Sign in to follow this  
henners

Richard Wright anyone????

Surely he could do a job for us and would cost us nothing? I would hope the fact that he is ex-Ipswich would not prevent us going in for him. I see they are sniffing around but surely we would be a better proposition???

Go for him Granty!

I agree Angel, come on, what''s going on!  First suggestions to sign practically anyone who''s ever played for Norwich, understandable I suppose

Then this.....how low could we go?  Not much. This is a man who feel out of his loft and injured himself  (safe hands) .....do we really need him here....I can still here the songs about him.  NO and NO and NO....

I think that''s pretty harsh... Four or five years ago he was probably just about the best young English keeper around, but since then he''s been plagued by injuries, lost form and struggled to find regular first team places in the Prem. Having said that, he''s probably still better than Gallacher. However, I''d be more worried by his injury-proneness than his ties to Ipswich.

Was going to suggest the same thing myself ROB... but didn''t you just know what people on here would say before you even mentioned the idea???

Think he is far better than what we have and is available on a FREE so why not???  [Y]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Was going to suggest the same thing myself ROB... but didn''t you just know what people on here would say before you even mentioned the idea???

Think he is far better than what we have and is available on a FREE so why not???  [Y]

[/quote]Because some people would rather not sink to the level of signing binner rejects that no one else wants, and he ain''t all that.

[quote user="burn down the ipswich"]oh my god have you ever seen him play???? what a waste of space. free!!! i wouldnt even go for him if we were paid to take him.[/quote]

I''d pay him to stay away!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Because some people would rather not sink to the level of signing binner rejects that no one else wants, and he ain''t all that.

[/quote]

Soem people would rather be finishing below the binners again however...

Still better than Gallagher (our current number one keeper of choice), is available on a FREE... so I rest my case... what is the harm in making an enquiry for him???

Unless we offer the deal that Celtic are seeking to tempt Marshall away... then we do not have too many better options available to us do we???

Trevor Putney played for Ipswich for many years... he still done a fine job in yellow & green however... what is the harm in signing an ex-binner???