Sign in to follow this  
Old Yella

Parkinson

I''m pretty sure that a number of people on this site were calling for the appointment of Parkinson over the summer - seems like we dodged that bullet.

I liked him innitially, but when he appeared on soccer night on itv a couple of times he came accross as quite an arrogant, cocky person who i wouldnt want as manager. This opinion only strengthened after the way he treated coclchester.

Serves him right!

Yes I quite like Parky for his love of Jazz but I think his chat show style is rather old fashioned now and has been superceeded by the like of Ross and that odd gay Scouser (not to mention that other "big fruit" on in the evenings) !

I was a Parkinson fan, but I''m surprised he left for Hull, yet even more surprised how badly they are doing. He must regret leaving Colchester - no matter what he says.

[quote user="ncfc1"]Personally i would take him over what we ended up with , lets face it he did not have a Huckerby or Earnshaw in the Hull squad .[/quote]

Geraint Williams doesn'' have those players at Colchester either, and, they looked like relegation fodder until Parkisnon left.

Hull werent a bad side under the previous boss.. looks like Parky hasnt had the desired influence!

bet Col U dont miss him now under Williams do they?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Hull werent a bad side under the previous boss.. looks like Parky hasnt had the desired influence!

bet Col U dont miss him now under Williams do they?

jas :)

[/quote]

Interestingly Palace weren''t a bad side before they got Hulls previous boss!

I''m not convinced about Parkinson - yes he did a good job at Colchester but as pointed out, so is Williams now since he left. I''m not entirely happy with Grant but I wouldn''t guaratee that Parkinson would do any better!