Sign in to follow this  
Jonncfc

Singing - no imagination

Having listened to the Palace support yesterday it made me realise just how tired our repertoire of songs has become.  All we ever sing is OTBC and Y''Army.  What the hell is a "Y''Army" anyway - stupid chant if you ask me (yes, I know it''s a "clever" joining together of the 2 words "Yellow" and "Army" into a nice bite-size chunk).  OTBC is a song that we can be proud of but not when it''s repeated over and over again ad infinitum.  Can''t we be a bit more imaginative?

"Food Glorious Food" from the musical ''Oliver'' sung by the Barclay - would be most uplifting.....(if only for Delia).

I have a few fellow football chums (gasp shock horror!) who support other Chumpionship sides and are from other areas of our fine country, who really envy and applaud - not only our home, but our away support strength.......But they do bring it to my attention, that we''re lacking in the variety and quantity in the ''singy songy an'' chanty wanty'' department. "Don''t yez sing owt else other than ''On da bawl seety?"

Although, residing in the City Stand, where the occasional deathly silence is broken by a rasping cough before the release of a ''Docker''s Oyster, the rustle of cough sweetie wrappers, a staccato of some old boys/girls breaking wind, the clickety clack of knitting needles (nice pattern, but a very 70''s cardi Mrs Bartholemew)........and the shuffling of carpet slippers, I''m not one who has the right to criticise and complain.

It would be tremendous though, if we could expand our hymn sheets and sing a few more anthems an'' stuff.........if only to keep some of the comatose dozing relics sat around me..........awake.[|-)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

"Food Glorious Food" from the musical ''Oliver'' sung by the Barclay - would be most uplifting.....(if only for Delia).

I have a few fellow football chums (gasp shock horror!) who support other Chumpionship sides and are from other areas of our fine country, who really envy and applaud - not only our home, but our away support strength.......But they do bring it to my attention, that we''re lacking in the variety and quantity in the ''singy songy an'' chanty wanty'' department. "Don''t yez sing owt else other than ''On da bawl seety?"

Although, residing in the City Stand, where the occasional deathly silence is broken by a rasping cough before the release of a ''Docker''s Oyster, the rustle of cough sweetie wrappers, a staccato of some old boys/girls breaking wind, the clickety clack of knitting needles (nice pattern, but a very 70''s cardi Mrs Bartholemew)........and the shuffling of carpet slippers, I''m not one who has the right to criticise and complain.

It would be tremendous though, if we could expand our hymn sheets and sing a few more anthems an'' stuff.........if only to keep some of the comatose dozing relics sat around me..........awake.[|-)]

[/quote]

LMFAO!![:D][:D][:D]

Classic post Mello, very funny and probably very true[:D]

I''ve gotta say, it''s been a bit quiet in the Lower Barclay too - but then that''s hardly surprising really, given the performances that we''ve witnessed.

Mello Yello wrote the following post at 16/09/2007 10:30 AM:

It would be tremendous though, if we could expand our hymn sheets and sing a few more anthems an'' stuff.........if only to keep some of the comatose dozing relics sat around me..........awake.Sleep [|-)]

LMAO

I can''t remember the Palace support being particuarly memorable, though to be fair to them they did bring a few more than recent opposition.

I seem to remember the LB singing OTBC, Green Flag, Yellow Army, new song for Dave the Striker, Hucks song, City till I die, Come on you Yellows, We are Norwich.....not too bad. Maybe it''s just the area where I am, but heard the Snakepit in good voice too.

What is sung usually goes with what''s on the pitch. Still, come on everyone, isn''t it a lot better than this time last year (Worthy Out and in fighting between fellow supporters?).

I''m sure the singing will improve when the players give us something to sing about. It''s hard to get a decent atmosphere going when you''re watching Sunday League Football

We miss players like McVeigh and Malky who used to have their own songs, who are we gonna sing for now? ostememmemborororor? Ahhh the good ol'' days.... of 4 seasons ago.

Now that Rusty is back, need to rekindle the "da da da da da da da da da, da da da da da Daryl Russell" - to the tune of Spanish Hustle.