Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Straight from the horses mouth.

Can you believe this?

From BBC Sports

Norwich manager Peter Grant:
"I''m very disappointed, and would have been disappointed if we had taken only one point.

"I thought we matched everything they had, but both of their goals came as a result of us giving away possession.

"We threw everything at them in an effort to win the game, and we ended up with four strikers on the pitch. I thought we dealt with them comfortably and were always a threat."

I like Peter''s passion, but sometimes I wonder, I really do.

[:''(]

OTBC

He saw a different game to me, as for having 4 strikers on the pitch Dion came on in the 68th minute and for some strange reason Dave Striker was brought on in the 88th minute!

As for dealing with them comfortably Windass ran rings round our two central defenders.

[quote user="C.T"]He does seem to have a somewhat strange view  of games...[/quote]

As did the previous manager. He at times appeared to be commenting about a totally different match to the one that I''d been to.

To be fair I thought that for the vast majority of the match we were very comfortable. Once we equalised I thought there was only going to be one winner and their goal came out of nothing. We certainly were not under the cosh at any time.

My biggest concern at present is that we never seem to come out after half time and really up our game. We seem to come on strong in  the last 30 minutes but he doesn''t seem to get them fired up at half time. makes you wonder what he says!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Can you believe this?

From BBC Sports

"I''m very disappointed, and would have been disappointed if we had taken only one point.

"I thought we matched everything they had, but both of their goals came as a result of us giving away possession.

"We threw everything at them in an effort to win the game, and we ended up with four strikers on the pitch. I thought we dealt with them comfortably and were always a threat."

I like Peter''s passion, but sometimes I wonder, I really do.

[:''(]

OTBC

[/quote] The majority of fans who went yesterday all say we didn''t deserve anything from the game. Our midfield is absolute rubbish and only Russell is worthy of wearing the yellow shirt. Lappin is just not good enough on the left wing, never runs at defenders. This is what wingers are supposed to do. The same could be said of croft. He seems to do very little and again i say he is not good enough. Brellier who i beleive will be good when he is fit and settled but he is taking his time to find his form. Russell is the only one in are midfield who is trying but is not getting any help from the other midfielders. We need Hucks back fit now, and will still need a creative midfielder. Can''t understand why we are not playing Chadwick in centre midfield or instead of croft on the right. PG thinks he knows best and the results speak for themselves!

BlyBlyBabes wrote

Can you believe this?

From BBC Sports

The Pink un says we had 2 (YES 2) shots on target - thats what you call throwing everything at them Eh Peter ??

[quote user="cityangel"]

He saw a different game to me, as for having 4 strikers on the pitch Dion came on in the 68th minute and for some strange reason Dave Striker was brought on in the 88th minute!

As for dealing with them comfortably Windass ran rings round our two central defenders.

[/quote]not sure what Dean Windass you were lookin at, he seemed mediocre to me, which makes the result harder to swallow. I think a draw would have been a fair reflection.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

not sure what Dean Windass you were lookin at, he seemed mediocre to me, which makes the result harder to swallow. I think a draw would have been a fair reflection.
[/quote]

Of course he only scored a corker and set up their winner in a 2-1 win. That''s all. Very mediocre!

Get real.

That''s what players like Windass do. They change games. Even at near 40.

Martin O''Neill knew it - and that episode was just about the biggest mistake in City''s history.

OTBC

It seems to me that PG has to respond to a media invitatation to sum up the match.  He does not make any sense at all to me.  He so often says about his players, they keep making he wrong decisions in play( as does he in interviews).  Truely, he has passion in abundance, but the mixed messages, and contradictory statements, tells me that he would come over much better with fewer words, and if he garbles on like that in the dressing room at half time it, to me is no wonder that  the players come out with a dazed and confused attitude.  Wiz says he has a plan, I''m sure he does,  he would be better if he could explain to the team what it is!!!!OTBC!!!

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

not sure what Dean Windass you were lookin at, he seemed mediocre to me, which makes the result harder to swallow. I think a draw would have been a fair reflection.
[/quote]

If he was mediocre then god knows what it says about Shackell and Doc. I spent much of the game shouting mark him, somebody mark him! Even Neil Adams in the EEN tonight thought Windass played well, plus he scored one and set the other up.

I dont think we deserved a draw by any stretch of the imagination.