Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Its A Con!

Thats right, this two game ultimatum thingy is a bloody con in my opinion.

Most NORMAL boards never say anything other than ''we have complete faith in...'' before sacking a manager. But our croonies give our manager two games to turn things around and say it in public statements!, although no where do they actually say   ''Or we''ll sack him!''.

I''m telling you its a con.

Win or lose on Sunday, Worthy, will still be here at Christmas. He says he''s not under threat or pressure because he knows he isn''t!. All this bull droppings from Delia (and now Mr Munby) is designed for one thing and one thing only, to quell or water down the protests.

We only have one more televised game this year, and that''s against Ipswich, and they know fans won''t protest at that game, so if they can just stop or muck up Sunday.....................

You just wait, they''ll wheel out Hucks in the media before the Burnley game, saying protests upsets the players. You just know it will happen!.

I''m begining to despise them now

Either back him or sack him, its that bloody simple!.

Agreed. The Board does seem more terrified of tarnishing it''s image than anything else. Even if the football goes to sh*t, the fans are divided and the manager is taking the p*ss, nothing matters, as long as they''re seen to be "nice, footballing people".

And the Hucks in front of the Media thing is a definite. I for one will throw things at the telly if I see it before I set off for the game.

I have to agree with you Wizard.

The club need to show clear leadership, not set ambiguous targets.

If Worthington was sacked today, or left by mutual consent, I''d be happy that a decision had been made and leadership had been shown by the board, if not with the decision itself.

At least Ipswich got rid of Joe Royle in the right manner, our club seem to want to drag Worthington over the coals to save money.

As things stand, the club and its'' fans are in limbo until after the QPR game, and probably longer than that.

The board should back their man or sack him.

all i got to say about mr munby is he is delias puppet. i spole to to him last season ( after the ip***t game, he said worthy would turn it around . so we are still waiting  for the great turn arond. .p.s bbb why dont you get all your ktf''s  to have a worthy surport match on sunday on the  ball city         please bite  

Completely agree, Wiz. I will cringe when I see the club''s manufactured interviews with certain players - certain injured players who will no doubt be on the pitch come Sunday''s game...

It is a con. The whole "I''m one of you" diatribe from Delia is a con.

It''s a hard nosed business and in order to run it, the board needs a football team. Nice Mr. Worthington causing no scandal or ripples and nice middle of the road players content with mediocrity.

I''ve not just come to that conclusion either. Being a Norfolk boy I have a mind of my own and I have watched the manipulation of the fans and local press over years allowing Delia to become our celebrity figure head. Nothing personal against Delia......but being a celebrity doesn''t make you good at being a ''Chairman/woman''....

Time to see through the spin guys and realise that our club has become nothing more than a publicity machine for a tv cook. I compare it to a train set bought for us by our ''Mum''. "It''s rather delicate darling and while I don''t mind you watching.... don''t fiddle with the controls. I DO THAT!"

Not trying to be controversial. I''m just sick and tired of endless bullsh*t and celebrity smiles. When Norwich City is mentioned anywhere in England, it''s all Delia Smith and "Lets be avin you".  Ask them to name one player and they struggle.

Is that what we want?[au]

I am not so sure. Previously the Board have come out publicly backed the manager and said that we need to maintain stability (or words to that effect). The tone of this is very direct and is virtually a statement of intent paving the way for action.

The Board CANNOT be seen to be giving in to fan power at every opportunity otherwise there would be anarchy with 25,000 different views to reconcile. So sacking Worthy after protests is not on and is unrealistic. THEY CAN however express their own views on the situation which then justifies whatever happens next.

I do actually believe we are seeing the start of the endgame being played out. The difficulty they will have is if results do pick up a bit, but I also believe that even that would only be a temporary respite. The initial battle line has been drawn and it WILL get played out.

for once I agree with you.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

I have to agree with you Wizard.

The club need to show clear leadership, not set ambiguous targets.

If Worthington was sacked today, or left by mutual consent, I''d be happy that a decision had been made and leadership had been shown by the board, if not with the decision itself.

At least Ipswich got rid of Joe Royle in the right manner, our club seem to want to drag Worthington over the coals to save money.

As things stand, the club and its'' fans are in limbo until after the QPR game, and probably longer than that.

The board should back their man or sack him.

[/quote]

It seems this at least, is something we can all agree on.  This two game thing is absolute nonsense and everyone knows it. It now calls for the bigger man to act, Worthy or the Board.If action had been taken sooner than no one would have been bending to fan pressure, as it is, it seems as though no one will come out of this with dignity.  What a shambles!!

On the contrary......the internet allows the small voice to be heard above the propaganda machine of old. The days of believing what you hear without question are thankfully dead!............

Sorry but you are wrong, wiz....lose the first game and he will be gone....

The board have been silent on the issue for too long but now they have said the right things i and everyone else will expect them to back the statement up! there will be mutiny everywhere otherwise and the board may have to go as well.

Biggest problem is who do we replace him with?

WBA and Leeds are both looking for managers and obviuosly finding it hard to find anyone. And when you compare them to us then WBA have a better squad of players and Leeds potentially are a much bigger club than us!