Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Boro hold the key

Although not connected with City but important on who we get to play next season.  Boro play Wigan next week with nothing to play for.  W Ham got away with noy having points deducted unlike Boro couple of years ago and got relegated, will they feel aggrieved certainly hope so, a chance to stuff it up the Premier League.  Wigan to win.  If W Ham do win v Bolton then Fulham likely to be in trouble but playing Boro last game.

W Ham or Fulham who cares, but the cheats should go.  Dat out in London better than wet Wigan next year. 

I may be one of the few who would prefer to see Wigan relegated. A team who can''t even attract our lowest gate of the season to watch them play Arsenal - and that is one of their highest gates! 14,000 or there abouts.

That is simply dissgraceful. They are an example of an old 3rd division team with few supporters and are only where they are because of a ritch sugar daddy.

I agree, would like to see both wigan (location) and west ham (cheats, supported by numpties) down and charlton staying up

Boro were demoted in 1997 for failing to fulfil a fixture at Blackburn.  The original game was cancelled as Boro claimed that they had insufficient players due to illness.  The irony is that they lost the replayed game and were relegated because of the deduction of three points.  The relegation cost them players such as Ravenelli and Juninho.

Small wonder on Teesside that there is disbelief that a flagrant breaking of the rules by West Ham gets a relative slap on the wrist whereas the inability to raise a team is punished by points deduction.  Let''s be honest there is one rule for the London teams and one for the others.  As Paul Jewell said yesterday what would have happened if he had played and ineligible player.

I believe that promotion and relegation should be decided on the field of play but having set precedents with other clubs Boro, Accrington Stanley etc why should West Ham be treated differently.

[quote user="7rew"]I agree, would like to see both wigan (location) and west ham (cheats, supported by numpties) down and charlton staying up
[/quote]

hehehe... would like to see you say that to a Hammes fans face 7rew!!!  Am sure there would be [:''(]

Quoting Maximo Park eh Smoodge??

Months ago I thought it would be excellent (if unlikely) that West Ham and Wigan went down. TBH I''m not a great Fulham fan either, so one or more of those to go down would be a result.

West Ham have received a ridiculous favour from their recent hearing, so it would fitting if they ended up relegated. Wigan would be my second choice, although they will struggle next season if they stay up anyway.

With Derby slipping up and Leeds going down (I honestly thought it would be Hull), I seem to be getting the results I want [:D]

(...except for my own team being any good of course... [:$]) 

[quote user="Cloughie"]

I believe that promotion and relegation should be decided on the field of play but having set precedents with other clubs Boro, Accrington Stanley etc why should West Ham be treated differently.

[/quote]

From Fiver: "Crucially, however, they escaped a points deduction, which means they may still keep their lucrative place in the Premiership. And if they do survive, a club that didn''t knowingly smuggle two internationals into the league will have to be demoted instead. Justice? Well, it is according to West Ham. "Promotion and relegation should be decided on the pitch", a club suit staggered, neglecting to add: "unless the pitch is full of players who''ve no right to be there"."