Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

It's Time For Confession My Son ( Daughter )

[quote user="cluckaduck"]

Within hours almost I was told to ''Cluck off'' and was generally made to feel irrelevant by the keyboard bullies.

[/quote]

It was me that told you to "Cluck" off, and it was because about the first thing you did was get straight into the "Thanks to Nigel" thread and start slating Nigel!!

It was not a call for you to leave the message-board, simply just that thread, which was deliberately supposed to be about the good things Nigel had done and a welcome break from the other 30,000 posts referring to the bad things he had done.

If you took it personally, I apologise, and I''m glad you continued to post.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="cluckaduck"]

Within hours almost I was told to ''Cluck off'' and was generally made to feel irrelevant by the keyboard bullies.

[/quote]

It was me that told you to "Cluck" off, and it was because about the first thing you did was get straight into the "Thanks to Nigel" thread and start slating Nigel!!

It was not a call for you to leave the message-board, simply just that thread, which was deliberately supposed to be about the good things Nigel had done and a welcome break from the other 30,000 posts referring to the bad things he had done.

If you took it personally, I apologise, and I''m glad you continued to post.

[/quote]

Firstly to you Mook........if a newcomer has never used a message board before.....such as me.....how can he/she possibly know the rules until he/she has been around long enough to understand? I didn''t expect to be slated for disagreeing with everybody there and in my opinion I didn''t feel Worthington did a good job......so I said so. Few threads actually adhere true to the original question after a while I find......and I just think a new face was easy game for you.

I hold no grudges because it was a very angry time for all of us.....but if we scare newcomers off,  boards such as these can become very monotonous and dominated by just a few.......my precise reason for not joining one before. Often arguments are as stupid as saying one colour is better than another.....no-one is right because it all comes down to personal taste at the end of the day...........(although having said that.... green is the best colour there is)........

I appreciate your closing comments.....and for what it is worth, I find much of what you post to be very readable and valid. People generally only get uptight about something when they care passionately...... and I feel each one of us share those concerns right now.

In the days before this new-fangled board when the message board was really old and cranky, I posted as Crewe Canary for a while.  Since the new board came in about 3/4 years ago, I have been Templeton or Temp the Revelator.  Never anyone else!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Shame that you think we should end the conversation there (defiant ''last word'') cluck, it''s off-topic, but I think there''s a discussion to be had here.

[quote] I think everyone in the country knows that Norwich City is Delia''s baby......so what would be the point in any businessman making any offer?.....Also do you really believe us plebs would be told if they did?[/quote]

Given that you accept that there is no current alternative to Delia, what could Delia do to satisfy you as her customer ?  I''m guessing you would want more money for players, I would like that too, wouldn''t it be great if we could just "find" 10 million for new talent ?  Where could we find new money from ?  Can we find new money from the current board ?Haven''t a number of board members already waived loans worth several million pounds already ?  So that''s unlikely, which leaves finding new money from an investor, or from another preference share issue, which I don''t believe would have much support right now, we did it before, and look where it got us.  New investment would be great, but a new investor would want something for their money, anyone willing to put 10 million into the pot would want a say in how things are run, surely.  From watching dragons den on BBC2 I''d say that anyone bringing us 10 million would want 40-50% of the equity (but I am almost certainly miles out in that assumption.[:)] ) And as you say, NCFC is "Delia''s baby", so I can''t see that happening either.  Which leaves us either with what we have, or a messy take-over as the result of public opinion turning, which seems unlikely even in the post-Worthington aftermath.

Playing devils advocate - if things ever got so bad with the club that there was a public reaction against the board, and the board felt that they had to stand down and sell up, I wouldn''t like to guarantee that any "new board" would bring in any more money, or do things fundamentally differently. 

Do "sugar daddies" buy Championship clubs ?  Not the ones that can afford to treat them as a money pit.

[/quote]

I''m afraid I can''t even begin to answer the bulk of your question as I would need much more inside information to enable me to do so (have you?).....but the whole post seems very defeatist and apathetic to me. It comes across as "this is how it is......live with it".............That isn''t the sign of an ambitious person.

I stated that Norwich City is Delia Smith''s baby......part of her public relations empire. I would generally say ''good luck to her'' had it been just an ordinary successful company with ordinary employees.....but the fact is it isn''t. What DS has hijacked is a football club with thousands of paying customers desperate for success.....and an institution at the very centre of our great County of Norfolk. It is not a plaything for one individual. Our loyal support over many decades deserve much better than a squad of misfits.....and what we currently have is down to the board alone.....they appoint managers....they finance signings. Who else is to blame?

Despite the very impressive argument regarding finance....I still adhere to the fact that as long as DS hold the reins of this club...we will never be anything other than ordinary. No wealthy investor is going to stump up funds knowing that DS will rule the roost and spend HIS/HER input without having a major say in it.........so in order for NCFC to move on a new Chairman and Board is ultimately needed.

Ok....so up will go the Delia Defence League now.......but the sooner we stop believing the tripe that Delia Smith saved this club from extinction the better. Many clubs have recovered from a far worse position than we were in 10 years ago (Charlton didn''t even have a ground). She saw the chance to move in and did....just the same as another investor would if she did the decent thing now and stepped aside.

Her need to hold on at Carrow Road is more about her own career prospects than giving us a decent team to watch on matchdays. It''s not malice....it''s business and that''s what Norwich City is to her.

[quote] the whole post seems very defeatist and apathetic to me. It comes across as "this is how it is......live with it".............That isn''t the sign of an ambitious person.[/quote]

Not neccesarily defeatist, the word suggests by its nature that I am in opposition to the board and have lost, realistic is how I see it (no surprise there [;)]).

As an ambitious person cluck, how do you envisage an alternative future to Smith & Jones ?  What do they have to acheive with the club to meet with your ambitions for the club as a fan ?  And what do you think they should so to acheive it ?

[quote]Why not highlight the bad stuff he has done for the club on that thread, it was to thank worthy in your own way!  lol  [/quote]

Because there''s only one thing worse than a sore loser, and that''s a sore winner.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote] the whole post seems very defeatist and apathetic to me. It comes across as "this is how it is......live with it".............That isn''t the sign of an ambitious person.[/quote]

Not neccesarily defeatist, the word suggests by its nature that I am in opposition to the board and have lost, realistic is how I see it (no surprise there [;)]).

As an ambitious person cluck, how do you envisage an alternative future to Smith & Jones ?  What do they have to acheive with the club to meet with your ambitions for the club as a fan ?  And what do you think they should so to acheive it ?

[/quote]

Blah....this must be boring the a**e off everyone else on this thread.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on the matter of the Board and it''s ambitions. I repeat that it is nothing personal towards Delia Smith....I just don''t think she sees Norwich City like the ordinary fan does (that''s me)....Where prudence is the keyword for them......a decent team by whatever means is what we care about. In ten years NCFC has entered a timewarp under DS....and we will remain there until an alternative direction is found.

Do any of us have the answer?  Even if we did there is little we could do as long as this club remains practically a ''dictatorship''........A strong word........but pretty much appropriate the way things are just now.

[quote user="ray ducker"]Actually , ray ducker is my real name ,[/quote]

Actually, Mello Yello is my surreal name.........[8-|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="ray ducker"]Actually , ray ducker is my real name ,[/quote]

Actually, Mello Yello is my surreal name.........[8-|]

[/quote]

Mello baby......you''re nearly up to 1000 posts! Congratulations!...... May I be the first to doubt your real posting total?................[;)]