Leicester had Craig Levein as their boss, he bought plenty of players from Scotland and they nearly got relegated then he was sacked - what is happening now here!   

I think thats very harsh to single out these players as a reason to why we are playing so poorly. Marshall is definatly our best keeper since green although that''s not a long time we have had a lot of goalkeepers! Fotheringham started very well this season and made the difference against southampton before getting injured. Lappin has been played out of position for most of his games this season first and foremost he is not a centeral midfielder he is a left midfielder and I think he has played well when playing in his strongest postition. First game of the season I thought Brellier looked one of our best players I admit he hasnt played well since but I think he has the potential to be a good signing. We need to look futher than what nationality they are to see what problems our effecting our football club. otbc

I''m sorry wiz but marshall looks/is good and I think lappin and fotheringham (or of what we have seen of him this season) are good players. But we do need a good manager to show the whole team how to play football.

Unfortunately, for all you who have replied so far, the results PROVE that I am right and you are all wrong.

Bob Fleck by the way, is our main scout these days I believe.

As Gunny and Fleck are two of my main City heroes, I do not wish them to become scapegoats and fallguys for this joke of a bloody board, and that cooks many failings.

Sadly, I think they will!.

Wiz I am convinced we would be worse off without marshall, he''s about the only good thing we''ve got!

I thought our main scout was Alan Wood?  He''s pretty pants though.

Gunny should not be on the dugout, the fact he is ways a lot!

I''m not wrong,QXV0t as I disagree with you - to be honest I agree with a lot of what you say Wiz.  I don''t see how any of the other scottish players are worse than the english ones or whatever, they are all awful!

While I think Marshall is a good enough keeper I wouldn''t be sad if he was to leave as Joe Lewis is a great young keeper who I think will go on to become better than Marshall.

I''m no fan of political correctness, but can we please tone down the anti-Scottish bias?

If Alex Ferguson retired from Man U and decided he wanted to keep his hand in by managing a smaller club, we''d tell him to p*ss off to Scotland would we?

[quote user="mystic megson"]

I''m no fan of political correctness, but can we please tone down the anti-Scottish bias?

If Alex Ferguson retired from Man U and decided he wanted to keep his hand in by managing a smaller club, we''d tell him to p*ss off to Scotland would we?

[/quote]

If the club will drop their PRO Scot bias, I might drop my anti...............well maybe.

[quote user="ob1"]Nice one Wiz - adding racism to your repertoire... whats next?
[/quote]

Lighten up obi, it might be a little harsh but apart from Marshall the scots just cant cut it. I doubt old wizzy is a member of the bloody NF just because of a comment about the scots and Rob Roy.[;)]

[quote user="ob1"]Nice one Wiz - adding racism to your repertoire... whats next?
[/quote]

Don''t make me laugh ob1, I wear a black pointy hat, not a white pointy hood mate![:D]

It could''ve been worse, Wiz - what if we''d employed an overly patrotic Welsh, novice for a manager? [;)]

[/quote]    ob1 please get a life.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

Try standing in a Glasgow pub and stating you''re English......

Political correctness is something the dozey straight laced English do....as anyone else can say and do much as they like.

What next? Ginger people? Bald people? Thin people?  Get over it mate.......

[quote user="mattscousin"]

nope, flecky is a scout not the main scout. and by god WE ARE NOT GONNA SIGN RONALDINHO GET OVER IT! These scots boys are ok, infact the whole squad is good on paper, that would suggest we need a new manager, oh wait...

[/quote]

No they''re not, they make Hamilton''s squad look like Brazil.

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

Try standing in a Glasgow pub and stating you''re English......

Political correctness is something the dozey straight laced English do....as anyone else can say and do much as they like.

What next? Ginger people? Bald people? Thin people?  Get over it mate.......

[/quote]

Well said cluck. Like i said the truth is the scots cant cut it and its not bloody racist if you state the obvious..............Mind you neither can the English, Czechs.......!!