Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Why aren't we appealing Drury's card?

Every other team seems to appeal as a matter of course these days to try and get cards and hence suspensions overturned. If the decision against Drury was as bad as it sounds, why aren''t we appealing? Or can you not appeal against yellows?

Because you can''t appeal a yellow card, because Fifa say so!

Not sure how that can be legal but they are the rules.

Same problem in international tournaments but you only need two yellow cards for a suspension. No appeals.

[quote user="a1canary"]Every other team seems to appeal as a matter of course these days to try and get cards and hence suspensions overturned. If the decision against Drury was as bad as it sounds, why aren''t we appealing? Or can you not appeal against yellows?
[/quote]

Who said we weren''t?

[quote user="ob1"]

[quote user="a1canary"]Every other team seems to appeal as a matter of course these days to try and get cards and hence suspensions overturned. If the decision against Drury was as bad as it sounds, why aren''t we appealing? Or can you not appeal against yellows?
[/quote]

Who said we weren''t?

[/quote]

haha! Obviously those dudes above! :)

i thought you could only appeal against the fith yellow card, but i''m not sure so i''ll just agree with you lot

What if you get two yellows? I must admit i thought you could appeal against a card that resulted in a suspension, whatever the colour. I''m sure you can in the prem...

[quote user="Big Ginge"]

Because you can''t appeal a yellow card, because Fifa say so!

Not sure how that can be legal but they are the rules.

[/quote]

I ask the same question of the Transfer window... i still maintain it will be scrapped as soon a a player Challenges it.

jas :)

Interesting, for you grassroots folks out there this non appeal of 5 yellows and match suspensions has found its way to the Ridgeons League, Norwich United, Diss, Wroxham etc

Two match ban for swearing at the ref, in my day 35 days suspension at least and five weeks of having to take the missus to her mum''s on a Sunday rather than footie am, footie and beer pm!!!

[quote user="Bacon Roll"]

Two match ban for swearing at the ref, in my day 35 days suspension at least and five weeks of having to take the missus to her mum''s on a Sunday rather than footie am, footie and beer pm!!!

[/quote]LOL that would make them think twice in the Chumpionship too!