Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Hughes gone ??

"BECAUSE THE BUYING CLUB DECIDES WHETHER OR NOT TO DISCLOSE THE FEE.  Nice try with the cheap shot though." says Jimmy500Actually that''s the complete opposite of what Neil Doncaster said in the recent Q&A when we were the buying club:

Q: Richard Pryor

"Neil, why are some transfer fees "undisclosed". Norwich are not the

only club to do this by any means but you say you wish to show

transparency to supporters. Who decides when transfer fees remain

undisclosed?"

Neil: "Football League regulations require all transfer fees to be

undisclosed, but this rule is honoured as much in the breach as in the

observance. The selling club has the final say as to whether a fee is

disclosed or not. If they wish for the fee to be undisclosed, typically

they will insert a clause in the transfer agreement binding us to keep

it secret. We are keen to be as transparent as possible to supporters,

but sometimes we are prevented from being as transparent as we would

like."

Still, nice try at shooting down the ''cheap shot'' though.

;o)

i am not happy that hughes has been sold it is dissapioting when people talk about passion for playing for the club he showed that, he wasnt that bad he made some tackles made some runs, he wasnt the best but he was good enough

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]i am not happy that hughes has been sold it is dissapioting when people talk about passion for playing for the club he showed that, he wasnt that bad he made some tackles made some runs, he wasnt the best but he was good enough
[/quote]

He was never good enough for us and if you thought that he was then you need to raise your standards a bit higher.  If you paid me 6k a week I would play with passion and win ''some'' tackles.

YEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best piece of transfer news all summer. He''s finally found his level, bottom of the third.

[quote user="jetstream"]"BECAUSE THE BUYING CLUB DECIDES WHETHER OR NOT TO DISCLOSE THE FEE.  Nice try with the cheap shot though." says Jimmy500

Actually that''s the complete opposite of what Neil Doncaster said in the recent Q&A when we were the buying club:

Q: Richard Pryor

"Neil, why are some transfer fees "undisclosed". Norwich are not the only club to do this by any means but you say you wish to show transparency to supporters. Who decides when transfer fees remain undisclosed?"

Neil: "Football League regulations require all transfer fees to be undisclosed, but this rule is honoured as much in the breach as in the observance. The selling club has the final say as to whether a fee is disclosed or not. If they wish for the fee to be undisclosed, typically they will insert a clause in the transfer agreement binding us to keep it secret. We are keen to be as transparent as possible to supporters, but sometimes we are prevented from being as transparent as we would like."

Still, nice try at shooting down the ''cheap shot'' though.

;o)

[/quote]

Whoops, a large slice of humble please with custard.  TAXI......

Hughes has suffered the boo boys both here and at Reading, his last Championship club.  He is not a Championship standard player.  I''m sure he will do a decent job in the lower divisions where his effort and running will make up for his limited ability.

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]i am not happy that hughes has been sold it is dissapioting when people talk about passion for playing for the club he showed that, he wasnt that bad he made some tackles made some runs, he wasnt the best but he was good enough
[/quote]

Sorry but he is not good enough which is why he is dropping a league.

[quote user="jetstream"]

Neil: "Football League regulations require all transfer fees to be undisclosed, but this rule is honoured as much in the breach as in the observance. The selling club has the final say as to whether a fee is disclosed or not. If they wish for the fee to be undisclosed, typically they will insert a clause in the transfer agreement binding us to keep it secret. We are keen to be as transparent as possible to supporters, but sometimes we are prevented from being as transparent as we would like."

[/quote]

As the selling club, I wonder what''s preventing us from "being as transparent as we would like" with the sales of Safri and Hughes?

....2 players that cost the club over a million to bring in, being let go for a fraction of that maybe?