Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

And you thought Dublin was old...

...look who played for Bournemouth tonight at the age of 42 - Norwich City''s former Desperate Dan - Rob Newman.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]...look who played for Bournemouth tonight at the afe of 42 - Norwich City''s former Desperate Dan - Rob Newman.[/quote]

He was managing Cambridge Utd about 2 seasons ago. I''ve rarely heard of an instance where a manager has converted back into a player again.

Sherringham must be nearly 40 surely ? and loads more lower league players but you can''t really play football in the premier league or championship when your that old.

just been reading in the latest four four two magaizne about some manager of an easter european side who at the ripe old age of 56 bought himself off the bench as he wanted to show his players, and the fans "real football"... Rob Newmans a mere baby in Comaprison!

jas :)

Maybe Peter Grant should have brought himself on last night to show our inept players how it was done. Who knows now, he could have played a blinder, scored a hat-trick and kept himself in a job.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

just been reading in the latest four four two magaizne about some manager of an easter european side who at the ripe old age of 56 bought himself off the bench as he wanted to show his players, and the fans "real football"... Rob Newmans a mere baby in Comaprison!

jas :)

[/quote]Make your mind up jas. Is he in a coma or prison ?  lol   [:D]

[quote user="Crouchy"]Sherringham must be nearly 40 surely ? and loads more lower league players but you can''t really play football in the premier league or championship when your that old.[/quote]

Mr Sheringham is 41. 

As a Norwich fan living in Bristol, I watched last night''s rubbish at Loftus Road and tonight''s crap at Rovers - two nights to forget, but Rob Newman brightened it up, even taking the boos of the Rovers fans (as an ex Bristol City player) with a smile. He was sat in the dugout two yards from me, but he couldn''t coach as he was named as a sub - He''s a Norwich legend and I told him so, he said he hopes things improve soon or we''ll be playing Bournemouth!