Sign in to follow this  
LeedsYellow

Earnie - what a refreshing change

"I''ve said always I love playing football here and it gives me great joy in going out there every week, so that''s what I''m going to keep doing, the longer the better."

"I''m not looking otherwise until things happen, but I''ll be hopefully here at the end of the season."

How refreshing is it to hear someone of Earnshaw''s undoubted ability and reputation quash transfer rumours and pledge his future to the club?

The ball is clearly in the board''s court.

When he was interviewed after the match on saturday, he was asked what he thought about the speculation that clubs would be coming in for him in January. He said "If they do, that''s a good thing" and there was (I thought) an uneasy pause before he added "because it shows that you''re playing well" and came out with the stock phrases about how he is happy here and wants to be here at the end of the season etc etc. It all depends on how you interpret it, but personally I think he wants to go somewhere else and further his career and that he''ll be looking to leave in January. But of course, he won''t come out and say it. Thing is, could anyone blame him if he wants to leave??

I hear what you''re saying EH7 (and no one could blame him for wanting to further his career when things look as terminal as they do at FCR) however; the quote above is well above and beyond what''s necessary if he really wanted to move and it''s a far cry from what we''re used to, via-a-viz Ashton, Green etc, who made their positions clear by what they didn''t say!

Earnie knows the right things to say to keep everybody happy but will he still be here at the end of January ? very very unlikely . As for replacements , well we are a side on the brink of a relegation fight to stay in the Championship and will find it almost impossible to attract any half decent players.