Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

FORGET PLAYOFFS

CANARY TIM

Due to health reasons I don`t go to Carrow Road as often as I would like, so I was really looking forward to the Southend game.......oh dear!

I will be amazed if this team get to the Play-offs, in fact I think Peter Grant should forget them and use the next half of the season in getting rid of the dead wood, see if any of the youngsters are good enough and bring in over the next 6 months ( No Jan panic buys) the  players he wants.

Yes I think the Board made a mistake in hanging on to Worthy for too long, but now is the time for us all to get behind the Board and Peter Grant. (would you want the Ipswich Board after the way they treated local business and owe another alleged 36 million)   People like Jewell, Coppell, Mcarthy and many others needed at least two years to turn their clubs into promotion winning sides. It is far to early to judge Peter Grant, he must be given untill at least this time next season.

As for the Southend game,  messrs Colin, Robinson, Ethuhu if you say things in the local press like "we are really up for this one" it would help if you would show some URGENCY and look as if you are trying. Look at Andy Hughes vilified by the supporters, got a roasting in the first half but the boy never stopped working and linked up well with Hucks in the second half.

PS To Worthy was his taking £600,000 out of the club "in the best interests of Norwich City Football Club" ?

No it probably was not in the best interests of the club but name me anyone who would have turned it down !!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i''ll cry if we reach the playoffs.. we would be Wee-wee''d on by whoever we play!

jas :)

[/quote]

I''d love it because it would have meant we had somehow turned the corner & put together a string of good results - just what I keep hoping for. And ''hope springs eternal''

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i''ll cry if we reach the playoffs.. we would be Wee-wee''d on by whoever we play!

[/quote]

I''d love it because it would have meant we had somehow turned the corner & put together a string of good results - just what I keep hoping for. And ''hope springs eternal''

[/quote]

Unfortunately, our eternal hope ''spring'' - is the size of one inside a retractable ballpoint pen.

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess the easiest thing to do here would be to have a ''personal'' pop at you and then go for the jugular...... but it''s supporters like you who I actually feel most disappointed for. Many of us had this same blind passion and loyalty at one time...... but eventually we opened our eyes to the reality that we just aren''t very good any more.... and haven''t been for quite a while now.

This so called negativity isn''t aimed at the club....because believe me all of us share this great passion with you....it''s aimed at the lethargic dishonest players on the pitch earning a fortune off our backs....and the Board who have allowed this debacle to occur. It''s nothing to do with being anti-Delia either....it''s all about anti decline.... and that is something you should concentrate on rather than doing a King Canute. The tide is lapping around your neck Shrimp..... but ultimately it''s your choice as to whether you drown or not..........