Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Andy Hughes is fit for Luton. Should he play ?

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Dicky"]No, for the simple reason that you do not change a team that is playing well.  I personally think that Hughes can do a job for us this year IF the stupid fans who boo him shut up and let him get his confidence high. [/quote] Have you ever been to a game at CR. Seriously no disrespect meant but he''s terrible. I''m sure he''s a nice guy and all that and I don''t condone the booing but as a footballer he''s not fit for this league.[/quote]

Please try and learn from our most recent experiences with Etuhu and Robinson. They also appeared to be terrible players last season. Just give the guy a chance. He''s not had the same opportunity as the other two yet. Judge him after he has played under the current format. Not before.

[/quote]IMO thats completely wrong, hughes has had a much bigger chance than etutu or robinson...and both were never as bad as hughes.Hughes Apps (as sub): 35(1)Etutu Apps (as sub): 15(4)Robinson Apps (as sub): 18(4)I''d love him to prove me wrong though, after all I''d much rather be wrong and have a fantastic Hughes than be right and have a poor player and I also must agree with you, i don''t either condone this booing of one player.

Do you genuinely believe that Andy Hughes leaving Reading was the sole reason for their promotion to the Premiership ?

Statements like that suggest how little you understand.

UEA,

I agree Hughes had the most opportunities last season. What I''m saying is that under the current format of coaching and style of play, he hasn''t featured competitively yet.

Like I said, lets judge him after he has played and not before.

You never know he might take to this revelution like Robinson and Etuhu have.

I remember a number of posters last season saying Robinson can''t pass, can''t do this, can''t do that. He has now shown he is capable. The real test for him now is to become consistant. 

It worries me too Blah when people say rediculous things like that.

It''s concerning that for what is essentially a football related message board, that so little understanding of football sometimes becomes apparent from some individuals. Having said that, the majority are all pretty switched on.

I''m willing to give Hughes another chance - but only if the current starting 11 lose at some point, or Robinson is injured

If anyone is pushing more for a starting 11 place its McKenzie if you ask me

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Do you genuinely believe that Andy Hughes leaving Reading was the sole reason for their promotion to the Premiership ?

[/quote]

probably helped, even if just a little...  our results are noticeably better without him in the team. Fact is he isnt very good.

I''d fail to understand if he or any other player were to start in place of any of Tuesday''s starting 11, barring illness or training ground injury. So, no I don''t think he should start. However, I agree with the poster who said we should give Hughes a chance and judge him in the current setup. And for those of you who credit Hunter [almost] fully with the apparent turnaround in form, why do you not beleive he could have worked the same magic with Hughes? Most of our players underperformed last season; let''s give them all a chance to show what each can do with some confidence and a winning team behind them before we pass further judgement.

Cheer and encourage all of our players!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

probably helped, even if just a little...  our results are noticeably better without him in the team. Fact is he isnt very good.

[/quote]

Also may I add, by selling a poor player and replacing him with a better player, your team improves!!! 

I don''t dount that he''s not the best passer at the club, CJF. But he serves a purpose here, as backup to a midfield/full back and will bust his balls in every game for us.

So, you''re right, he ain''t great. But we need him - just as Flem proved last season when most would have had him ejected from the club!

Fact is he isnt very good.

Perhaps you should learn the difference between fact and opinion - try a dictionary maybe?

[quote user="CJF"]  Also may I add, by selling a poor player and replacing him with a better player, your team improves!!! [/quote]

Well, with pearls like that, you''ll forgive me for not trusting your judgement on ancient target men, or a managers for that matter.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]No, please no. His injury is one of the reasons we are playing so well. Sorry Andy, full respect for your energy, but your passing is a shocking.[/quote]

What rubbish.
You''d have lumped Etuhu and Robinson in the same bracket a couple of weeks back.
Any particular reason why Hughes shouldn''t have shown similar improvements since last season?
[/quote]

In pre-season and last season, Etuhu and Robinson at least showed a glimpse of something, albeit, once - but Hughes hasnt shown anything. He found his level at Fakenham. I hope I''m wrong, but the lad is hoofball and cross field passes that go in row z. I hope I''m wrong, but reading fans dont seem to think so

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

UEA,

I agree Hughes had the most opportunities last season. What I''m saying is that under the current format of coaching and style of play, he hasn''t featured competitively yet.

Like I said, lets judge him after he has played and not before.

You never know he might take to this revelution like Robinson and Etuhu have.

I remember a number of posters last season saying Robinson can''t pass, can''t do this, can''t do that. He has now shown he is capable. The real test for him now is to become consistant. 

[/quote]Yes I must conceed he does deserve another chance like the rest of the team. I certainly hope he has improved like the rest of the team as I have said before it would be far more beneficial to have a Hughes that plays well but personally I don''t hold out much hope, prove me wrong Hughes!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="CJF"]  Also may I add, by selling a poor player and replacing him with a better player, your team improves!!! [/quote]

Well, with pearls like that, you''ll forgive me for not trusting your judgement on ancient target men, or a managers for that matter.

[/quote]

well he is a poor player, cant pass, tackles late every time, then again Dicky rated Clint Easton and Shaun Carey.....

Anyway we are after Darren Anderton now!!!!!  lol, older than Sutton, injury prone and the new Graeme Stuart I would think.  Better be on pay-as-you-play......  lol

[quote user="Dicky"]

Fact is he isnt very good.

Perhaps you should learn the difference between fact and opinion - try a dictionary maybe?

[/quote]

perhaps you should watch him play - his passing completion rate is abysmal, his successful tackles (ie those where he actually gets there on time and not 10 minutes late) are few and far between, he doesnt score many.  His positioning is diabolical?  what is he good at??

Dicky rated Easton and Carey....

Why not just make things up eh?  You are a very strange individual aren''t you?