Sign in to follow this  
TrueYellow

Promotion A Possibility For Next Season??

Do you think PG could get us promoted next season? I think he could if we keep playing like we have been in recent weeks. I think we''ll be one of the top contenders for the title.What do you think?

was not Colchester and WBA in recent weeks, We are a long way off a promotion side at the moment and need some quality in the summer to stand any chance imo.

Contenders for the title? With teams like Watford, and potentially West Ham, Charlton, Wigan or Sheff Utd (all of whom will be able to spend big) - not a hope!

Playoffs maybe, but as has been said, not without 7 or 8 changes.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Contenders for the title? With teams like Watford, and potentially West Ham, Charlton, Wigan or Sheff Utd (all of whom will be able to spend big) - not a hope!

Playoffs maybe, but as has been said, not without 7 or 8 changes.

[/quote]

Totally agree Alex and good points made in the first place Whoops Brigadier...

Unless we keep Earnie and sell the Doc, Hughes, Brown and bring in a few quality signings plus a few more ok players to bolster the squad then we have NO CHANCE!!!

not according to grants ''mini-league'' - last 4 games has yielded 2 wins, including a dire no show and inadequate west brom display.if you judge any 10 game period as a fair guide of form, i doubt if we''ve shown top6 form - let alone top2.our defence and centre midfield berths for me, got us relegated and has failed to get us promoted.  we can score the goals - we can''t stop ''em going in.  as keano showed, sometimes you just have to ship the entire lot out and start again.  the fans of NCFC deserve more than mid-table.

Nah! No chance whatever.

Unless of course we find about 5-6 million quid laying about.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]not according to grants ''mini-league'' - last 4 games has yielded 2 wins, including a dire no show and inadequate west brom display.

if you judge any 10 game period as a fair guide of form, i doubt if we''ve shown top6 form - let alone top2.

our defence and centre midfield berths for me, got us relegated and has failed to get us promoted.  we can score the goals - we can''t stop ''em going in. 

as keano showed, sometimes you just have to ship the entire lot out and start again.  the fans of NCFC deserve more than mid-table.
[/quote]

Very good points LGT... I also feel that it is important for us to have different ways of attacking (something that we do not seem to have at the moment)... We are one dimensional and predictable...

If we are to have any success then we need to tighten up at the back, plus we need a striker that is good both on the deck and in the air upfront, and we also need players that can provide & score goals from the defence and midfield on a regular basis.