Sign in to follow this  
Hump

Lack of Ambition

I have a feeling that Doncasters comments about looking after the interests of the club really mean that as long as 25000 people continue to turn up and give him and his fellow management team a comfortable living and Delia has her train set to play with that is about as far as it goes. This lack of ambition may eventually kill the goose that lays their golden eggs.I appreciate a degree of caution but maybe it is about time that Doncaster went and the club was put into the hands of someone who spoke more like an entrpeneur rather than a middle aged fat cat.He seems to offer a very safe and boring future with lots of people achieving mediocrity. Football is about passion and excitement not about one mans personal lack of ambition which is infecting the Board.We have a castrated Chief Executive someone help him find them 

Lack of ambition, mediocrity, can''t agree more.    From what i''ve seen, admittedly from afar, this group of players are pretty limited in ability..... the falacy that we have good players needs putting to bed.   The squad is simply not good enough.  

If you can''t play away, eventually the pressure on home performances increases, hence the lack of confidence.

We need a new defence in the January Sales..... and a new midfield.... and why didn''t they bring Sutton back when the chance came along.... WHAT A MESS!

Ged

Doncaster really does need to change his name to doomcaster the man is so boring and tight.I think they should do a remake of  scrooge using him with the leading role.Listening to him and his tight purse strings nearing every tranfer window is really sickening.

[quote user="Ged"]

Lack of ambition, mediocrity, can''t agree more.    From what i''ve seen, admittedly from afar, this group of players are pretty limited in ability..... the falacy that we have good players needs putting to bed.   The squad is simply not good enough.  

If you can''t play away, eventually the pressure on home performances increases, hence the lack of confidence.

We need a new defence in the January Sales..... and a new midfield.... and why didn''t they bring Sutton back when the chance came along.... WHAT A MESS!

Ged

[/quote]

With a fully fit and on form squad you are looking at:

Gallacher

Colin Shackel Dublin Drury

Croft Ethuh Safri Chadwick Huckerby

Earnshaw

I think its fair to say that results speak the truth - Earnshaw, Etuhu, Huckerby, Safri and possibly Drury and Shackell are easily good enough for at least the bottom half of the prem. As I have said before its the defence we should be concerned about - thats where we really lack quality and depth. I feel sorry for Dublin as its not his natural position and I think thats why he gets caught out occaisionaly, that says a lot about our other players!

Get that defence sorted and we are more than halfway there! 

[quote user="allways travelling"]Doncaster really does need to change his name to doomcaster the man is so boring and tight.I think they should do a remake of  scrooge using him with the leading role.Listening to him and his tight purse strings nearing every tranfer window is really sickening.[/quote]

Got to agree with this. The sooner he tells everyone how flushed with cash we are just before the transfer window arrives, the sooner we can get fleeced for millions in any transfer deal... [:|]

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Ged"]

Ged

[/quote]

Gallacher

Earnshaw

I think its fair to say that results speak the truth - Earnshaw, Etuhu, Huckerby, Safri and possibly Drury and Shackell are easily good enough for at least the bottom half of the prem. As I have said before its the defence we should be concerned about - thats where we really lack quality and depth. I feel sorry for Dublin as its not his natural position and I think thats why he gets caught out occaisionaly, that says a lot about our other players!

[/quote]

Don''t make me laugh. Etuhu, Safri, Drury and Shackell are in no way good enough for the premiership. They are only just holding it together in this league.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="Ged"]

Ged

[/quote]

Gallacher

Earnshaw

[/quote]

Don''t make me laugh. Etuhu, Safri, Drury and Shackell are in no way good enough for the premiership. They are only just holding it together in this league.

[/quote]

I''m with you there. They are decent enough for mid-table Championship level, but I don''t think we have one single player up to the required standard for the Premiership. Hucks was....but he''s knocking on a bit now. Earnie?  The jury is out on that one too.

[quote user="Ged"]

Ged

[/quote]  OH NO!! not the silly sutton thing again!!  How many full games has he actually played for Villa? 4 games (3 as sub) so that is one start, Oh and he is injured again!!

[quote user="mbncfc"]

[quote user="allways travelling"]Doncaster really does need to change his name to doomcaster the man is so boring and tight.I think they should do a remake of  scrooge using him with the leading role.Listening to him and his tight purse strings nearing every tranfer window is really sickening.[/quote]

Got to agree with this. The sooner he tells everyone how flushed with cash we are just before the transfer window arrives, the sooner we can get fleeced for millions in any transfer deal... [:|]

[/quote] I can see where you are coming from there you are saying he is very shrewd and likes to keep things very quiet.Thats all very well by me but why are we sitting here with the smallest squad in this league and this is our final year of the parachute payments.Its not a case of dont tell everybody what we have but for gods sake do something like looking interested in competing in the transfer market.Do you not get fed up with same old same old we enquired about him but he was not available at what we wanted to pay. what he wants to pay is never enough by all accounts lets get rid and get someone in with a tad of ambition.