Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

How many many centre backs...

Do we have to be down to before we get a replacement?

If you read this PG, I''m tired of you sitting on your hands bleating about how difficult it is to get a centre half while our season goes down the pan.

Sort it out and do your job.

And I''m sick and tired of reading garbage like this that infers that quality centre halves are freely available for virtually nothing, and that our manager is incompetent for not tapping into this ''vast resource''.

The fact is that what''s available is either not good enough, no better than we have, or better than we have but massively overpriced.

When figures like £3 million are being bandied about for players like Callum Davenport, you know something is seriously wrong.

Still, Grant could always go out and buy an unproven foreigner cheaply, although he''ll get slated for doing it before they''ve even pulled up at Colney.

Face facts, the situation is crappy, we do need more cover and a better centre half, but there''s no quick fix to this, and the sooner we stop this incessant whinging about it the better.

Sam Sodge On Loan from Reading???????

On the bench for Charlton tonight, could have had 1st team football at Norwich. I''m sure would have been affordable.

And dont say well he''s on the bench cos he aint gd enough, i''d more than happily take either of charltons first choice centre halfs as well!

Then don''t read it.

I didn''t infer that they are freely available or cheap. I said that Peter Grant needs to sort the centre half problem. This should have been sorted in the summer.

Better than what we have!!!!, ie one injured, one 38 and one who belongs on Brighton beach. 

Only one load of garbage here IB

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

And I''m sick and tired of reading garbage like this that infers that quality centre halves are freely available for virtually nothing, and that our manager is incompetent for not tapping into this ''vast resource''.

The fact is that what''s available is either not good enough, no better than we have, or better than we have but massively overpriced.

When figures like £3 million are being bandied about for players like Callum Davenport, you know something is seriously wrong.

Still, Grant could always go out and buy an unproven foreigner cheaply, although he''ll get slated for doing it before they''ve even pulled up at Colney.

Face facts, the situation is crappy, we do need more cover and a better centre half, but there''s no quick fix to this, and the sooner we stop this incessant whinging about it the better.

[/quote]

Seriously doubt that INDY and if that is what you believe then I feel truly sorry for you.

We have better than Doherty at the club already... I mean lets face it you could hardly find a worse centre back if you trawled around all the reserve teams in this division.

He has been simply awful since the day that he joined the club and has been one of the underlying reasons why City have failed to perform during the last 3 years or so.

Quite simply the Doc should of been one of the first players to be shown the door in the summer and it absolutely astounds me that he is still here!!!

this cost thing drives me mad, we need a centre back urgently we are going nowhere except down, speculate to accumulate, jez, i am losing the will to live, we will not get top six with the rubbish we have, supporters are getting fed up, check the proportion of Grant outers after last night''s joke of a performance, soon fans will vote with there feet, then money for a good centre half will look like peanuts.

No more excuses from the board. We need a centre half.

I''m tired of all these lame reasons why we cant get player y and x.

Simply if you want to be top 6 then show some bloody ambition.

Last night sums up what this season will aspire to.

The Doc is simply another Titus Bramble. Alright for a bit then loses total concentration.

It has been this way for the duarion of his time here.

Spillane and Shackell on Saturday.

I will question Grants tactics, why was Brown upfront. No goals to his name. Me no understand.

[quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"]No more excuses from the board. We need a centre half.The Doc is simply another Titus Bramble. Alright for a bit then loses total concentration.[/quote]So Doherty is no better than Bramble, the same Bramble that commanded a £5 million transfer to Newcastle...If £5 million buys you utter crap, how much do you genuinely need to spend to obtain quality???Top defenders aren''t ten a penny and neither are they cheap, the sooner more fans can start to accept this harsh fact no matter how unpleasant it may be the better.It is time to give the likes of Spillane a chance, but that''s only because we don''t have the cash to do anything else.Who knows, the much awaited loan signing of someone like Cahill etc could be announced soon?

Yer cause you would no smudger,being such a loyal supporter n all!!! when did you last goto a match by the way, oh yer 4 years ago wasnt it??