Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Is The Club Telling Porkies......Again?

Over transfers?.

Grant today:http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED26%20Jan%202007%2008%3A40%3A49%3A427

He says he''s trying to bring players in, so please tell me Mr Grant, why are most other clubs doing the buisness, but you still need till the deadline hour to do yours.? Last night saw other Championship clubs bringing in loads of players, yet once again Norwich City FC are having problems!. How many times can the club try this sad excuse?. Once, I might have believed them, but three times now...............................

At first, it was other clubs injuries for lack of movement, now its the FA Cup, make your mind up man!!.

Nothing to do with keeping the fans off your back at the Wolves games then?.

Grant also states that he''s 99% sure of who his team will be, and any future new signings won''t affect that line up, quote:

“I have 99% of my team set in my mind, so no  matter who comes in I won''t change that,” Grant said yesterday.

Now I feel a bit slow today, so can anyone decifer that quote for me please?.

Hmm? words like ''Porkies'' and  ''Deception'' keep popping in to my head, am I the only one thinking this way?.

its one of three possibly four possibilities

1. he knows he wont get anyone in, and he is 99% sure of his team because he feels it highly unlikely to get anymore players

2. hes got three players already crossing the ''T''s and dotting the ''I''s and therefore he knows who his team will be

3. hes got players in on loan, and again crossing and dotting

patience is a virtue, and you sir have none

If we have no one else in next Thursday I may get worried... [H]Until then, I don''t think there''s anything to worry about... even Sir Alex is being given the run-around with Owen Hargreaves, and we all know now that the january transfer window is a time to patch up rather than rebuild.  One decent midfielder and I reckon we could salvage a mid-table spot... not ideal, but this season is written off in my mind.  Get to summer, clear out the dead wood, rebuild the squad and start all over again.  Not what anyone wanted when we got relegated, but it''s happening and whilst we don''t have to be happy about it, there''s little point in constant bleating... lets just get on with it and see what happens, eh?

Just to clear things up a little, if you look on here:

http://home.skysports.com/transfers.aspx?cpid=10

Only 8 teams have signed more than 3 players, whether permanent or on loan. So i don''t know where this ''everyone is signing more players than us'' myth has come from.

Please Please Please Wiz, lets give him until Wed night, then if theres no arrivals even I will moan with you [:D]

[quote user="no1canary"]So i don''t know where this ''everyone is signing more players than us'' myth has come from.[/quote]I do. Wizards distorted sense of reality and fevered ego.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]If we have no one else in next Thursday I may get worried... [H]

Until then, I don''t think there''s anything to worry about... even Sir Alex is being given the run-around with Owen Hargreaves, and we all know now that the january transfer window is a time to patch up rather than rebuild.  One decent midfielder and I reckon we could salvage a mid-table spot... not ideal, but this season is written off in my mind.  Get to summer, clear out the dead wood, rebuild the squad and start all over again.  Not what anyone wanted when we got relegated, but it''s happening and whilst we don''t have to be happy about it, there''s little point in constant bleating... lets just get on with it and see what happens, eh?
[/quote]

Whilst I agree that there is no point in signing players for the sake of it (ie ones who are no better /committed than some of the dross in the current employees),in case you had not noticed it is now 5 days till the end of the transfer window.Take out Earnie(and to all intents and purposes Chadwick),plus the lads who''ve gone off on loan,and an already underachieving City squad is now PAPER THIN .If we carry on the current form level,make no mistake we WILL be relegated.Just do the maths.

It''s time Grant and the board got their collective fingers out.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Over transfers?.

Grant today:
http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich
&itemid=NOED26%20Jan%202007%2008%3A40%3A49%3A427

He says he''s trying to bring players in, so please tell me Mr Grant, why are most other clubs doing the buisness, but you still need till the deadline hour to do yours.? Last night saw other Championship clubs bringing in loads of players, yet once again Norwich City FC are having problems!. How many times can the club try this sad excuse?. Once, I might have believed them, but three times now...............................

At first, it was other clubs injuries for lack of movement, now its the FA Cup, make your mind up man!!.

Nothing to do with keeping the fans off your back at the Wolves games then?.

Grant also states that he''s 99% sure of who his team will be, and any future new signings won''t affect that line up, quote:

“I have 99% of my team set in my mind, so no  matter who comes in I won''t change that,” Grant said yesterday.

Now I feel a bit slow today, so can anyone decifer that quote for me please?.

Hmm? words like ''Porkies'' and  ''Deception'' keep popping in to my head, am I the only one thinking this way?.

[/quote]

I got the impression that the 99% of players he was referring to was in reference to his team for Blackpool. Maybe I misread it.

O2:

Ahh, yes, I think you may be right on this, cheers.

To everyone else: Try watching the Sky info bar on Sky Sports News, and then tell me that I imagine transfer activity.

I rest my case Mi Lud!.

I''m not worried about the situation with players going out on loan, for two reasons:1) It could possibly indicate that the manager and board are 99% confident of getting the 4 or 5 players they need.2) Even if we sign no one else, our fringe players are now getting games as opposed to rotting in the most farcical reserve league in the world. And if we need them back, we simply activate that option and they''ll come back fitter than they would if they''d stayed.5 days is a long time in football, but anyone expecting miracles in this transfer window is going to be sorely disappointed... a few players will come in, I reckon, and keep us up but the real work will start in May (although this is, of course, the time when no players are signed by anyone, ever, because "everyone is on holiday"...)

Said Grant yesterday on www.rickwaghorn.co.uk site...

"I''m desperately trying to get two or three in - there''s no doubt about that. And that will go right to the wire because I know that everybody''s hanging on till then," said the Canary boss

"It''s out of my hands - people know who I want; the players know because the clubs have let them know; the players are keen to do it, but now the clubs are saying: ''Let''s just see where we stand over the next couple of days....''

Which gives me a little glimmer of hope (well, currently 5 and a half days of hope)

[quote user="1st Wizard"]patience is a virtue, and you sir have none

At my age, patience is one virtue I cannot afford mate!.

[/quote]You are a silly sausage old chap (and may I recommend one of Mrs. Ducker''s finest?)I have little patience myself, but I have developed an ability to bite my tongue - painful and not as tasty as a Ducker Sossy, but it sometimes  saves me from looking silly [W]. If you don''t have time for patience, are you too old a dog for a new trick? [&]

I meant to say, Wiz, that it is possible that targets change.If one club wont release a player because of injuries, we could have moved to get someone who is wanted to help his club try to reach round 5 of the cup before they''ll consider releasing him.Something to reflect on as we all wait for something to happen!

It seems perfectly simple to me. He is 99 per cent sure that he knows his team for Blackpool and that he is desperately hoping that 3 or 4 players that he has lined up for signing next week don''t fall through over the weekend - probably meaning that teams want to see if they are needed because of possible injuries sustained over the FA Cup weekend. And the fact that it is being left so late gives me reason to hope that we are after players who are not too far away from being first teamers at their present club. Here is hoping anyway. If we have no one by next Thursday, then I start to panic.   

my heart bleeds wiz...

if patience isnt to your taste try understanding. we wont get players coming here unles they want to, what is grant? a hypnotist? he cant just trick people into joining and no amount of moaning will change that. so u can either go and protest at craaow road, take your boots to colney, boycott wolves and waste your money or go and do a brilliant job of getting on the teams back and making the away team more welcome and comfortable.

or you can accept it and realise all you can do is be patient

[quote user="Polar1990"]

its one of three possibly four possibilities

1. he knows he wont get anyone in, and he is 99% sure of his team because he feels it highly unlikely to get anymore players

2. hes got three players already crossing the ''T''s and dotting the ''I''s and therefore he knows who his team will be

3. hes got players in on loan, and again crossing and dotting

patience is a virtue, and you sir have none

[/quote]

i agree with you dude. i think it''s one of those.

[quote user="Polar1990"]

my heart bleeds wiz...

if patience isnt to your taste try understanding. we wont get players coming here unles they want to, what is grant? a hypnotist?

[/quote]

Well thats me told then ![:D]

[quote user="Polar1990"]

my heart bleeds wiz...

if patience isnt to your taste try understanding. we wont get players coming here unles they want to, what is grant? a hypnotist?

[/quote]

Well thats me told then ![:D]