Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Peter Cullum

I have posted on here before about Peter. I''m sure some of you (Blah) will remember it. Let me tell you what I know.

I work for Peter. A lot of people in the insurance industry do. I have spoken to him about "buying" Norwich before. Here are some things to consider.

1. In order to "buy" Norwich he would have to buy it from Delia and  MWJ. My view is that they would sell now if they could.

2. PC is wealthy man. BUT he needs to sell Towergate (or float them) before he can afford to "waste" money on a loss making venture. That isnt going to happen yet.

3. BUT PC is also involved in a venture capital firm...called Cullum Capital Ventures. It is always possible given the land ownership and potential of any football club in todays environment that he might take a punt. Could he buy the club and still make a return on the purchase for CCV? Well a lot of foreign investors are starting to look. So it isn''t beyhond the bounds of possibility. Dont forget we get 23,000 each week. that''s a big affinity group.

4. Peter said to me that "the men in White coats would carry him away before he invested in football". We will see.

My view is at the moment (and I am NOT in his inner cabinet) is that he will not come into NCFC. BUT there is no doubt in my mind that if Delia really wants it (and i have information suggesting that she does) she will start to court outside investment. Be asured that when she goes she will make on the deal (the money she has put in is after all only loaned to the club) and someone has to pay her AND pay off the debt or take the debt over

Peter does not have a box. He has access because one of the companies he bought,. Smith and Pinching, already have a boxx. He does not attend every game. In fact last year he went to only one.. the last game agaisnt Southampton.

So there are some fact for you to draw on. I''ve no idea if he will but at least you know at little bit more now 

Interesting stuff GPB, good of you to volunteer this information.  It sounds like time is more of an issue than money, and that the boat may well sail before Peter has an opportunity to board it at a time that would be most beneficial.Venture capitalist companies tend to avoid football these days don''t they ?  But I guess that if the companys'' chairman is a fan, they might be guided in that direction ?  Interesting.I know a couple of fellas who have white coats, I could ask them to carry him away if this would speed up the process ? [;)]

GPB wrote :-

4. Peter said to me that "the men in White coats would carry him away before he invested in football". We will see.

Assuming Mr Beard is genuine (and I mean absolutely NO offence in that comment whatsoever, Graham - I happen to believe you are) surely this is is categorical enough to make the ''lets talk up a fictitous sugardaddy'' brigade have some clarity of thought? Total, unfounded, deluded, spaced-out wishful thinking uber-speculation of the highest order is all this story has ever amounted to. Sadly there is not one shred of evidence to suggest he is anything other than an (albeit extremely wealthy) armchair fan. I think we should all get over it and move on.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]All this makes sense - and here are many City fans thinking Queen Smith is only in it for ....''the love of the club''!![/quote]That is just the point that GPB''s post is making! A shrewd self-made businessman like Cullum, with his business head on, has said that he wouldn''t touch football with a bargepole: so why else would Delia have put her money at risk, other than for ''the love of the Club''?

A good read GPB....but I''m glad you don''t work for me!        [;)]

Some excellent angles accompanied by some relevant points.....much of which makes sense.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]All this makes sense - and here are many City fans thinking Queen Smith is only in it for ....''the love of the club''!![/quote]
That is just the point that GPB''s post is making! A shrewd self-made businessman like Cullum, with his business head on, has said that he wouldn''t touch football with a bargepole: so why else would Delia have put her money at risk, other than for ''the love of the Club''?
[/quote]

There is no doubt in my mind that Smith put her money in originally ''for the sake of the club'' but if GPB is right and she wants ''to make on the deal'' then that to me implies generating a profit does it not? I have no qualms about her being paid the amount that she has (at various stages) invested but if she ultimately sells for more then who benefits? Not the club but her back pocket. How woulkd that then square with her many public comments that she is only in it ....................''for the love of the club''?

[quote]How woulkd that then square with her many public comments that she is only in it ....................''for the love of the club''?[/quote]Is it possible to do something you love and get paid for it ?  I think so.  That said, I''d be surprised if they took a profit, more likely that they would take back what they have paid in, and anything extra would go back into running the club.

In any count if Delia sold out she would be paid by the new investor not by the club so whether she loses out or makes a profit (which I doubt given the recent financial results) is neither here nor there.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]There is no doubt in my mind that Smith put her money in originally ''for the sake of the club'' but if GPB is right and she wants ''to make on the deal'' then that to me implies generating a profit does it not? I have no qualms about her being paid the amount that she has (at various stages) invested but if she ultimately sells for more then who benefits? Not the club but her back pocket. How woulkd that then square with her many public comments that she is only in it ....................''for the love of the club''?[/quote]Yes, but the "make on the deal" is just an assertion, something GPB feels in his water, right? He has no evidence for it, and anyway, if she wants to get her money back plus profit, good luck to her - I imagine she''s utterly pissed off with being slated all the time - but whether she has any chance of that is not clear. My point is that, judging by Cullum''s remark, it seems unlikely,  because football at this level is not any sort of a business proposition. I don''t know what an acceptable annual return on a business investment is - 10% (probably more like 30% for a high risk)? That means an investor who buys Delia out, pays off the debt and puts some money into the squad (say £30m total) would want a return of at least £3m per year. Ain''t gonna happen....

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I just love the way old Cluck tries to con us he''s a captain of industry and stalwart of the Institute of Directors he couldn''t employ a random thought.[/quote]

Exactly my sentiments Rudolph. He tosses out goodies like "I have walked the coporate corridors at Carrow Road while watching all the OTHER hangers-on", or "he knows what it takes to run a business effectively and successfully". He throws out these "gems" while, as a relatively young senior himself that supposedly loves NCFC, pouring nothing but bad news on the club and most other forum posters since almost the time he began posting. I''ve yet to met an effective leader who can impart nothing but bad news. If Cluck is so successful and effective one almost wonders why he has not ventured forth as an investor or participant in a consortium to wrestle Delia to the ground for the club he loves so much.

Incidentally, I said one almost wonders but, being a realist, I''m afraid I know why this is not the case. Poor Cluck. This is the place that he has chosen in life to elevate his own sense of self-importance. Again, and again, and again.......

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]There is no doubt in my mind that Smith put her money in originally ''for the sake of the club'' but if GPB is right and she wants ''to make on the deal'' then that to me implies generating a profit does it not? I have no qualms about her being paid the amount that she has (at various stages) invested but if she ultimately sells for more then who benefits? Not the club but her back pocket. How woulkd that then square with her many public comments that she is only in it ....................''for the love of the club''?[/quote]Yes, but the "make on the deal" is just an assertion, something GPB feels in his water, right? He has no evidence for it, and anyway, if she wants to get her money back plus profit, good luck to her - I imagine she''s utterly pissed off with being slated all the time - but whether she has any chance of that is not clear. My point is that, judging by Cullum''s remark, it seems unlikely,  because football at this level is not any sort of a business proposition. I don''t know what an acceptable annual return on a business investment is - 10% (probably more like 30% for a high risk)? That means an investor who buys Delia out, pays off the debt and puts some money into the squad (say £30m total) would want a return of at least £3m per year. Ain''t gonna happen....
[/quote]

Unless he''s a filthy rich fan and puts the money in for his own pleasure just to see his team be a success, if I was worth 700 million I would buy the club and pump money in for no return, after all I''m never going to spend 700 million in what remains of my life, it would give me more pleasure to spend some of my money and help us compete in the prem rather than laying in the bank until the day I die.

Oh well, that sounds enough to rule out Cullum then.  

What about Gordon Ramsay, could he not take over from Delia?. It''d at least be a continium on the Scottish football theme...

!

I''m still going to speculate on the idea of Cullum coming here, although I will of course take into account whats been said above (if its genuine). It may not happen soon but I''d like to think it would come off eventually.

Looks like its the Turners for now then, if they buy Delias shares that is.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I just love the way old Cluck tries to con us he''s a captain of industry and stalwart of the Institute of Directors he couldn''t employ a random thought.[/quote]

Exactly my sentiments Rudolph. He tosses out goodies like "I have walked the coporate corridors at Carrow Road while watching all the OTHER hangers-on", or "he knows what it takes to run a business effectively and successfully". He throws out these "gems" while, as a relatively young senior himself that supposedly loves NCFC, pouring nothing but bad news on the club and most other forum posters since almost the time he began posting. I''ve yet to met an effective leader who can impart nothing but bad news. If Cluck is so successful and effective one almost wonders why he has not ventured forth as an investor or participant in a consortium to wrestle Delia to the ground for the club he loves so much.

Incidentally, I said one almost wonders but, being a realist, I''m afraid I know why this is not the case. Poor Cluck. This is the place that he has chosen in life to elevate his own sense of self-importance. Again, and again, and again.......

[/quote]

Oh lovely...both of the forum bigots at once!......

Nice to know that there is indeed life after death....albeit rather Neanderthal.

[quote user="Fluck"]

Some of you live in your own world, it''s not going to happen - EVER.

If it does I''m more than happy to eat my wordds, but I wont have to.

[/quote]

All I mean is I''ll still keep tabs on him incase things suddenly change (it does happen), but for now I will of course rule him out.

The way forward appears to be the Turners (hopefully)