Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

How much money..

What money should the new manager be given for the January sales, we must still have a good few quid to spend from the sales of Robert Green and Looney Leon, do we go for broke January if we still have a chance of the Play offs or wait till the end of this season and start a fresh?

I think you are also forgetting the pay off for Worthy so any money left over from previous sales may go on that

But what about all that lovely money that we have to pay Mr Worthington for terminating his contract. Wasn''t Nigel given a three year contract when we got relegated? So by my reckoing (i could be wrong) we still have to pay him until the end of this season and then the next. No wonder it took it so long for us to sack him.

We have to pay him 1 years wages as compensation because he was on a 1 year rolling contact. I would estimate this to be around 400k-500k.

I think the board did say that this would not affect spending on players.

According to Doncaster this morning he was on a twelve month contract, yeah we''ll have to give him a big wedge but that should still leave a good bit for the new manager, i know it''s not millions and millions but we should still have a fair bit left.

If the new manager also wanted to get rid of some deadwood in the staff, to bring his own in, then we could be looking at £1m. This would clearly make a large hole in the transfer receipts held back. I would be surprised if he was given more than the same amount for transfers, bearing in mind all the fees which surround signings.My own feelings are that it may well prove to be too late, if we are off the pace in January, to mount a charge for the top six, and any purchases in January would be either very cheap as a short term to enlarge the squad as "insurance", perhaps two or three players, or one good prospect towards re-building. The real worry is what will be released in the summer for signing quality and quantity, after the parachute payments have ended and after a few players , Thorn, Dublin, etc, have left. The reduction in quality and quantity during the Worthington era is a legacy the new man will have to deal with.A further thought. In the summer Hux can walk away if he wishes. He is a prize asset, clearly, should we try to get something for him in January. The only other real asset is Earnie, who might also want away if performances and prospects do not improve!

I think your all forgetting the £2.50 we will get when the new manager sells Hughes, Robinson and Thorne. Oh better be careful or Hughes might rip my head off. ( nah he''d probably miss anyway)

We have like 4 millionish, if you work it all outso if he gets half of that, he will be doing well.....