Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Ryan Jarvis

Good luck to him, it''s an opportunity to impress.

It''s funny how we do far more business with Scottish sides isn''t it?

Personally I think the Jarvis lads don''t quite cut the mustard, and will end up disappearing the same way as Ian Henderson. If they were really good enough, they would have had a lot more 1st team football by now. Worryingly we don''t seem to have many potential stars in the academy at all.

[quote user="Peter Grunt"]

Worryingly we don''t seem to have many potential stars in the academy at all.

[/quote]

don''t you rate Martin? or Spillane

This could be "make or break" for him. Many people feel that he has the skills, as he demonstrated in the recent Reserve game. What he lacks is aggression and commitment, and a willingness to chase down balls and run at defenders.Perhaps he will find the more aggressive stance, avoid sitting on the bench at Kilmarnock, and return a much more competitive player. On the other hand.....We obviously cannot really keep him on the payroll as reserve, even if his wages are reasonable, with little prospect of regular first team football. We now have a larger usable squad, with several strikers in front of him. He could be needed in a few years if Curo, Dave, and perhaps Martin have gone, but there is a crop of good youngsters coming through....My betting is that he will not discover the mental attitude within himself, and will not be with us much longer. This would be a pity.

[quote user="NCFC_Chris"][quote user="Peter Grunt"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I Agree NCFC_Chris,

I feel that we have some of the best potential players around now that the acamdy has produced for the first time in years!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Martin is now a fully fledged professional and no longer in the academy, so I didn''t mean him in my comment. My books out on Spillane, as I have not seen enough of him, but I know he''s not got potential to be better than what we have already. My comments are generally refering to the age decent players can begin first team level at any standard from Prem to League 2. It''s not uncommon for good 18-19 year old lads to be holding a regular first team place if they are good enough. Maybe Bally Smart and Joe Lewis have the potential but it''s hard to see any of them breaking through to the first team soon. 

I know I bring my site up a lot, but I am quite proud of the headline I came up with for this story...

At least if he is up there until January he may come back with a Scottish accent. He might then move up the pecking order ! If the club are still looking for a tune to run out onto the pitch to, how about  "Flower of Scotland"

[/quote]

[/quote]

or bally smart, halliday, cave brown, renton ....

I like this move, it''s a harder level than Leyton Orient and he''ll have better players to play with....

....I think this is his last chance to impress