Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Southall claims Earnie "not good enough for the top level"

[quote user="NotWorthy"]Oh dear all the children dont like Southall knocking little ern so we get post after post of personal insults at somebody who was a class goalkeeper in his time . If Southall was wrong do you really believe Earnshaw would be playing for little old Norwich ? of course not if he was top class he would be at a decent Premiership club , Earnshaw could not cut the mustard at West Brom in the top flight and is now back to the level of football where he has had all his success . Good player YES , top class NO.

[/quote] Have you guy''s thought that the main reason that he misses so many chances, is because he gets in the box so quickly and regularly, this means he''s up with the play.  The fact that the Norwich players of last season were very bad at getting on the end of a chance in the box.  Whatever Southall says about him I''m pleased we''ve got him.

Earnie did cut it at West Brom  did he Herb ? how many players do you know who are doing the buisiness but cannot get in the team ? he was on the bench for a reason , that reason being his manager did not think he was good enough , remind me again how many Premiership clubs moved for him when it became known he wanted out ? very strange none wanted to snap up a top class striker dont you feel ? . As for you blah blah  well your just not worth it , when you back at school ?

Earnie''s goalscoring record:

YearsClubApps (goals)
1997-2004

2004-2006

2006-
Cardiff City

Morton (loan)

West Bromwich Albion

Norwich City
178 (85)

3 (2)

43 (12)

20 (12)
National team**
2002-Wales26 (11)

Also:

His hat-trick against Charlton Athletic on March 19th 2005 in the

Premier league made him the first player to have scored a hat-trick at

all levels of English professional football, the FA & League Cups

and at full international level, his international hat-trick being

scored against Scotland in Wales 4-0 victory in February 2004.

His overall record is 0.45 goals a game, or pretty much 1 in every

2.  Compare that to Craig Bellamy''s overall record (282 games, 95

goals) of 0.34 or, probably more importantly, with Geoff Horsfield -

one of the players keeping Earnie out of the West Brom team at the time

- (298 games, 105 goals) of 0.35 in a career spanning 14 years compared

to Earnie''s.  His record is better than either''s.

Then take into account the records of Nathan Ellington and Diomansy

Kamara, who Robson bought as he thought they were better than little

Earnie.  Ellington''s record is 0.37 goals a game, and Kamara''s is

a paltry 0.19 goals a game.

And on the subject of West Brom, Horsfield played 67 games, scoring 14,

only 7 of which were in the Premiership.  Earnie played 43, all in

the Prem, and scored 12.

I know that there are lies, damn lies and statistics, but I think

Earnie''s goalscoring record speaks for itself and we should be proud to

have him in our team.  We should certainly not take the view that

"we are little old Norwich, therefore he must be shite".

Neville and Dixon both talk out of their posteriors...

[quote user="NotWorthy"]Earnie did cut it at West Brom  did he Herb ? how many players do you know who are doing the buisiness but cannot get in the team ? he was on the bench for a reason , that reason being his manager did not think he was good enough , remind me again how many Premiership clubs moved for him when it became known he wanted out ? very strange none wanted to snap up a top class striker dont you feel ? . As for you blah blah  well your just not worth it , when you back at school ?[/quote]

It is possible that it isn''t just our manager that gets things wrong from time to time.

However the reason Robson dropped Earnie was nothing to do with his goal scoring record. Robson wanted a forward who would do more than just score goals. He was after a creator and contributor in many ways. That certainly isn''t Earnie.

How many Premiership clubs moved in for him?..................None or was it six or was it three. I could tell you any number but the truth is I don''t know just like you don''t know. You have no way of understanding which clubs made enquiries, which clubs decided the fee was too big ect. These things don''t happen in your living room.

[quote user="NotWorthy"]Earnie did cut it at West Brom  did he Herb ? how many players do you know who are doing the buisiness but cannot get in the team ? [/quote]Plenty.Hucks at Man City for starters. Any good player who fallen out with the manager basically.You can argue ''till you''re blue in the face, fact remains Earnie''s goalscoring record at Premiership level is half decent, especially given most of his appearances came from the bench.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]No seriously he was playing against brazil for Christ sake. He''s a good striker he''s not Henry but that why he''s playing for us. I''d say he''s as good as they get in our league and that he can do a job in the prem.[/quote]Quite right too. The bit I wanted to comment on was that Henry has hardly set the world on fire at international level recently. How many goals in the last 2 World Cups? He also has a habit of not scoring in big European matches like last years Final. Even Henry isn''t always as good as Henry!