Sign in to follow this  
andy laz

leicester on a one way ticket to relegation

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"]

Preston and Barnsley away and Wolves at home. All teams with a lot to play for.

Can anyone see Leicester getting another point?

I think they are on the way to League 1

[/quote]

that would mean that nigel worthington would have 2 relegations on his CV.... he might be wondering just why he took the job at the walkerbowl?

jas :)

[/quote] Hardly think NW can be blamed for leicester''s demise, i know most of you want to blame him for everything, i mean getting us to the prem, thats outrageous. blimey thats on his CV too, terrible, oh i forgot a playoff final too, the man is a real loser.[/quote]

people notice the bad over the good im afriad.. im not blaming leicesetrs demise on Worthy.. just questioning his logic of taking the role at this time.

[/quote]

Agreed JAS.

Not Worthys fault but certainly a question mark against his judgement. He could hardly beg for more time with only 5 matches to go (now only 3).

No chance of getting the job permenently by all accounts. So why did he bother, he can''t be short of a bob or two can he?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

that would mean that nigel worthington would have 2 relegations on his CV.... he might be wondering just why he took the job at the walkerbowl?

[/quote] Hardly think NW can be blamed for leicester''s demise, i know most of you want to blame him for everything, i mean getting us to the prem, thats outrageous. blimey thats on his CV too, terrible, oh i forgot a playoff final too, the man is a real loser.[/quote]

people notice the bad over the good im afriad.. im not blaming leicesetrs demise on Worthy.. just questioning his logic of taking the role at this time.

[/quote]

Agreed JAS.

Not Worthys fault but certainly a question mark against his judgement. He could hardly beg for more time with only 5 matches to go (now only 3).

No chance of getting the job permenently by all accounts. So why did he bother, he can''t be short of a bob or two can he?

[/quote]

if they stay up he is a hero i they go down there was only five games, he is being shrewd imo. its defo not the money its getting back in the workplace, sometimes you have to gamble to win the jackpot, something Delia and her mob might consider.

I think that Leicester will still be ok... they may need a full house to cheer them on to 3 points against Wolves in their last game of the season though... although I would not bet against them getting a good result at Preston or Barnsley either.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Dicky"]

[quote user="NavMan"]GJL Mid Norfolk Canary - and you would have turned down 600,000 would you - can you imagine going home to the missus and saying ''I''m gonna resign and not only find myself out of a job but will willingly put myself 600,000 out of pocket as well'' - yeah right.  Who in their right mind would do this.  At the end of the day the board had him on a contract and you cannot fault the man for being willing to see that contract through with all the disloyalty in football at this present time.  After all he was only one of a very few managers that brought us silver ware to the club as well as taking us to a play off final.  Not bad in my opinion.[/quote]

Spot on Nav Man.  A voice of common sense in a sea of b*ll*cks.

[/quote]

Did you mean a sea of Balearics, Dinky?......[8-|]

You can be the Anchor.......With a silent Dubya.....[:P]

[/quote]

That reminds me, I must pick my youngest son up from nursery....

[/quote]

Why''s that then? So he can write your next comment for you?[8-|]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed JAS.

[/quote]if leicester lose all their games and go down, then worthy''s reputation will have taken a massive hit - what chance he''ll land a plum job in the summer then??? imo, it was a unnecessary gamble by him to take the job. He appears to be acting out of character - i was surprised he took on what appears to be a poisoned chalice.