Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

The new away kit is RED!

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]Our first promotion to the old Division One was achieved with the boys playing in RED. (1-1 draw at Watford) So its the best away strip color for me... Shame about those socks though - yuck![/quote]I like the socks the most LOL.

I''ve got that dark green one with the lotus emblem - that''s the best away kit we''ve had in years. I wear it loads.    

I think the kit was brilliant, I love the collar design although it''s like a copy of adidas, also the socks was liked a copy of puma...

I will buy 2 short sleeved shirts, 1 long sleeved shirt, 1 shorts and a 1 pair of socks! Come on you Canary Store!!! ;-)

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color

[quote]Color in the brain

Main article: Color vision

The visual dorsal stream (green) and ventral stream (purple) are shown. The ventral stream is responsible for color perception.

The visual dorsal stream (green) and ventral stream (purple) are shown. The ventral stream is responsible for color perception.

While the mechanisms of color vision at the level of the retina are

well-described in terms of tristimulus values (see above), color

processing after that point is organized differently. A dominant theory

of color vision proposes that color information is transmitted out of

the eye by three opponent processes,

or opponent channels, each constructed from the raw output of the

cones: a red-green channel, a blue-yellow channel and a black-white

"luminance" channel. This theory has been supported by neurobiology,

and accounts for the structure of our subjective color experience.

Specifically, it explains why we cannot perceive a "reddish green" or

"yellowish blue," and it predicts the color wheel: it is the collection of colors for which at least one of the two color channels measures a value at one of its extremes.

The exact nature of color perception beyond the processing already

described, and indeed the status of color as a feature of the perceived

world or rather as a feature of our perception of the world, is a matter of complex and continuing philosophical dispute (see qualia).[/quote]

In simple terms, according to this theory, the brain sees red and green, blue and yellow, and black and white as opposites.  So if you are on a green pitch, you will be able to pick out someone with a red shirt more easily than someone with a yellow or blue shirt.  Which probably leads to the suggestion of a psychological advantage.

Having said that I don''t like the kit though, having always preferred the white away kits.  It might be a grower if we win the away games we play in it.

[quote user="a1canary"]I''ve got that dark green one with the lotus emblem - that''s the best away kit we''ve had in years. I wear it loads.    
[/quote]

Same here A1,

I''m always about town in mine.

Classy.[:D]

Having owned most shirts since the mid 70''s, I have quite a collection of white/green away kits already.  It''s nice to have a bit of variety and I did like the last red shirt we had (with the white lines half way down the front).  The collar looks okay for once, so no doubt I''ll buy myself one on my first excursion to Carrow Road next season.

It doesn''t look like one of those skinny fitted fashion tops from the pictures, so that''ll suit me.  The current home shirt being that way cost the club my money this time.  I''m happy to wear the colours (down here on the south coast), I just don''t want to look like a fat b*****d !

Anyway, as long as we don''t have any more blue kits, I''m happy ...

Why oh why do these uncreative kit ''designers'' have to adorn every square inch with a cutesey logo or acronym?

I saw a pic of Harry Redknapp the other day in his West Ham playing days with unsullied white shorts and socks and not even a club badge on the shirt.

A real case of less being more.

With the horrific names on shirts and squad numbers (thank you Crozier) minimalism is surely even more the way to go.

And the socks, as already commented on, are absolutely hideous and will make the the wearer look even clumsier and clunkier than might otherwise be the case!

Who at Clubs signs off these abominations?

Do any ever get sent back to the kitchen which is what should have happened to this grotesque ensemble?

And whilst we are on the subject of livery, the old uncomplicated canary badge was a massively more powerful bit of branding than the current corporate speak style tosh.

Either the socks are bl00dy awful, or the shirt and shorts needed some white colour panel/s to break up the red.

Not sure at the moment about it. Still, perhaps the theory is to dazzle and puzzle the opponants with our new kit.