Sign in to follow this  
cambscanary

michael mancienne

i''ll be honest i''m getting my knowledge of him from football manager but he''s a young centre half. Jimmy Smith''s best friend (as he said in the press conference). We have strong links with Chelsea (as PG siad in the press conference)..........................................................maybe..................................maybe............

[quote user="cambscanary"]i''ll be honest i''m getting my knowledge of him from football manager but he''s a young centre half. Jimmy Smith''s best friend (as he said in the press conference). We have strong links with Chelsea (as PG siad in the press conference)..........................................................maybe..................................maybe............[/quote]

As ive said on a couple of other posts he''s a decent player who was on loan @ QPR last season too, not sure if we could get him as I read somewhere he was lined up to go to Watford on a season long loan - perhaps his best mate can put a word in!?

CRS

oh fantastic... a midfielder on loan followed by a centre back on loan... just what we need!!!

How about Doomcaster Delia & Co find what they have done with the £1.5million from the dickson sale & the remainder of the Earnshaw cash and get it spent on a couple of quality PERMANENT SIGNINGS????  [:@]

[quote user="Smudger"]

oh fantastic... a midfielder on loan followed by a centre back on loan... just what we need!!!

How about Doomcaster Delia & Co find what they have done with the £1.5million from the dickson sale & the remainder of the Earnshaw cash and get it spent on a couple of quality PERMANENT SIGNINGS????  [:@]

[/quote]

yawn yawn.....Crouch on loan,Hucks on loan, Harper on loan and Cooper on loan......we all know what happened next!!

If short term measures bring us success then so be it. But then again Smudge....u would still moan at that!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I agree (a 1st) we do need permanant signings especially as te back but I bet Mancienne would do a better job than Donkey over the course of the season!!

CRS

[quote user="thenut"]

Yea get him in he gets awesome on football manger lol.

as does another chelsea youthy Ben Sahar.

[/quote]In my game Harry Worley became better than Mancienne. By the age of 24 he was England Captain! That was a one off, Mancienne is usually brilliant!

I think Mancienne seems a good one for the future but at this moment in time we need an older, more experienced player. I''d sacrifice a small amount of ability to bring in a leader and an organiser, someone who can get our defence playing as a single unit. Not a bad idea to get him in as cover but even though he has undoubted potential, we need an experienced pro (unusual for me to say that, I don''t normally like seeing us buy what could be considered as ''older'' players)

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

yawn yawn.....Crouch on loan,Hucks on loan, Harper on loan and Cooper on loan......we all know what happened next!!

If short term measures bring us success then so be it. But then again Smudge....u would still moan at that!

[/quote]

Yeah, but yeah, but no but...  don''t forget that Hucks, Crouch and Harper were added to a squad that had finished in 8th place and 6th place (losing out on promotion in the play-of final) the two previous seasons prior to their arrival.

Where as any loan signings joining this lot will be joining a group that finished 16th last season and flirted with relegation.

Rather a difference wouldn''t you say???

Hang on Smudge, think with the 7 players already in this summer that its hardly the same group of players that finished 16th last season.

How about being positive about something for once, you must lead a very very sad life if even something like football gets you so pessimistic!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, but yeah, but no but...  don''t forget that Hucks, Crouch and Harper were added to a squad that had finished in 8th place and 6th place (losing out on promotion in the play-of final) the two previous seasons prior to their arrival.

Where as any loan signings joining this lot will be joining a group that finished 16th last season and flirted with relegation.

Rather a difference wouldn''t you say???

[/quote]

Being negative for negative''s sake!  When somebody comes up with a good, constructive argument to your views why do you always feel the need to come up with some bulls**t response? Do you actually believe the rubbish that you write, or do you only do it to wind us all up?!!

[quote]oh fantastic... a midfielder on loan followed by a centre back on loan... just what we need!!![/quote]Birmingham did very nicely out of a striker and a midfielder on loan from Arsenal last season.  Like it or not if you want the best young talent, you need contacts with a top 4 club.  Looks like we have that with Chelsea.

just joined qpr back on loan shame realy thought grant would have tried to get him in seeing as we still have not brought a defender in

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]oh fantastic... a midfielder on loan followed by a centre back on loan... just what we need!!![/quote]

Birmingham did very nicely out of a striker and a midfielder on loan from Arsenal last season.  Like it or not if you want the best young talent, you need contacts with a top 4 club.  Looks like we have that with Chelsea.
[/quote]

He''s gone back to QPR, Damn!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/6908888.stm

CRS