Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Chelsea V Blackpool or Norwich!!!!!

[quote user="Kathy"]I''ll start looking for a mortgage now so that I can buy a ticket.[/quote]unlucky for you, if we go thourgh then i get to go for free, one of ,my grandads friends get four tickets for chelsea matches in the box area (that is outside not in a box) and he invites me and my grandad every game norwich play ther (the two there have been since ive been going)

[quote user="Matt"]

This is the perfect draw.

We go out to Chelsea instead of west brom or watford or some other unimpressive side.

There was no "easy" game on offer to us in the next round anyway....who would we have beaten?? none of them.

We may very well get a tv game BECAUSE IF WE AND BORO GO THROUGH THEN WE ARE THE LOWEST LEAGUE TEAM LEFT IN THE COMPETITION AGAINST THE PREM CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!  OH JOY

[/quote]

Yeah, you''re spot on. Fair enough we have no hope against Chelsea, but who else left in the draw would you feel confident against? Better to go out to Chelsea and say "Oh well, can''t compete with that money" rather than get beaten by bloody Plymouth for the third time this season. 

[quote user="Al Yellow"]

Well I guess at least we get 50% of the gate receipts, which at circa £60 per person, plus the tv money. May be some compensation for any embaressment caused.

Magic of the cup in the modern game? Watching the chelsea forest game yesterday I kept seeing an advertising hoarding which read "chelseafc.money.com" ...... Summed up the modern game rather neatly to me ..... With increased prize money in the Premiership starting soon they may as well melt down the FA cup and sell it for scrap ....... or perhaps just stick the top 8 premiership teams only in the cup.

[/quote]

Great , more money to disappear .....

I love this winnable game idea some of you have.

We are struggling to get through against a team in the division below us.

We are all looking at a relegation fight not a play off scrap

We have won 2 of 14 games away and 50% of home games against CHAMPIONSHIP sides so far this year.

whats a winnable game?

I would be OVER THE MOON if we get through against Blackpool so we can at least say we made the last 16 in the FA cup this year.

Ipswich Preston Derby Plymouth West Brom....i dont fancy any of those let alone a Prem side!!!

Its a SUPERB draw to go out of the cup.  And yes we might get hammered...anything less than 6 i will be happy with but at least we got this far in what is a really REALLY crap season......

...oh and sorry were we looking to win the FA cup this year?  no didnt think so.

REJOICE!!!!

All that money can buy us some more players, or at least have some more to spend in the Summer. Tbh, at this stage i don''t fancy us against anyone left in the competition. Even blackpool were favourites over us says it all really. Least we have a garenteed huge payout of over £500,000 plus tv money and prize money so we may even get up to 750k. Would be nice and if we do well we can hold our heads high and if we lose, well we can say Chelsea played well. Better than cashing out to a Cr*p Plymouth team really aint it?!

[quote user="Matt"]

Ipswich Preston Derby Plymouth West Brom....i dont fancy any of those let alone a Prem side!!!

[/quote]

If we had drawn any of the above teams we would have had a chance to make the quarter finals...   If we drew a home tie against a premiership team (barring chelski, manure, arsenal) we would have had a very small chance. As it is we have none, Zero.   In my opinion that makes it an unfortunate draw for us.

Where has your romance gone, go and enjoy the day, have a few beers, cheer on the team and of course we are very unlikely to win, but who cares enjoy it. Wycome were expected to get hammered in the first game but didn''t. I know they did in the next one but they enjoyed it and put up a good show. Plus miracles can happen and when they do I want to be there.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]Our name is on the cup this year that''s for sure.........[:S][/quote]

You can buy them in the club shop, I especially like the "jumbo mug" - great for drinking tea from