Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

loans

as we now have a paper thin squad why oh why have our kids not been out on loan in the last year? we have a poor looking backup squad with virtually no first team experience at all! some of these players should have been loaned to league 1 or 2 clubs before now to give them a chance, that would be the sensible thing to have done not to expect them to play for a long period and possibly ruin them! at least the binners do that properly ala liam trotter this week signing a contract one day and being loaned to millwall the next.

It was a key contributor to last years failures - a small squad with insufficient quality to ride an attritional league.  Since the end of last season we have lost Green, Ward, Charlie, Rehman, Jarrett< Mackenzie and JJ2 and only have Croft in.

We will have injuries and suspensions in this league and at the moment we do not have cover of satisfactory quality to cover injuries to striker, left mid, right mid, centre mid, left back and centre back.  In addition we are told the manager wanted a target man (not cotterill) and a keeper (GK is what loans are for - walkr, pollitt, myrhe could also do a emergency stint when needed).

It is along 4 months until the window reopens with the longest loan we can have being 3 months.

Loans from say west ham may be viable but at the moment we dont want to disrupt the starting 11 so who wants to come?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

It was a key contributor to last years failures - a small squad with insufficient quality to ride an attritional league.  Since the end of last season we have lost Green, Ward, Charlie, Rehman, Jarrett< Mackenzie and JJ2 and only have Croft in.

We will have injuries and suspensions in this league and at the moment we do not have cover of satisfactory quality to cover injuries to striker, left mid, right mid, centre mid, left back and centre back.  In addition we are told the manager wanted a target man (not cotterill) and a keeper (GK is what loans are for - walkr, pollitt, myrhe could also do a emergency stint when needed).

It is along 4 months until the window reopens with the longest loan we can have being 3 months.

Loans from say west ham may be viable but at the moment we dont want to disrupt the starting 11 so who wants to come?

[/quote]

I agree with that Zipper.  With the first 11 looking solid we will have trouble loaning good players for 2 reasons.  1) What good player wants to go on loan to sit on the bench?  2) Most clubs let players go on loan to get match fit or gain experience of first team football,  again is any club going to allow a player to come here to sit on the bench?

It seems we really have wasted alot of transfer time and I''m very dissapointed with certain people in the club. Loan signings are now our only hope and are an absolute must in the coming weeks if we are to continue the excellent start because the minute we lose one or two keys players we will be in trouble. I very much doubt we will go the whole season without any injuries so unless we bring more players in then it will be a big dent in our promotion hopes.

Any Premier sides players we''d bring in on loan would more likely not even be on their teams bench, so in light of that & the fact that they''d stand a better chance of seeing action here, then yes, I''m certain clubs would release reserve players who would gladly come here on loan.

[quote user="shyster"]Any Premier sides players we''d bring in on loan would more likely not even be on their teams bench, so in light of that & the fact that they''d stand a better chance of seeing action here, then yes, I''m certain clubs would release reserve players who would gladly come here on loan.[/quote]

And if another club offers the loanee guaranteed first team football? Not many players move on loan to sit on the bench - Look at JJ2, he ran a mile in the summer.

All players come thinking they can make a difference.  Depending on the loanee is there a position that cant be improved upon?   Even earnie would be better if he was a few inches taller..   

However given the disruption loans give us (demoivating for remainder, drain on resources) why not use the youngsters and give them some real experience and fast track their education?  At least then if its costs us promotion we will know whether they have any real long gterm future with us.

I totally agree Zipper, the best way to learn is to do it.  Doing such a thing would require the patience of the crowd though, hostile reactions would seriously dent their confidence, and I''m not sure if we have that luxury yet.