Sign in to follow this  
canarychris

Earnie, Saf and Dickson

To everybody who said we wouldn''t miss these 3 players because we had strenghtened the squad can you tell me where, in fact i could have headed this up ''Thorne, Hughes and Louis-Jean'' and made the same arguement!!!!

I have been happy to let Grant build his own team and have tried not to judge, sorry Granty this IS your team and it doesn''t look any better than what u took over a year ago. U r out of your depth, please go now.

[quote user="canarychris"]

To everybody who said we wouldn''t miss these 3 players because we had strenghtened the squad can you tell me where, in fact i could have headed this up ''Thorne, Hughes and Louis-Jean'' and made the same arguement!!!!

I have been happy to let Grant build his own team and have tried not to judge, sorry Granty this IS your team and it doesn''t look any better than what u took over a year ago. U r out of your depth, please go now.

[/quote]

Totally agree mate.

The three replacements for the players you mention are nowhere near as good. I said so at the time and was shouted down. Granty''s buys make Worthy look like a genius.

[quote user="canarychris"]and it would appear even Hucks agrees with me!!!![/quote]

Anybody with the first idea of how to build a successful football team would agree with you too CHRIS!!!  [;)]

Amazing how most on this board were pleased to see both Saf and Dickson go and hailed the new signings as better players tho... 

I was sorry that we lost Etuhu, but not Safri or Earnshaw. Etuhu had shown a great improvement towards the end of last season, and now I think I know why. Just remind me, how are Safri and Earnshaw doing these days?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Amazing how most on this board were pleased to see both Saf and Dickson go and hailed the new signings as better players tho... [/quote]

Just goes to show how wrong they all were.

[quote user="canarychris"]

[/quote]

Sorry, correct me if I''m wrong here, but did we not finish in 16th place last season with those three same players??

Brellier I''m not too sure about, but Cureton and Russell for definite do actually want to play for the team and NOT for themselves.

Yes it''s Granty''s team, yes the team performances have been poor, but it is going to take a bit of time you know - and it''s a marathon, not a sprint...

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="canarychris"]

[/quote]

Sorry, correct me if I''m wrong here, but did we not finish in 16th place last season with those three same players??

Brellier I''m not too sure about, but Cureton and Russell for definite do actually want to play for the team and NOT for themselves.

Yes it''s Granty''s team, yes the team performances have been poor, but it is going to take a bit of time you know - and it''s a marathon, not a sprint...

[/quote]

So what if Cureton and Russell want to play for the team? I want to play for Norwich, doesn''t mean I should. But yeah...it is always nice to have players who put in a shift for the team...if they have the quality to go with it.

I''d never in a million years take Cureton over Earnshaw, it''s a step back. Not that we had a choice in selling Earnie. Curetons performances have been lazy, hardly full of passion.

Etuhu has moved on to play in the Premiership after being bought by manager who was one of the Premierships best ever midfielders. Rusty has moved from one Championship side to another and Brellier has come from the SPL to play in the Championship, not the Premiership.

As for Safri...there was never really a problem with him until Peter Grant came along and then all of a sudden he''s some kind of disgrace.

Whilst it is correct that it appears the current crop are not up to making us any better, please don''t forget that with the previous players IE Etuhu, Safri, Hughes, Robinson, Mckenzie etc, we also experienced a very similar situation against Burnley. I seem to remember that being the worst we had aver played at the time. I also recall a sorry journey home from Selhurst Park after a complete thrashing and embarressing day. Now is definately no better but I can''t say it is any worse. I feel we have done alot of business but with no real progression.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="canarychris"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yet another lame call for yet "more time"......

If Grant was any good he would have motivated the players Worthington left behind...but instead he deflated them and knocked what limited flair they had out of them.

Grant is just another of Smith''s managerial failures.....and he wouldn''t make a decent manager if you gave him 5 years.

Be impressed by the 16th place he bungled last year....cos it aint gonna be anywhere near as good this time round.......

[quote user="Old Boy"]I was sorry that we lost Etuhu, but not Safri or Earnshaw. Etuhu had shown a great improvement towards the end of last season, and now I think I know why. Just remind me, how are Safri and Earnshaw doing these days?
[/quote]

Safri is doing ok from what I hear, has played all 7 games for the Saints and is popular with the fans. (My friends daughter lives down there and supports them)

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="canarychris"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So what if Cureton and Russell want to play for the team? I want to play for Norwich, doesn''t mean I should. But yeah...it is always nice to have players who put in a shift for the team...if they have the quality to go with it.

But they do have the quality, they''ve shown that more than once and they will do so again.

I''d never in a million years take Cureton over Earnshaw, it''s a step back. Not that we had a choice in selling Earnie. Curetons performances have been lazy, hardly full of passion.

Oh right, so it has absolutely nothing to do at all with the lack of supply coming from midfield and the wings then, no??

Etuhu has moved on to play in the Premiership after being bought by manager who was one of the Premierships best ever midfielders. Rusty has moved from one Championship side to another and Brellier has come from the SPL to play in the Championship, not the Premiership.

I couldn''t care less about Etuhu playing in the Premiership. The fact is, he was far too inconsistent, lazy and disinterested with us. I don''t want players like that in my team, do you? Darel Russell puts his heart and soul in every game (bar Wolves) and comes up with the goods in the role that he plays. I can''t really ask for that much more from him. Brellier has been OK overall, but not as effective, so will need more games. It''ll be interesting to see if he gets those games when Smith and Fozzy are both fit again.

As for Safri...there was never really a problem with him until Peter Grant came along and then all of a sudden he''s some kind of disgrace.

As for Safri...yes there WAS a problem with him before Grant - as I hear that Worthless had problems with him as well - probably something to do with nearly always coming back from African Nations Cup duty either injured or flippin'' tired! How many games do you think he''ll take part in for Burley this season 20? 30 at most, with Ramadan as well? And what kind of player rings his manager up before a training session saying something like "Sorry, can''t make it today boss, got to pick up my agent"? And what kind of player turns up late for a team photo (5 mins or 5 hours, it doesn''t matter), when they are quite clearly told by their manager what time to be there for?

Not a committed or interested one, methinks.

[/quote]

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]Whilst it is correct that it appears the current crop are not up to making us any better, please don''t forget that with the previous players IE Etuhu, Safri, Hughes, Robinson, Mckenzie etc, we also experienced a very similar situation against Burnley. I seem to remember that being the worst we had aver played at the time. I also recall a sorry journey home from Selhurst Park after a complete thrashing and embarressing day. Now is definately no better but I can''t say it is any worse. I feel we have done alot of business but with no real progression.[/quote]

Too true YR, it seems that some posters have some very short memories doesn''t it?

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="canarychris"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But they do have the quality, they''ve shown that more than once and they will do so again.

Oh right, so it has absolutely nothing to do at all with the lack of supply coming from midfield and the wings then, no??

I couldn''t care less about Etuhu playing in the Premiership. The fact is, he was far too inconsistent, lazy and disinterested with us. I don''t want players like that in my team, do you? Darel Russell puts his heart and soul in every game (bar Wolves) and comes up with the goods in the role that he plays. I can''t really ask for that much more from him. Brellier has been OK overall, but not as effective, so will need more games. It''ll be interesting to see if he gets those games when Smith and Fozzy are both fit again.

As for Safri...yes there WAS a problem with him before Grant - as I hear that Worthless had problems with him as well - probably something to do with nearly always coming back from African Nations Cup duty either injured or flippin'' tired! How many games do you think he''ll take part in for Burley this season 20? 30 at most, with Ramadan as well? And what kind of player rings his manager up before a training session saying something like "Sorry, can''t make it today boss, got to pick up my agent"? And what kind of player turns up late for a team photo (5 mins or 5 hours, it doesn''t matter), when they are quite clearly told by their manager what time to be there for?

Not a committed or interested one, methinks.

[/quote][/quote]

I''ll agree that we haven''t provided enough options in attack but there''s no doubt that Cureton has been lazy for Norwich since his return. People slated Earnie for not being a team player but the lad worked harder to put himself in the right places than Cureton has. If you think otherwise I think you''re probably not seeing things the way they are.

I do like Darel Russell don''t get me wrong on that but the thing with him is that he does lack a bit of consistent quality. Good little player and lots of energy but he just lacks that little bit of cutting edge, hence why he''s moved from Norwich to Stoke and back to Norwich. Sideways, not up.

As for Dickson... yeah he failed to turn up far too often. But he''s a good player and that''s why he''s moved upwards. Like Earnshaw he knew Norwich aren''t going anywhere at the moment.

And yes we all know Safri hardly ever stays fit and hardly ever plays a game which is why he probably played in about 40 games for us last season. Blah blah blah. As for the team photo, have you ever considered the possibility that Safri already knew he was sold so Peter Grant took the opportunity to slate him. I remember a time when Safri was a crowd favourite and maybe the manager wanted to ensure he avoided criticism for selling the player by painting a bad picture of him. Not saying that''s the case but I think it''d be naive just to assume Safri was in the wrong.

Oh and for the record...I don''t think Safri had his best season last time round but I still think he''d be a decent player for Norwich.

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Spot on. I wanna be your mate......