Sign in to follow this  
Gingembre

....to all of you slating Earnie, I have a Q?

If you were offered a move to a bigger firm with a payrise etc, would you turn it down?Can you say, hand on heart you don''t wish to rise within your current profession?Be honest guys (and gals)............and before you all start shouting at me about football being different from your job, just remember football is only their job and a short lived career at that. I also think it was ill advised of him to come out with that.

TBH, if i was Earnie i think i would have to leave because at the end of the day i can''t see us getting back in the premiership next season.

Many teams would probably say now or never so they don''t make the same mistake we did with earnshaw, waiting till january would thus not be an option.

Hopefully if he does leave sharp or whoever his replacement is can be more successful than Earnie has been. Which is pretty hard to beat in terms of goalscoring.

I agree mate have no problem with earnie''s comments at all.  He wants to play in the premiership like any other player and he has been honest enough to say that.  I am sure Earnie wants it to be with us and if this club shows amibtion in the transfer market by some good buys than I am sure he will give us a chance.  Also I am sure he would love to play with Sharp should we get him let''s just wait and see whatever happens I won''t be slating a player just because he is honest.  Even if he does leave he has been fanstastic and I should think we will make a decent profit. 

It was ill advised, but honest, and you have to respect him for that. Lets face it, we arent the biggest club out there, and he is ambitious.

Lets hope he makes it come true with Billy Sharp alongside him and we are challenging next year.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I agree mate have no problem with earnie''s comments at all.  He wants to play in the premiership like any other player and he has been honest enough to say that.  I am sure Earnie wants it to be with us and if this club shows amibtion in the transfer market by some good buys than I am sure he will give us a chance.  Also I am sure he would love to play with Sharp should we get him let''s just wait and see whatever happens I won''t be slating a player just because he is honest.  Even if he does leave he has been fanstastic and I should think we will make a decent profit. [/quote]

I agree with everything you''ve said, i''m sure that if you asked many players deep down they''d agree that they all dream of playing in the premiership.....Look at Nugent

Of course we''d prefer him to say

"I love playing at Norwich, I believe we can get into the Premiership. I''d love to be in the Premiership again, I''m not going to deny that but I am a Norwich City player and I am here to help Norwich get back where they belong, in the Premiership. Unless the board want to sell me, I am happy to be in yellow and green."

However it''s better than

"I''ve enjoyed my time here at Norwich, but now I think my heart belongs in the Premiership, I wont give 100% for Norwich until I play in the Premiership. I''m getting to the prime of my career and I am a very ambitious player and I can''t see my future lying at Norwich."

''All men wanna be rich,

rich men wanna be king,

and the king aint satisfied,

til he rules everything''

Cannot slate the guy for wanting to reach for the highest he possibly can. Anybody who does take umbridge at his words must surely be content with mediocrity in their own lives??